• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bukayo Saka: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Wish we still had Iwobi tbf, more of a natural playmaker and Pepe-Auba-Iwobi would have been quality.
How can the guy infamous for lack of end product be a more natural playmaker? Iwobi would not have helped last night. Although I do think we should have kept him.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
How can the guy infamous for lack of end product be a more natural playmaker? Iwobi would not have helped last night. Although I do think we should have kept him.

He's a better footballer than all our other wingers bar Pepe, so he would definitely help with creating chances...plus Auba is nothing BUT end product, always thought him and Iwobi suited eachother's style

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
He's a better footballer than all our other wingers bar Pepe, so he would definitely help with creating chances...plus Auba is nothing BUT end product, always thought him and Iwobi suited eachother's style
No idea where you get that idea. Iwobi only had 6 assist over the whole of last season. Saka already has an assist and has just broken into the team. What are you basing this on?

Symbia

He is clearly not playing as a winger.
Complained about this earlier but half baked managers over here went over board.

Saka is not physically strong enough to fight his way through physically imposing epl players especially defenders. He needs dribble as quick as possible or run on them. Trying to stuck in with them will always come out futile.

Riou

No idea where you get that idea. Iwobi only had 6 assist over the whole of last season. Saka already has an assist and has just broken into the team. What are you basing this on?

He was clearly a very good footballer, would bring more control to our game as he is very difficult to get the ball off, and I believe that would lead to more chances even if not directly supplied by Iwobi.

Also assits need to be taken with context...you could play multiple 50 yard passes that are constantly being missed by your team mates, or you could just roll the ball 1 yard to Messi 20 times a year then he beats 2/3 players and scores a worldie.

Don't think Hleb assists stats were overly great, but would still want him over every other winger we have had since, bar Sanchez.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Also assits need to be taken with context...you could play multiple 50 yard passes that are constantly being missed by your team mates, or you could just roll the ball 1 yard to Messi 20 times a year then he beats 2/3 players and scores a worldie.
What are you going on about? Iwobi had PEA and Laca to feed last season under the same manager in the same system. His 6 assist last season came with the same players yet you're using Messi (god knows why) as an example that Iwobi would get more? How? Where is this messi influence you are referring to?

Riou

What are you going on about? Iwobi had PEA and Laca to feed last season under the same manager in the same system. His 6 assist last season came with the same players yet you're using Messi (god knows why) as an example that Iwobi would get more? How? Where is this messi influence you are referring to?

The Messi part was just in relation to assists being relative, Mesut had x amount of them with Giroud in 15-16 but significantly less with Laca and then Auba in 17-18...so it's not just up t0 the quality of players involved.

Just think Iwobi would make us a better team, even just a little.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
Bad night for the kid

In fairness anyone experienced in the English game could've told you a cold night in Sheffield probably wasn't ideal for him at this stage of his development

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
He struggled a bit last night. I have to say though the boy knows how to cross a ball. I really like the way he floats them in, usually they are just landing at a perfect place, middle of the goal only a few yards out. Ceballos should really have put away when he teed him up perfectly.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
Bad night for the kid

In fairness anyone experienced in the English game could've told you a cold night in Sheffield probably wasn't ideal for him at this stage of his development
It wasn't his best night, but he was better than most of the team imo. Should've had a pen and an assist if Ceballos could get something on his free volley.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
Ahh, the heel turn on the kid is already brewing. Ahead of schedule. Why am I not surprised?

For the record re Iwobi, think hed have been a decent #10 in this system.
He hasnt been decent for Everton where he should be better that those who are there. So why would her perform any different here than he did last season?

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
It wasn't his best night, but he was better than most of the team imo. Should've had a pen and an assist if Ceballos could get something on his free volley.
And had he got that pen the narrative would have been that he had a good game. Fine margins

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
He hasnt been decent for Everton where he should be better that those who are there. So why would her perform any different here than he did last season?
He played #10 in their last game v West Ham and was arguably the best player. Its playing him on the wing that doesn't work. Like, I'm ok with him being gone but cant abide by the narrative that he was this terrible player. He was good, just not the player we wanted him to he.

Riou

He played #10 in their last game v West Ham and was arguably the best player. Its playing him on the wing that doesn't work. Like, I'm ok with him being gone but cant abide by the narrative that he was this terrible player. He was good, just not the player we wanted him to he.

If you have a goal scorer like Walcott on one wing, he can play the creative role on the other wing...would have liked to have seen Pepe-Auba-Iwobi before we sold him.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
If you have a goal scorer like Walcott on one wing, he can play the creative role on the other wing...would have liked to have seen Pepe-Auba-Iwobi before we sold him.
Not for me personally. Would like to see more goals and assists from that LW position. Iwobi has never offered that from there. I was hoping to see one of Nelson, Saka or ESR get that spot anyway so that worked out.

I was ready for Iwobi to move central. Doesn't have enough incision as a wide player IMO.

Symbia

Not for me personally. Would like to see more goals and assists from that LW position. Iwobi has never offered that from there. I was hoping to see one of Nelson, Saka or ESR get that spot anyway so that worked out.

I was ready for Iwobi to move central. Doesn't have enough incision as a wide player IMO.
I seriously see ESR as a central attacking midfielder, don't think he is rapid enough to be at the wing unless he will be interchanging with the number 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom