• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bukayo Saka: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beast Incarnate

I think some people in this thread who overhyped him are looking very foolish now.

This has happened so many times now: Putting a ridiculous amount of hype and expectation on a player who isn't ready.

In all my years as an Arsenal fan, I've only ever seen 2 teenagers at our club who could cut it in the first team = Cashley and Cesc. Saka isn't nowhere near the level they were at. I wish our fans would stop being so unrealistic.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I think some people in this thread who overhyped him are looking very foolish now.

This has happened so many times now: Putting a ridiculous amount of hype and expectation on a player who isn't ready.

In all my years as an Arsenal fan, I've only ever seen 2 teenagers at our club who could cut it in the first team = Cashley and Cesc. Saka isn't nowhere near the level they were at. I wish our fans would stop being so unrealistic.

Jackie Wilshere?

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka

Only person looking foolish is an agenda merchant like you waiting for a young player to have an inevitable dip in form to prove your point.

Saka has still not had any terrible games so far since he has been with the first team. Showing good strength holding off players, still doing the basics well.

No one on the first team is looking very effective in the last 4 EPL games. Not in attack, midfield or defense.

We have so many experienced players on the first team who regularly put in nothing performances and are rewarded with more game time, but a couple of average performances from a teenager with like 7 total first team appearances means he is not good enough.

chessygoal

Saka has something very rare, he has the ability to make the right choices in every situations, especially the ones that matter. His runs are great, he knows when to play simple and when to dribble, his pass are always in the good timing with the right weight.
On that quality alone, Saka is our third best winger. But I kind of agree with you, ideally, we should have 1 or 2 better wingers.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
After one bad game..

Good thread this.
The dreaded heel turn
o9TufRW.gif

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
I really like Saka. He’s not one of those super exciting young wingers like a Sancho or a Fati with dazzling skills- but his understanding of the game is already immense.

His trickery is always affective. No needless step overs or ball rolls, drops the shoulder here and there and knocks the ball into space to get breaks going.

He’s got a great shot on him too- brilliant natural technique. This lads going all the way to top IMO. He has the mentality for it, like Martinelli and Guendouzi.

We’ve genuinely got a ridiculously talented bunch of young bucks.

nick gould

Unai seems to think that playing youngsters will save him from getting fired. The boy has had 1 very good Europa game and has been riding on the back of that. It was very strange bringing him on today. I would have brought in Joe willock in place of Torreira. Not the boy's fault though. It must feel weird in the dressing room. The other players must feel that he is the teacher's pet.

StefanB

I really like Saka. He's a good player already. Him and Nelson on the left is a decent pair to choose from. Both are hardworking and are good at just doing the basics right.

Whenever Saka starts or lines up on the left I'm quite confident he will have a decent game. Which is quite telling in my mind.

Whenever players like Ceballos or Xhaka start I feel like it's more of a risk than playing this guy.

Hope he and Nelson continues to "own" the left side of the attack. I do not like having Ceballos or Auba playing as the left winger.

Pepes blue pill

Only person looking foolish is an agenda merchant like you waiting for a young player to have an inevitable dip in form to prove your point.

Saka has still not had any terrible games so far since he has been with the first team. Showing good strength holding off players, still doing the basics well.

No one on the first team is looking very effective in the last 4 EPL games. Not in attack, midfield or defense.

We have so many experienced players on the first team who regularly put in nothing performances and are rewarded with more game time, but a couple of average performances from a teenager with like 7 total first team appearances means he is not good enough.

Ignore him, if im correct its the poster who thinks you gotta be from around the arsenal area to be a proper fan

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Not sure why Emery has played him so much. He’s a relatively bright talent but not the type that should be playing this regularly at 18.

I’m sure even his biggest fans will admit he’s not a Sancho/Hudson-Odoi or even a Reiss Nelson type talent.

I just think Emery is desperately looking for solutions where there aren’t any and Saka may suffer for it.

Not sure why Emery has played him so much. He’s a relatively bright talent but not the type that should be playing this regularly at 18.

I’m sure even his biggest fans will admit he’s not a Sancho/Hudson-Odoi or even a Reiss Nelson type talent.

I just think Emery is desperately looking for solutions where there aren’t any and Saka may suffer for it.

He is bigger talent than Nelson. I don't think you know much about Saka or have watch him previously at youth level.

I’ve seen enough of him to make that call.

CHO is a level (or three) above personally.

Clearly you haven't watch him at youth levels.

Still early to make a call. He is playing at such young age. If he manage to transform his ability at youth levels up to senior level he is easily better talent than Nelson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom