• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bruno Guimarães

Status
Not open for further replies.

HaffBR

Designer of fancy pyramids
Bissouma has been asked to do a specific role at Brighton. He is fully capable of having an influence further up the pitch. He literally can do everything to a high level. Pass with either foot, tackle, dribble and shoot.

It is really strange as Arteta likes players who can perform different roles. Bissouma allows you to do so many things in game.

This is before Brighton. You wouldn't look at that and think yeah Inam going to hold him back and not let him advance past the half way line. He is an 8 and a very capable one.

I've said it before. What we are doing in pre season is oishing 6 up at times. Leaving a box of four. You can do that in the league with Bissouma. You can't do that unless Lokonga and Partey play together.

All I would say @MutableEarth is that we probably did want a player in the Bissouma role and went for Lokonga due to funds and leadership ability. I think he will have a bigger part to play than people think and may even start he season alongside Partey.

Very nice, and his stats looked OK in comparison with Guimarães (almost equal I could say), but pay attention to some underlying numbers.

They played almost half of the minutes in Ligue 1, Guimarães last season and Bissouma in 17/18.

When Bissouma was on the pitch for Lille, Lille averaged 1.07 expected goals for and 1.69 against, his expectative on-off value was negative 0.22 and his real on-off was negative 0.97.

While when Guimarães was on the pitch for Lyon, Lyon averaged 2.44 expected goals for and 0.97 against, with expectative on-off value of positive 0.77, his real impact was positive 0.79.

On-Off Plus-Minus value of Bissouma is usually negative in most of the seasons: Yves Bissouma Stats | FBref.com
While Plus-Minues value of Guimarães is usually positive: Bruno Guimarães Stats | FBref.com

Why these numbers if Bissouma is more athletic and look visually better on the eye test too? Imo because decision making and off the ball movement are way more important than people think.

That appers here in Macro Football too, Bissouma had negative 3.53 isolated impact with more or less the same minutes of Guimarães while Bruno had positive 9.56.

Not Jorginho-like, but still pretty good numbers with some potential to improve.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
i will still add this guy even if Xhaka end up staying. look like we keeping eye in his and let's see what happen after he return to Lyon.

Kysus

I mean you can essentially lock this is Xhaka is staying.
Your obsession with trying to guarantee an unproven 21 year old a ****load of minutes in our most important position is just crazy.
One long-term injury to Partey and we would be finished.
Even with Xhaka staying we are a CM short.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Your obsession with trying to guarantee an unproven 21 year old a ****load of minutes in our most important position is just crazy.
One long-term injury to Partey and we would be finished.
Even with Xhaka staying we are a CM short.

It isn't crazy. He's 22 this year and cost £15M. What's more ridiculous is thinking he won't bloody play.

Why would we sign another CM now? You really think we will be benching two quality CM options for the majority of the season? If Partey gets injured Lokonga comes in. That's the whole point.

Kysus

It isn't crazy. He's 22 this year and cost £15M. What's more ridiculous is thinking he won't bloody play.

Why would we sign another CM now? You really think we will be benching two quality CM options for the majority of the season? If Partey gets injured Lokonga comes in. That's the whole point.
Jep, bringing in a random unknown kid from the le Pommes Frites league is enough in our weakest position after just having finished 8th.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
We are not bringing in another midfielder unless Xhaka leaves, no way. Especially not when we already have Torreira, Willock, Elneny and even AMN still on the books. Lots of smoke and mirrors still. Things will hopefully look very different at the close of the window.

blrgooner

Established Member
i will still add this guy even if Xhaka end up staying. look like we keeping eye in his and let's see what happen after he return to Lyon.
Agree. Keep Xhaka and get him in. Always good to have options. Send Elneny on loan or sell him. Elneny played more minutes than Bruno did for Lyon last season(Because of injury troubles I think) . 4 good players for two positions is good balance. We will never climb up the table if we are dependent on 1-2 players for each position.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
it been mentioned in article that Dortmund also interested they don't mention another team.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Dortmund wanted him at the start of the window. I can't believe this unless Xhaka actually goes.
Edu need to bring him imo even if Xhaka stay go sell Elneny or cancel his contract it was his number 1 target midfielder when he became arsenal DOF the chance came quickly and at very affordable price too.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Edu need to bring him imo even if Xhaka stay go sell Elneny or cancel his contract it was his number 1 target midfielder when he became arsenal DOF the chance came quickly and at very affordable price too.

Can't see it at all. Rather we just go for the AM now and potentially the AM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom