• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bruno Guimarães

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
however you feel about the individuals think we have enough bodies in midfield as it is... we sure ****ed up the busy period with the African Cup of Nations & AMN early loan

... but now we just have two games till the start of March ffs & then just 3 or 4 games a month after that 🤷‍♂️

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
We should be interested and is interested according to reliable sources. He is better than that fraud Melo.
We "were" if we are interested and we want him we should have put a bid but we didn't neither juve who heavily linked this window. Look we turn this page since summer.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
however you feel about the individuals think we have enough bodies in midfield as it is... we sure ****ed up the busy period with the African Cup of Nations & AMN early loan

... but now we just have two games till the start of March ffs & then just 3 or 4 games a month after that 🤷‍♂️
That true even tho the quality are short when you go from Partey and Xhaka and both them even if doing fine but could put us in trouble if they got injured in 2nd half of season. My main concern this window is we desperately need CF

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐

Yeah, we should be able to manage with Xhaka and Partey. A loan signing would help but it’s not as vital as getting a striker in. If that doesn’t happen we’re ****ed.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
My only surprise about this move is Bruno gave up about most things and maybe moving to CL club next summer because of Newcastle i know money play big part at everything but it not like he joining settled team he going from playing along Aouar Paqueta to Willock Shelvey. Only respectable player in Newcastle is ASM.

The bid was always going to get accepted his value 35-40M lyon said that many times last summer.

Ind0Gunnerz

Maybe Edu's genius plan is to let Bruno go to newcastle, pray they get relegated, and buy Bruno at a cut price if there is a relegation clause.

On seriousness, I thought Bruno was quality and its sounds crazy for him to ditch potential European football to potential relegation. Could have waited for the summer - unless there is a relegation release clause there.

REWB

Maybe Edu's genius plan is to let Bruno go to newcastle, pray they get relegated, and buy Bruno at a cut price if there is a relegation clause.

On seriousness, I thought Bruno was quality and its sounds crazy for him to ditch potential European football to potential relegation. Could have waited for the summer - unless there is a relegation release clause there.
I thought this aswell but man things just dont add up with him, nobody was really linked with him bar us and Juve...no PSG, Man utd etc, top teams that need CM's, also the comments by Tim Vickery about him were not convincing, oh well good luck to him.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Not going to lie nothing better than seeing a player I didn’t want but absolutely everyone else on AM praying for, go to a relegation battling side.

#InRubenWeTrust

Goonger

Maybe we just didn't rate him enough? Edu would have known him better than most other technical directors, seems like Aulus rather weirdly is a very willing seller, no other big teams bidding, does make you wonder.

TornadoTed

Established Member
Yeah I get what you're saying. I don't own or run a business but could probably still be seen to be in a similar situation so it's relatable. Issue is that you make the comparison of products, which are very rarely completely unique entities, unlike people. Even so, if we were to compare it to products; if you can't obtain your preferred piece of equipment you look around and assess whether there are other pieces of equipment. There's always the right piece and the right now piece. You may think that it's not worth to get the right now one and that's a perfectly viable scenario. But it's not only about improving for the sake of it. In this case there's opportunity cost attached as well in terms of CL qualification and the money, but even more so attractiveness (for players, presumptive fans, sponsors etc) that comes with that. At the beginning of the season I'd be more inclined to agree with your point as I didn't think we were in with a shout for top 4, but the way the season has developed that's not the case anymore and we have to do everything within reason and in line with the long term rebuild plan to maximize our chances to pounce on the opportunity.

If the club really thought before the window that Vlahovic was the only way to improve our attack then that's what it is in terms of recruitment. But then they should really be fired for incompetency. There's never just the one alternative.

At least that's my take from a "run a business" perspective :)
I agree that we should do everything we can and I have no doubt that the guys behind the scenes are exhausting every possibility.

I just think it is WAY more complicated than a lot of fans make out.

For example say Vlahovic was our No. 1 choice for striker, player X is 2nd choice, player Y is 3rd choice. Maybe X and Y are unavailable now as their clubs are chasing objectives but will be available in the summer. I would take our 2nd or 3rd choice in the summer over our 4th or 5th choice now even if it means missing out on potential CL qualification in the short term.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
So 30m for him agreed with Newcastle. Seems relatively decent price for what has been said about him. Looks like either we have an ace up our sleeve or we will end the window with nothing and end up finishing out of Europe for another year.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
Happy for Bruno, that he is thinking longterm.
He know that he will suffer in the next 1,5 years, has to play one year in the Championsship probably.
But after that he will challenge for the big titles with a big wage in the bag.

It's pretty obvious, that we weren't interested in him in summer or this winter.
The club had other priorities last summer (the wrong ones in my opinion), but this winter we just wanted a short cover for the January. This has failed anyway, so i wouldn't be surprise if we wait until the next transfer period if we don't get some short loan like Arthur.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom