• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bukayo Saka: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iwobi was excellent when he first broke through, much more exciting than anything we've seen from any youth player since.

Yeah he was brilliant at the basics, kept it simple, short passes elite and his movement into space was worth praising. I think with time as an wide forward people really needed him to start contributing goal/assists wise and it just wasn't coming off for him and people got frustrated. For his lack of goals/assists I wanted to try him in midfield because he had that passing and dribbling a modern game desire from CM. But there would have to be a lot of defensive coaching I think.

All in all, I wanted to give him this season before we totally gave up on him but I think the move benefits all parties!

Saka just turned 18 so he can easily surpass Iwobi contribution in next 2 years. I hope he does!

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Think Reiss Nelson is in more danger of that at the moment, tbh. Saka is having a clear impact every time he plays. Nelson is tidy enough but drifts through games. You look at Saka's goal at Frankfurt, would Nelson do that?

Go to 1:09.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
In my opinion Nelson's qualities look like he is suited to playing a support striker. One of those forwards with great positioning and really important touches and finishes. I've seen his cute link up play, he looks so comfortable doing it, I dont think he's as good as Saka out wide.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
In my opinion Nelson's qualities look like he is suited to playing a support striker. One of those forwards with great positioning and really important touches and finishes. I've seen his cute link up play, he looks so comfortable doing it, I dont think he's as good as Saka out wide.
He won the PL2 POTS after playing as a 10 for the season. He is similar to someone like Dybala. The problem is, second strikers are a dying breed so he’ll probably get shifted out wide which probably doesn’t suit his skillset.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Saka struggled quite a bit today. I have no idea why Emery moved him to the 10 role. Honestly one of his most peculiar decisions here. I don’t like the idea of him on the left wing with Kola as I feel it limits what we can do with the ball when Saka receives it.

Underhill

One of few that i am okay with tonight. I think he did well, with very little help from other players.

The "dive" was nonsense. I think it would have been reasonable to give a penalty for that, and it certainly was not worth a yellow.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
He won the PL2 POTS after playing as a 10 for the season. He is similar to someone like Dybala. The problem is, second strikers are a dying breed so he’ll probably get shifted out wide which probably doesn’t suit his skillset.
I think he can still work wide. I actually think LW in front of Tierney is a good spot for him. They have a good connection already and it allows Nelson more room to operate inside. That said, it would be better for all the attackers including the youngsters if we had a better attacking game plan.

Saka struggled quite a bit today. I have no idea why Emery moved him to the 10 role. Honestly one of his most peculiar decisions here. I don’t like the idea of him on the left wing with Kola as I feel it limits what we can do with the ball when Saka receives it.
I actually think he was OK but it was hard for him to get into the game because of how unstructured our attack was.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Sheffield clearly bully him off he is still lightweight for this level he tried but whole team struggled offensively ti be fair

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Think this experiment needs to end. He's obviously not ready.
Probably the most knee-jerk irrational post of the day.
Saka has been phenomenal till this game. Still he wasn't hopeless just far less effective than usual. In fact this was basically an Iwobi level performance.
Considering he's playing for a manager who can't create a thing going forward, refuses to play his better players and then moved Saka to CAM, we should give him a break.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Wish we still had Iwobi tbf, more of a natural playmaker and Pepe-Auba-Iwobi would have been quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom