Bukayo Saka: 2019/20 Performances

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Aevi, Aug 9, 2019.

1. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Easily Triggered

He barely 18 yet. Nothing to worry about.

2. Rex Banner

Rex Banner YNWA Trusted

Bale and the his successor Bellerin are the only ones I can think of. Sess as well obviously.

krackpot, celestis and Trilly like this.
  3. Trilly

Trilly The John Cross of Ilford

:lol:

Rex Banner likes this.
  4. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

One fascinating case:
    Working on the principles of vision, control and balance at Ajax's famed academy (where he grimly endured some training as a right-back to give him a complete footballing education), Johan Cruyff gave Bergkamp his debut at 16.

Also don't forget Emmanuel Eboue.

ptrcopp, krackpot, DanDare and 2 others like this.
  5. hydrofluoric acid

Don't know why people are acting like this is a huge problem. When Bellerin and Tierney are back in Saka will go back to u23. Missing few games there is not that bad. He is training with first team which at age 18 is very good experience! He is getting involved an training tactics and getting to know the players more. Means he will just be better prepared for EL and Caraboo games!

6. Impact

Impact Well-Known Member

Pretty sure Saka's ability to deputise at left-back gave us the requisite comfort to sell Monreal while Tierney is still in rehab.

7. El Duderino

El Duderino 99 Problems But A Mitch Ain't One

8. Jury

Jury Mission Accomplished

Wenger's still trying to wash Eboues blood off his hands. Gave him a career then put him on the streets.

American_Gooner likes this.
  9. celestis

celestis Arsenal-Mania Veteran Moderator

10. celestis

That's ridiculously good .

11. MutableEarth

MutableEarth Bloody awesome NSFW avatars Trusted

I have high hopes for him as an attacker.. ......but in the back of my mind I have this hunch that he could be an amazing left back. He would be perfect as a versatile wide man who could offer threat in both positions. He would see most of the ball in the final third anyway due to how we attack with full backs, plus he could still play as an attacker. Hes played the position lots of times aswell and has an aptitude for the position.

Impact likes this.
  12. Symbia

Symbia Active Member

Can't mention a player with better crosses in the whole team, maybe he can be a good left wing back if he has the much needed streght and stamina to bomb foward and backward.

13. razörist

razörist Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Yeah, classic Ajax academy. Frenkie played centre back for a year, De Ligt played in centre midfield to become better on the ball, they place individual development over collective succes. That’s why they don’t win as much at youth level as you might expect.

American_Gooner likes this.
  14. celestis

Didn't the Dutch guy that was in charge of our academy have the same philosophy ?

15. razörist

Andries Jonker? He’s a bit of a joke in Holland if I’m honest :lol:

celestis likes this.
  16. hydrofluoric acid

Did good for us. One of those who help kick started the generation that is coming through now.

MutableEarth likes this.
  17. razörist

Meh I don’t like him, not a guy to stay somewhere and build something for the long-term, the grass is always greener somewhere else.

18. Impact

Impact Well-Known Member

Agreed and at this stage, I'm not sure Saka could be much worse than Kolasinac.

MutableEarth likes this.
  19. krackpot

krackpot Well-Known Member

10/10

Ran Frankfurt ragged the whole match, and a spectacular goal

20. field442

field442 Hates Journalists Named James

Has to at least be on the bench after that. If we’re playing 4-3-3 he probably should be starting.