• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bukayo Saka: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
He played excellent kept willian out of the game until last 10 minutes because he had cramp and he never used to play 3 games in space of 10 days

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
Was having a monster performance defensively until the leg cramp happened. The type of performance that got Wan Bissaka a 60mil transfer to Man U and Saka isn't even a full back.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
I have a lot of time for this kid but he's not showing enough going forward right now. Can't seem to beat his man for pace. I guess he's knackered.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Mustafi was absolutely stupid for the second goal but Saka did really bad on that one as well. If you have a slight injury, then you should stay back so you don't get into situation where you need to sprint to catch Willian on the break.

Anyways, he is a solid option for LB and can also play on the wing so he could have a bright future here. Once he gets confident, he will add more to our attack like he for u23

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I don't think he'll make it here. There's just something about him.

I sincerely hope he proves me wrong?

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I think he’s immense talent and he should make it. However it’s only a matter of time before all confidence and skill is beaten out of him lol.
We’re already playing him out of position against grown men in a losing team that kid is finished man :lol:

Loan with plenty of game time would be ideal but he’s shown the world he can play lb/lwb now, so unless he turns world class sharpish he will prob have to slot in there for the rest of his career.

I don't think he'll make it here. There's just something about him.

I sincerely hope he proves me wrong?

I have that feeling too. He's good at the things he does. But his skill-set is just a tad limited. He seems to struggle with link up play, and so chooses the easy option of running with the ball more often than not.

He could still make it if he follows Maitland-Niles's path of adapting to a more defensive role.

We’re already playing him out of position

Dont think its out of position for him. Seem to remember reading he has played a number of games as left back or wing back in both Arsenal and England youth teams.

Besides the position seems to fit the skills he possesses more than any offensive positions, that is most important no?

I have no idea how after watching him play you guys think Saka wont make it here. He has the right attitude and talent needed to succeed at Arsenal.

My instinct, or maybe just paranoia is that the same thing that happened to Iwobi, and other talents before him, will happen to Saka. Over reliance on a physical trait(Strenght/pace) will lead to him not working so hard on the weaker part of his game, because they are camouflaged to some extent by the good trait, and eventual stagnation.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
My instinct, or maybe just paranoia is that the same thing that happened to Iwobi, and other talents before him, will happen to Saka. Over reliance on a physical trait(Strenght/pace) will lead to him not working so hard on the weaker part of his game, because they are camouflaged to some extent by the good trait, and eventual stagnation.
Saka has always been a far more intelligent player than given credit. Initially seen as a blunt instrument, Saka is a lot more subtle than given credit and capable of making good decisions in the final 3rd - as evidenced by the fact that he's assisted 5 goals this season.

I have just as much faith in Saka being an instrumental part of our squad as I do Nelson and the other Hale End kids. He's already proven he can hang, and even proven himself a valuable option at LB (I actually think he could be an amazing full back if he wants to be).

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
....Get Arteta in and let him work on Saka the same way he worked on Sterling and we might a top player on our hands
original.gif

halfway there!

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Saka has always been a far more intelligent player than given credit. Initially seen as a blunt instrument, Saka is a lot more subtle than given credit and capable of making good decisions in the final 3rd - as evidenced by the fact that he's assisted 5 goals this season.

I have just as much faith in Saka being an instrumental part of our squad as I do Nelson and the other Hale End kids. He's already proven he can hang, and even proven himself a valuable option at LB (I actually think he could be an amazing full back if he wants to be).
How about Coyle and John Jules?

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
How about Coyle and John Jules?
Coyle has quite a bit of work to do because injuries really slowed his development but at 16 he was extremely highly rated. Very technical and a good athlete. I'd like to see what he can do with a bit of first team experience under his belt. A loan this window would be good for him if only so he doesn't stagnate in the PL2. He turns 19 in a couple of days so I think that should be on the agenda.

Same with John-Jules - I think he's potentially a complete #9 so I'm eager to see what he can do at first team level. He has the work-rate and athleticism to run the channels and bring people into the game, links play well as a CF - something our other young CFs may struggle with - and he is a capable finisher. Maybe not as prolific as Nketiah or Balogun but he's no slouch in front of goal. Just a cursory look at the quality of goals he's scored this season alone should show that.

I have faith that if given the opportunity, both of those players will do well. Whether they will be given that opportunity is up in the air, but at the very least, they should go on loan.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

lazyfreak

We've got Ainsley "I'm-not-a-defender" Maitland-Niles and now we also have Bukayo "I'm-also-not-a-defender" Saka. That article was obviously a month ago but still.

An 18 year old who's officially not even a first-teamer yet but is playing regularly a significant amount of minutes per appearance shows some dissatisfaction because he had to drop down to LWB from his usual LW?!?! That's absolute piss attitude you'd have to say!

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
https://www.justarsenal.com/arteta-extremely-impressed-with-bukayo-sakas-attitude/231934
again are ppl trolling or something.
All the other club fans back players that come up through the ranks but here its the opposite.
A player can perform, manager can praise him and the fans here are like "I have seen enough, wont make it"
He's an 18 year old, playing in a league that is 50 steps up from the U23 and he still looks like he belongs at this level. Thats huge

Saka like Nelson is one of the best talents in his age group, I'm just glad he has someone like Arteta to make him a superstar.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom