• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bruno Guimarães

Status
Not open for further replies.

FluffyDoozi

Is he really better than Xhaka? We can't afford to get the central midfield position wrong this summer. It would make or break our season.
Watched all the Brazil games at the Olympics but no one apart from Richarlison has really stood out despite the quality of the teams being below standard.
He just seemed very average to me along with that Henrique guy that lots of people rave about here. But maybe it's harsh to judge them based on a tournament played under unfavorably hot conditions.

If we don't get that deeplying playmaker I'd rather we go for a different profile like Bissouma and hope that he and Party can hold the fort while Lokonga and Azeez develop.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Is he really better than Xhaka? We can't afford to get the central midfield position wrong this summer. It would make or break our season.
Watched all the Brazil games at the Olympics but no one apart from Richarlison has really stood out despite the quality of the teams being below standard.
He just seemed very average to me along with that Henrique guy that lots of people rave about here. But maybe it's harsh to judge them based on a tournament played under unfavorably hot conditions.

If we don't get that deeplying playmaker I'd rather we go for a different profile like Bissouma and hope that he and Party can hold the fort while Lokonga and Azeez develop.
The truth is xhaka is a good player who tend to make rash tackles. Because we have had him for so long and become frustrated he is short of the elite midfielders. Our fans have decided to discredit him and act like everyone is better than him. Ceballos a Real Madrid player and big Spanish talent came in and xhaka proved to be better. We spent big on torreira who did well in Italy and xhaka proved to be better. We have to stop with every midfielder playing for decent team being better than him. Zakaria is another one we been linked with our fans cream over. But he plays for xhakas old team and xhaka was better for glabach, they play in same national team….xhaka outperform him regularly. Xhaka has become so underrated it’s crazy

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Genuinely don't understand why this guy is rated higher than Neves tbh. Maybe he can dribble a bit better but that's about it and it's not like he's Santi level of dribbling. Neves has been doing it in the prem since he was 20 and is a key player for Wolves which btw AM sucked off every season. Bruno can't become a regular starter in the French League and was playing in Brazil the year before, Neves is only a year old but has so much more experience.

Oh I know why he's rated higher, it's because he has a cool name, no ones really watched him and he's from a French side. I got ya.

Gn1212

I'm in the same camp. Whenever I've watched Lyon he never stood out that much. He was alright. If I can single out anything is that his passing needs refinement. The delivery isn't where it needs to be for this level.

Gn1212

Genuinely don't understand why this guy is rated higher than Neves tbh. Maybe he can dribble a bit better but that's about it and it's not like he's Santi level of dribbling. Neves has been doing it in the prem since he was 20 and is a key player for Wolves which btw AM sucked off every season. Bruno can't become a regular starter in the French League and was playing in Brazil the year before, Neves is only a year old but has so much more experience.

Oh I know why he's rated higher, it's because he has a cool name, no ones really watched him and he's from a French side. I got ya.
I've said before that I don't rate Neves very highly but I think out of Bissouma and Guimaraes, he's the better player and fit for us.

HaffBR

Designer of fancy pyramids
I would prefer Locatelli, but this guy is easy my second in the list (over the ones of Aouar, Sanches, Bissouma, Neves, Caqueret etc). I usually recommend few Brazilians, but Bruno is one of them. I think he would be a good addition to play with Thomas, he can improve and he is still young but not that young (24 yo in November) and he is very complementary in terms of skill set.

I think that in a few months (or at most year and a half) Guimarães, Gabriel and Martinelli (Arteta needs to integrate Martinelli in the Arsenal XI, this guy has huge potential imo) will be all Brazilian NT players. So this is a good core of young Brazilians (quite arguably with more ceiling than the ones of Real Madrid imo).

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

I've said before that I don't rate Neves very highly but I think out of Bissouma and Guimaraes, he's the better player and fit for us.

I’m probably the only on AM who’s fighting his corner, but another issue is let’s say we bring Bruno and the guys struggling in the Prem like both Thiago & Partey did we’re back to Elneny.

Neves gives us assurance, he’s not a massive upgrade on Chaka but he’s a massive upgrade on the rest and he’ll slot right in no problems, same with Bissouma.

CM wasn’t a position people thought was key to upgrading had Chaka wanted to stay.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Believe me or not I would play White as CM next to Partey. He looks better to me as CM.
Nah, Yorch, you lose everything that's above average or interesting about the player if you do that, as a CM his skills are decidedly average. CB to CM conversions = 🙅‍♂️🙅‍♂️🙅‍♂️

HaffBR

Designer of fancy pyramids

Humble observation:

Lyon outperformed PSG in terms of expected points last season (see Understat) and had even a higher expected points than the 16/17 Monaco side (I don't think Mbappe, Bernando Silva and Fabinho failed to live up to the hype for example, some like Lemar failed tho).

.... and sure that Guimarães just played around half of the total minutes (struggled a bit with some foot injury it seems), but when he was on the pitch Lyon played much better than they already did when he wasn't on the pitch, meaning probably that if he had managed to play the full 38 matches, Lyon would average even more expected points and could had won the Ligue 1 last season probably.

Also, Bruno did super well since 2018 in Brazil too, facing South American powerhouses like Flamengo, River and Boca, winning the first Continental title for Athletico PR and one Copa do Brasil too, he was good in Brazil.

But listen, I don't think he is Verratti, Kroos or something, but for me he is def more a good player than he is average (Xhaka or Neves are more average than good imo) and will still improve, the average midfielder usually peaks later around 26-30 and he is still adapting.

Guimarães is also a leader with good work ethic, personality and behaviour.

Last edited:

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Bissouma doesn't strike me as a guy who can play splitting passes. Just not what I want.
Bissouma has been asked to do a specific role at Brighton. He is fully capable of having an influence further up the pitch. He literally can do everything to a high level. Pass with either foot, tackle, dribble and shoot.

It is really strange as Arteta likes players who can perform different roles. Bissouma allows you to do so many things in game.

This is before Brighton. You wouldn't look at that and think yeah Inam going to hold him back and not let him advance past the half way line. He is an 8 and a very capable one.

I've said it before. What we are doing in pre season is oishing 6 up at times. Leaving a box of four. You can do that in the league with Bissouma. You can't do that unless Lokonga and Partey play together.

All I would say @MutableEarth is that we probably did want a player in the Bissouma role and went for Lokonga due to funds and leadership ability. I think he will have a bigger part to play than people think and may even start he season alongside Partey.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Bissouma has been asked to do a specific role at Brighton. He is fully capable of having an influence further up the pitch. He literally can do everything to a high level. Pass with either foot, tackle, dribble and shoot.

It is really strange as Arteta likes players who can perform different roles. Bissouma allows you to do so many things in game.

This is before Brighton. You wouldn't look at that and think yeah Inam going to hold him back and not let him advance past the half way line. He is an 8 and a very capable one.

I've said it before. What we are doing in pre season is oishing 6 up at times. Leaving a box of four. You can do that in the league with Bissouma. You can't do that unless Lokonga and Partey play together.

All I would say @MutableEarth is that we probably did want a player in the Bissouma role and went for Lokonga due to funds and leadership ability. I think he will have a bigger part to play than people think and may even start he season alongside Partey.
I get upset watching that video....we see that and they want guys who are as slow as xhaka with neves and bruno. Sadly I think the clowns running our team has the same iq level as some posters here who think strong black guy....he is just a brute. How trash like neves and bruno are seen as intelligent players and bissouma is not is beyond me. Actually I know the reason

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Bissouma would be the dream but I can't see that happening now. I assume that losing our whole midfield for AFCON was seen as too much of a risk (which I agree with btw).

Guimaraes looks like an interesting player, haven't seen him much outside of those slightly scruffy YT vids. Do wonder whether in 12 months time you look back and wish we'd landed Caqueret instead though...

Pretty neutral between this guy and Ruben Neves but agree with @OnlyOne that Neves looks the less risky bet with more immediate impact.

What I would say is that both Guimaraes and Caqueret have 2.4 shot creating actions per 90 which is far higher than Xhaka. Neves isn't far behind either and is even better at creating chances. It looks like we are trying to get someone who is defensively solid but also has more bite going forwards and I thoroughly approve of that thinking.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes

Bissouma and Buendia was so so obvious.
Elite signings without that much competition, DONE at the start of the window, good preparation time. So odd.

Buendia basically does the things Ode does and the things Madders does.
Bissouma is just perfect aside from that, wants to come, IS A GUNNER FFS.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Bissouma would be the dream but I can't see that happening now. I assume that losing our whole midfield for AFCON was seen as too much of a risk (which I agree with btw).

Guimaraes looks like an interesting player, haven't seen him much outside of those slightly scruffy YT vids. Do wonder whether in 12 months time you look back and wish we'd landed Caqueret instead though...

Pretty neutral between this guy and Ruben Neves but agree with @OnlyOne that Neves looks the less risky bet with more immediate impact.

What I would say is that both Guimaraes and Caqueret have 2.4 shot creating actions per 90 which is far higher than Xhaka. Neves isn't far behind either and is even better at creating chances. It looks like we are trying to get someone who is defensively solid but also has more bite going forwards and I thoroughly approve of that thinking.
Caqueret is tidy. However physically looks stronger, he is a much better passer and ball carrier also.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Bissouma and Buendia was so so obvious.
Elite signings without that much competition, DONE at the start of the window, good preparation time. So odd.

Buendia basically does the things Ode does and the things Madders does.
Bissouma is just perfect aside from that, wants to come, IS A GUNNER FFS.
Buendia and bissouma was my two dream signings. Nothing else excites me now. They killed my summer before it started

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Man with how much you lot go on about Bissouma in every thread about a midfielder, you'd think some top teams would be after him by now. Not even a garbage team like ours is interested in him.
Its social media who created this fantasy we not going to buy guy who very similar to Partey that's why we targeting more xhaka type with more positional awareness and can carry ball forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom