• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

BT sport

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Having won the Champions League rights and snapped up some of the biggest Premier League games it looks like BT are going to snap up La Liga.

If Sky lose that they really offer very little for their 50 odd quid a month. Is Sky's dominance coming to an end?

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Have seen Sky trying to big up the "best league in the world" as much as possibly. That's all they'll have if they lose the La Liga rights too.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Yeah, their dominance has come to an end, when Champions League and La Liga is snatched away from Sky Sports, you know the game has changed.

bingobob

Trusted ⭐

They will but all they will be doing is hyping up the matches BT has. I think us vs Chelsea is on BT this year, that's a massive coup when you think of former competitors like Setanta and ESPN they offered the z list games. Stoke at home to West Ham and dross like that.

Sky will have to get their act together, next season they will have a European channel and the only footvall on it will be Dutch football.

I see tough times ahead as even the sub sports like Wrestling and NFL have their own streaming service which will are cheaper. They will have to go all out to recapture the Premier league games or champions league games at a great expense and I cannot see BT relinquishing them easily.

RandyMarsh

Established Member
Sky should go after the Bundesliga games. That league is quality. Whenever I watch the highlights on Monday night, the standard of football is top class.

But yeah, BT seem to be gaining the edge here. They just need some good pundits and commentators. They need something to match the Sky sports' news tv channel next too.

Hopefully Sky just start handing out free goodies in the hope of making customers stay with them. Give me Kate Abdo for the night and I'm sure they would have my allegiance.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Sky are bringing little to the table now. PL and MLS only. Can't believe they surrendered their La Liga rights, BT Sport now have everything. I remember back in the day every major footballing event was shown on Sky Sports (bar the FA cup and some England internationals.)

I still think Sky provide the best coverage, football just seems more official on Sky Sports.

GDeep™

League is very weak
BT have the UFC too, last night showed US boxing for the first time, has snapped up alot of womens tennis, they also show the NBA.

All sky have left now really is PL football, mens tennis, cricket and some domestic boxing.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Premier League football is massive though, once the season starts and soccer Saturday kicks in, Monday Night Football, Super Sunday etc, all those magazine shoes connected to the PL, you see Sky come into their own, they do it greatly.

I wonder if you're top dog as long as you control the bulk of PL rights.

bingobob

Trusted ⭐

I'm curious for anyone based in the UK what do yous use,sky bt or virgin. I've always been with sky have eveything, phone, broadband, family package, movie package and sports at 70 pm plus bt at an extra 20. I'm strongly considering moving to BT. As GDeep says sky's coverage of football is amazing but so is the slickness in every other aspect and one of the reasons I'm still with sky is purely down to their entertainment package with Sky Atlantic.

They lose that then they really are on a slippy slope.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

So Sky have most of the PL football, cricket, golf, f1, darts, rugby league, boxing, NFL and Dutch football.

BT have PL football, German/Italian/French/Spanish football, UFC, NBA and rugby union.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
I'll never pay for B.eyond T.errible. Their coverage of football is depressingly awful and will only get worse with muppets like Linekar.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I'm curious for anyone based in the UK what do yous use,sky bt or virgin. I've always been with sky have eveything, phone, broadband, family package, movie package and sports at 70 pm plus bt at an extra 20. I'm strongly considering moving to BT. As GDeep says sky's coverage of football is amazing but so is the slickness in every other aspect and one of the reasons I'm still with sky is purely down to their entertainment package with Sky Atlantic.

They lose that then they really are on a slippy slope.

I'm with Virgin, XL package, internet and phone too, about 120-130 a month, BT is free I think.

Think it's expensive as I don't watch much TV other than Sport or documentaries. Sometimes I don't even watch the PL games on Sky.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Unreal how much you guys pay. I pay like £40 a month for 150/150 internet and the biggest TV package which includes like 6 PL games per week. All streamable as well.

bingobob

Trusted ⭐

I'm with Virgin, XL package, internet and phone too, about 120-130 a month, BT is free I think.

Think it's expensive as I don't watch much TV other than Sport or documentaries. Sometimes I don't even watch the PL games on Sky.
**** that's expensive. I think my wife would kill me if I paid that , she flipped when I got HD put in for an extra tenner.

onetowatch

Switching the phone line and broadband to BT to get BT Sports free (if you also take out their free TV pack, which you have side by side with Sky).

Few teething problems though, I've heard their service isn't great.

Sky is cheaper, slicker and better value for money with much better customer service and offers etc.

But the CL was the clincher as I imagine it will be for a lot of people. The odd PL and FA cup game would be an extra bonus.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom