• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bruno Guimarães

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

His pass success rate drops from 90% in Ligue 1 to 80% in the Champions League. A 10% drop, huge. Doesn't win any aerial duels and his interception rate is alarmingly low. You arguably want your CM intercepting more than tackling. Bruno with 0.4 per game compared to a Bissouma with 1.8 per game.
I really don’t get why we don’t go for bissouma. He is comfortably better than anything we linked with

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
I really don’t get why we don’t go for bissouma. He is comfortably better than anything we linked with
The mind boggles. Hard deal to get done now i reckon, whereas it probably would have been straightforward earlier in the summer.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩

Because he's very one dimensional and Partey can quite literally do everything he does. Bissouma, Partey and Lokonga all pretty much do the same things.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

The mind boggles. Hard deal to get done now i reckon, whereas it probably would have been straightforward earlier in the summer.

typical Arsenal. Little bit cheaper and far more unproven. We already know the exc. he needs time to get used to the league. No pressure season etc etc.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Because he's very one dimensional and Partey can quite literally do everything he does. Bissouma, Partey and Lokonga all pretty much do the same things.
Nonsense. Bissouma isn't one dimensional. He can win the ball, he can press, he can dribble, he has flair, he can pass. I understand that he is similar to Partey, but there is nothing wrong with that. Its not like Bruno is going to add something different like goal threat.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
His pass success rate drops from 90% in Ligue 1 to 80% in the Champions League. A 10% drop, huge. Doesn't win any aerial duels and his interception rate is alarmingly low. You arguably want your CM intercepting more than tackling. Bruno with 0.4 per game compared to a Bissouma with 1.8 per game.
I like Bissouma. However, you are comparing a central midfielder to a defensive one. I wouldn't expect a central midfielder to have the defensive stats of someone who is tasked to protect the defence. Just like I wouldn't expect Bissouma to to have the passing stats to match Guimaraes. He doesnt come close btw.

The thing is, for our money, we are not going to get a world class cm. We already have Partey. So it is more about what compliments him.

So far, there is a lot of debate as to the type we need. Nevertheless, Lokonga seems to fit pretty well right?

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Nonsense. Bissouma isn't one dimensional. He can win the ball, he can press, he can dribble, he has flair, he can pass. I understand that he is similar to Partey, but there is nothing wrong with that. Its not like Bruno is going to add something different like goal threat.

He might be able to do those things, but his main role is as a tackler and destroyer. He doesn't excel at anything that we really need next to Partey.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
I really hope he don't using our band like every agent but i don't think this is the case he just signed year ago

I honestly don't know. Kia is a smart fellow, he knows that Lyon need cash and that he could make a lot of money moving Bruno to us.

That's a good cashout after just 12 months and he knows he'll be able to move him again in another 24 if he does well and Arsenal continue to stagnate and the player improves.

As things stand, my Scam-o-meter is telling me this is them drumming up an easy interest.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Guess we'll see if other clubs get linked or not... Depending on what clubs show up, it'll gives a good indication if it's Kia or Aulas trying to get us to hurry up, or if it's another fishing expedition trying to get someone to give Lyon some cash.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
I like Bissouma. However, you are comparing a central midfielder to a defensive one. I wouldn't expect a central midfielder to have the defensive stats of someone who is tasked to protect the defence. Just like I wouldn't expect Bissouma to to have the passing stats to match Guimaraes. He doesnt come close btw.

The thing is, for our money, we are not going to get a world class cm. We already have Partey. So it is more about what compliments him.

So far, there is a lot of debate as to the type we need. Nevertheless, Lokonga seems to fit pretty well right?

Fair arguments.

Yes Lokonga has looked decent enough in pre season, although some are getting carried away. Thing is, Partey is such an all rounder, that you need another all rounder next to him. Tbh, i wouldn't be surprised if Xhaka ends up staying at this rate.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
He might be able to do those things, but his main role is as a tackler and destroyer. He doesn't excel at anything that we really need next to Partey.
What do you think we need next to Partey? For me, Partey looks best as a deep lying playmaker. When he's close to the opponents box, i'm not a massive fan.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
What do you think we need next to Partey? For me, Partey looks best as a deep lying playmaker. When he's close to the opponents box, i'm not a massive fan.

I think we need someone who can pass and be progressive quickly. Lokonga is doing what i want in a player that sits there. Bruno would probably do an even better job.

I dont dislike Bissouma, but Brighton want £50M. For his skill set that is far too much. Hence why we went for Locatelli and now supposedly Bruno.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

You seem to have the Spanish football outlook which I’m sure Arteta is raised with. The black central midfielder can only be DM. This guy is worse than all of them and is slow and unathletic

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
You seem to have the Spanish football outlook which I’m sure Arteta is raised with. The black central midfielder can only be DM. This guy is worse than all of them and is slow and unathletic

That's because he is a DM not sure why you're trying to turn him into something he isn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom