Bukayo Saka: 2019/20 Performances

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Aevi, Aug 9, 2019.

1. Trilly

Trilly The John Cross of Ilford

As a forward I dunno...

As a LB? Everything is there imo. Let’s see what happens.

tap-in and Red London like this.
  2. Pepes blue pill

Pepes blue pill Well-Known Member

Most impressive thing tonight was he started off all over the place but ended up having a very good game, top mentality

krackpot, #254, Fewtch and 3 others like this.
  3. Geofranco

Geofranco Well-Known Member

My favorite prospect alongside Miguel Azeez. Has everything to make it here. By the time he is 21, he'll be so devastating.

MutableEarth likes this.
  4. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

He has great ability to he good winger just need to sort out his crossing most of them are over hit.

5. Red London

Red London Well-Known Member

Another positive game from him. He's such a strong and tenacious runner with the ball that you cant help but think he'd be a great LB.

He does the basics so well, but of course it would be harsh to not give him a proper shot on the wing once our LBs return.

MutableEarth likes this.
  6. GoonerJeeves

GoonerJeeves Up The Terriers

He is going to make it? Isn't he? Not many of our youth prospects get this far.

7. MutableEarth

MutableEarth Bloody awesome NSFW avatars Trusted

I keep looking over at Trent playing RB for Liverpool and thinking how crucial it is to have such a weapon in that kind of position. I don't think we lose anything by playing him there, he plays virtually the same game either as a LB or LW. He could quite easily be both rather than just one. I think as an LB he could be different gravy though. Great comp for Tierney. Think this allows us to shift Kolasinac aswell.

Left side definitely sown up quite nicely with our options, but we still need a more dynamic midfield to aid them in getting the ball in dangerous positions.

Trilly, El Duderino, Jae and 3 others like this.
  8. MutableEarth

MutableEarth Bloody awesome NSFW avatars Trusted

Azeez has to make it, he's exactly what our midfield is missing.

Geofranco likes this.
  9. Red London

Red London Well-Known Member

Yeh I haden't thought of it like that. The way he plays means he can do the exact same thing except from a position further away from goal.

The fact he can overlap from LB means he would profit from space even in tight games. We've seen Kola do it for years now (to mixed results :lol:)

MutableEarth likes this.
  10. Wryer

Wryer Well-Known Member

Was he ever a permanent LB during his youth days? The lad does sound like he has some defensive qualities about him. He's hard working, he's hard to beat 1-1.

11. lufere7

lufere7 Well-Known Member

Imagine having 2 exciting LBs and a very solid one and giving Kurzawa a 5 year deal :lol:

El Duderino and CaseUteinberger like this.
  12. CaseUteinberger

CaseUteinberger Cazorla (not Carzola ffs)

He has really come along nicely over the last 2-3 games. He is settling in nicely and he is showing some good strength and tenacity as a defender. He has been a pleasant surprise. Nice to see a young academy player come along. Like him and Martinelli on the left side.

13. bojed

bojed AM Resident Joker #1 Trusted

Barca will come for him.

14. Symbia

Symbia Active Member

His family is Arsenal through and through and I don't think they will like to leave London for Barcelona.

15. Fewtch

Fewtch Ozil at 10 And Emery Out

7 g/a in 21 appearances in his first season in the first team at just 18 so far. He’s quick, strong, smart, resilient, got a great shot and a decent cross as well. A competent touchline winger on the LW and he could probably do a decent job on the RW as an inverted Winger.
    Profile wise, he’s a perfect fit for what Arteta would want from a winger (assuming that he goes the Pep at city route when composing his frontline). He’d be a waste at LB imo

16. RandomHero84

RandomHero84 Well-Known Member

My favourite aspect of him is his sheer physicality and persistence. When he is taking up an attacking role, or in the final third, I think he can do better.

He seems to do very well though with a player absolutely all over him. He protects the ball well and makes good use of his pace.

#254 Well-Known Member

Exactly. We could profit from the Kolasinac sell with no need of replacing externally and invest the money elsewhere. Our midfield especially is in dire need of better bodies in there.
    Edit:
    If Kola could somehow be converted to a MF and be good at it, that would be the ideal situation cos we need more runners with the ball at their feet and right now all good ones go at a premium or are not for sale at all.

18. Maybe

Maybe Well-Known Member

Nice one, still have painful memories of trying to convince people here to give chances to youth products. Last season if you just mentioned that they should play instead of overpaid and overrated seniors, you would get destroyed. Saka and Martinelli will change that opinion very quickly, not only between the fans but for coaching team as well

19. Oxeki

Oxeki Well-Known Member

Why are arsenal trying to sign kurzawa. From what what I've seen Saka has been better This season

20. Oxeki

Oxeki Well-Known Member

I don't really think he has what it takes to make it as a winger.

I think Arteta should mould him into a fullback.

He has all the tools to play the role

Trilly likes this.