• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bruno Guimarães

Status
Not open for further replies.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I like Bissouma. However, you are comparing a central midfielder to a defensive one. I wouldn't expect a central midfielder to have the defensive stats of someone who is tasked to protect the defence. Just like I wouldn't expect Bissouma to to have the passing stats to match Guimaraes. He doesnt come close btw.

The thing is, for our money, we are not going to get a world class cm. We already have Partey. So it is more about what compliments him.

So far, there is a lot of debate as to the type we need. Nevertheless, Lokonga seems to fit pretty well right?
I want Bissouma above everyone else, the problem is Arsenal don't want Bissouma. Frustrating for me personally. Of the midfielders we've been linked with, Guimaeres is easily the one I like more than the others. Locatelli was OK, but I didn't warm to it because I wasn't sure he'd really move the needle enough. I don't want Neves either, he's probably the most uninteresting one we've been linked with.
Guimaeres at least has a bit of acceleration, good sense of timing, wins duels and still progresses the ball up the field. He would work in our midfield.

I'd 100% take Guimaeres and run if he's really on offer. Even if he doesn't stay long, he's an easy flip and by then Azeez and Patino will be bigger, stronger and more ready.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
That's because he is a DM not sure why you're trying to turn him into something he isn't.
He wasn't always a DM tbf, has played significant amount of football as a B2B and even an attacking midfielder before he came to Brighton. He's used as a DM and does extremely well there, but in a different capacity he can certainly add more. Eye test tells me that much - the numbers reflect the role, not the abilities.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
He wasn't always a DM tbf, has played significant amount of football as a B2B and even an attacking midfielder before he came to Brighton. He's used as a DM and does extremely well there, but in a different capacity he can certainly add more. Eye test tells me that much - the numbers reflect the role, not the abilities.

Bissouma doesn't strike me as a guy who can play splitting passes. Just not what I want.

StefanB

This guy is decent, but not sold on him. Doubt he'd come here and dominate. Yes he'd probably play alongside Partey if Xhaka left, but that's because our midfield options are so poor atm. His technique is quite unpolished/clumsy. Got a decent pass on him, but like Xhaka his pace will be exposed. It's already exposed in Ligue 1 and will only be worse in the Premier League.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

This guy is decent, but not sold on him. Doubt he'd come here and dominate. Yes he'd probably play alongside Partey if Xhaka left, but that's because our midfield options are so poor atm. His technique is quite unpolished/clumsy. Got a decent pass on him, but like Xhaka his pace will be exposed. It's already exposed in Ligue 1 and will only be worse in the Premier League.
It’s kinda amazing after years of xhaka we haven’t learned sh1t and looking for xhaka type of player and our fans say pace and athleticism don’t matter. Why the hell did xhaka who is a solid footballer hasn’t shined in the pl

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Of course, they're much better with their passing etc.
Bruno has 1 assist in 36 league games and is slow and unathletic. When we were linked with him 2 years ago that was the talk in the forum. Worry about his pace, he went to France and confirmed that. The only reason we are looking at him is because of kia

Badger_Revenge

Honestly, I think only 10% of the stuff we hear actually comes from arsenal - and most of what comes from arsenal is mostly just validation of signings, or equivocation. Most info is invented or manipulated by 3rd parties to serve their own interests. The fan base playing naively into that misinformation only hurts the club. The club is not naive. They may not know everything, but they know the basics.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Bruno has 1 assist in 36 league games and is slow and unathletic. When we were linked with him 2 years ago that was the talk in the forum. Worry about his pace, he went to France and confirmed that. The only reason we are looking at him is because of kia

1 assist you think that means anything in a deeper role? Jesus wept.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Why is User Rasmi of ArsenalMania.com trying to dismantle the term ‘deep lying playmaker’ like he’s Johan Cruyff or something?

Someone somewhere has a pile of popcorn and is laughing at the comedy on this forum. One of them is probably UnitedBeard based off his smugness recently.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I guess Lyon would sell guys like Aouar and Dembele first Paqueta and Guimaraes have signed 1 season ago but everyone has price if lyon got double what they paid for Guimaraes 20m euros they'll sell

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Why is User Rasmi of ArsenalMania.com trying to dismantle the term ‘deep lying playmaker’ like he’s Johan Cruyff or something?

Someone somewhere has a pile of popcorn and is laughing at the comedy on this forum. One of them is probably UnitedBeard based off his smugness recently.

I have him on ignore and reading this I'm alternating between stages of FOMO and knowing I made the right choice.

I'll stick with the latter for now.

Neve change, AM.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

we have too many snowflakes who take it personally if you don’t rate every player we are linked with. It’s not that serious. Atleast @HairSprayGooners isnt emotional about it and stand by his views. I can respect that. But to cry about I have someone on ignore cause they say things I don’t agree with in a open football forum is beyond pathetic

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Pace and acceleration is a must in football unless you are Pirlo and you have two players running for him.

Fábregas with all his creativity, he was quick and very good carrying the ball. I want a player to partner with Partey which is capable of making basics defending but to break lines with through balls and runs.

In other words someone like Wilshare who put effort defending even not being the best but very good creating chances from midfield and opening plays and supporting de CAM and wingers. Where our balls goes to be distributed.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
H
He is ok. Not bad not great. Not better than xhaka. Him and lokonga will have serious competition and I can see Sambi winning that. We looked at him when he was in Brazil and he chose Lyon instead. He doesn’t standout in Lyons midfield. Both caqueret and aouar are better players
He is definitely better than Xhaka. I don’t think you people realise just how average Xhaka is. He literally excels at two things and is below average at everything else.

Bruno came into Lyon and was in great form. He formed a good midfield trio with Aouar and Caqueret. However, this season they have been poor. They switched to a 343 and Bruno struggled alongside Aouar. In fact Aouar moved out wide because his midfield performances weren’t as good. He’s not slow. He has good acceleration, pace in midfield is overrated. Acceleration is more important and being in a good shape that doesn’t expose the midfielders. He is snappy in the tackle. He likes a dribble and carry the ball forward. His technique is a bit inconsistent but that can improve. He’s not great in the air. I do worry about him and Ben White in that aspect.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
H

He is definitely better than Xhaka. I don’t think you people realise just how average Xhaka is. He literally excels at two things and is below average at everything else.

Bruno came into Lyon and was in great form. He formed a good midfield trio with Aouar and Caqueret. However, this season they have been poor. They switched to a 343 and Bruno struggled alongside Aouar. In fact Aouar moved out wide because his midfield performances weren’t as good. He’s not slow. He has good acceleration, pace in midfield is overrated. Acceleration is more important and being in a good shape that doesn’t expose the midfielders. He is snappy in the tackle. He likes a dribble and carry the ball forward. His technique is a bit inconsistent but that can improve. He’s not great in the air. I do worry about him and Ben White in that aspect.
Believe me or not I would play White as CM next to Partey. He looks better to me as CM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom