• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bruno Guimarães

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

His agent is not kia but Bertolucci someone edu know very well too.

They’re still Kia clients.

He’s not allowed to be a football agent and represent clubs so all the Bertolucci clients are basically his by proxy.

Look down the list and you’ll see the likes of David Luiz and Oscar.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Do we actually have funds to buy anyone in this window?
You wouldn't think so, but surely we are bringing in a CM if AMN is leaving in loan... The Vlahovic rumours are nuts though. Pretty decent sources as well.

Reactions: Kav

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

@Sebastes you were pretty keen on him last summer, why have you changed your mind - Lyon's league position making you think twice? He's still a statistical hero.
Was I? Think I said he'd be okay tbh. I was high on him the summer of 2020, but you weren't around then? Or were you..? :shivering:

Regarding why I've changed my mind - yeah it's a lot to do with him not being a consistent starter last season iirc and this season he's been a more consistent starter and the team isn't doing too well.

Barry

Was I? Think I said he'd be okay tbh. I was high on him the summer of 2020, but you weren't around then? Or were you..? :shivering:

Regarding why I've changed my mind - yeah it's a lot to do with him not being a consistent starter last season iirc and this season he's been a more consistent starter and the team isn't doing too well.
There seems to be a persistent rumour that I am Say Yes. Now don't get me wrong, I like boot cut jeans & The Sopranos as much as the next man, but whatever crazy gossip is circulating on the Trusted Forum, I can assure you all that this is not the case. I have been reading Arsenal Mania for far too long though (maybe since like 2006/2007 ish) so you guys all seem like good friends to me already!

Anyway, in the post I was responding to, you said last summer that you were "All Up for him (ie. Guimaraes)" so was just wondering about that. Yeah I don't know what to make about Lyon either, they have stacks of talent though, I think it's a coaching issue probably rather than a reflection on the players.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

There seems to be a persistent rumour that I am Say Yes. Now don't get me wrong, I like boot cut jeans & The Sopranos as much as the next man, but whatever crazy gossip is circulating on the Trusted Forum, I can assure you all that this is not the case. I have been reading Arsenal Mania for far too long though (maybe since like 2006/2007 ish) so you guys all seem like good friends to me already!

Anyway, in the post I was responding to, you said last summer that you were "All Up for him (ie. Guimaraes)" so was just wondering about that. Yeah I don't know what to make about Lyon either, they have stacks of talent though, I think it's a coaching issue probably rather than a reflection on the players.
Lol, yeah I think you'll have to live with that tbh :lol:

I actually missed the post. I said earlier in the summer that he's decent and then I probably grew more and more frustrated with the lack of (good) cm links :lol:

In essence it's kind of still the same - it's not a good signal for me that they were doing well when he played a smaller part and now when he's starting much more they're not doing too well. He has very good stats though, maybe a bit iffy when it comes to the defensive side but that could well be because of team setup/tactics.

At this point I'm not against anyone I think

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Shots at the Illuminati-esque Trusted section…

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Here's some data on how different midfielders that could be potential targets compare
View attachment 5466View attachment 5467View attachment 5468View attachment 5469
Guimaraes looks good in these too. Kamara would be a lot cheaper because of his contract, but he doesn't have as good stats and is not as good at passing and attacking.

So it all depends on our funds. I think we need two midfielders in January + Summer, and the other one likely upgrades Xhaka.

Maybe they have money for Guimaraes now + a top midfielder in the summer? I doubt it, but maybe they do. Of course Kamara would be free in the summer, but are these two good enough upgrades?

drippin

At least something. We tried to get him from Brazil, but he chose Lyon. It was a wise career decision imo, tells about the player. He has also said that he wants to play in EPL.

Lyon paid 20 million for him 2 years ago, and his earlier club will get 20 % of next transfer fee. Lyon seem to want 40-45 million euros.

It seems the profile we want for all non-AMF midfield players is similar to Partey and Sambi. Players who are of the DMF/CMF mold, capable in both, but technical and fast enough. And 182 cm or more.

They have tracked him for a long time, so would not surprise if he was the main target.

What I don't like is that he has played under 2000 league minutes in every season in his career. For such a player over 40 million is quite much.

drippin

Here is a comparison to Camavinga, last summer.

Tough to compare for Camavinga, as he had a year left in contract, so was a bargain.

Anyway, Guimaraes is more efficient long passer, passer under pressure, doesn't dribble as often and is dribbled past more often. He also looks a bit better at defending. Otherwise the stats look quite similar.

45 million euros does sound a lot when Real paid 31 million euros for 5 years younger almost similar stats player. The contract situation difference is 1,5 years.

Screen-Shot-2021-06-17-at-1.26.14-PM.png

Barry

Here is a comparison to Camavinga, last summer.

Tough to compare for Camavinga, as he had a year left in contract, so was a bargain.

Anyway, Guimaraes is more efficient long passer, passer under pressure, doesn't dribble as often and is dribbled past more often. He also looks a bit better at defending. Otherwise the stats look quite similar.

45 million euros does sound a lot when Real paid 31 million euros for 5 years younger almost similar stats player. The contract situation difference is 1,5 years.

Screen-Shot-2021-06-17-at-1.26.14-PM.png

I saw that article as well. He's not the most exciting name but I think Guimaraes would be a terrific signing all told.

If we can't get the top tier midfielders (Rice, Tielemans, De Jong, Gallagher, Bellingham etc) then he's a really good shout at the next level down.

drippin

I saw that article as well. He's not the most exciting name but I think Guimaraes would be a terrific signing all told.

If we can't get the top tier midfielders (Rice, Tielemans, De Jong, Gallagher, Bellingham etc) then he's a really good shout at the next level down.
Yeah. Get Guimaraes in now to help with top 4 finish.

In the summer we have Partey, Guimaraes, Sambi, Xhaka.

Sell Xhaka with 2 years in contract and get a top midfielder with our UCL finish. Xhaka is worth like 20 million with 2 years in contract imo.

Sounds like a plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom