Bukayo Saka: 2019/20 Performances

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Aevi, Aug 9, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Ciscoo

Ciscoo Member

He usually plays LB for England, so he has some pedigree. He’s trusted there despite always playing above his age group, which is all the more impressive.

Trilly likes this.
  2. SevenOfClubs

SevenOfClubs Member

I like the chemistry I'm seeing between Martinelli and Saka

3. irishgunnerz

irishgunnerz Moderator Moderator

Was worried for the first ten mins as he looked a little shakey. Grew into the game though and is really beginning to impress.

Says alot though when both AMN and himself have been some of our more competent defenders this season.

4. kraphtous

kraphtous Raul Stanllehi

If he can develop a better defensive game, I can see a great future for him at LB. As a winger, he's very meh.

Riou likes this.
  5. Trilly

Trilly The John Cross of Ilford

Yeah I wasn’t too keen on him as a winger just because of the ridiculous skill level required to be a top class winger. Probably more due to seeing other super talented wingers struggle at senior level rather than seeing Saka fail but that’s a post for another day.

As a fullback though....he’s got everything. You wouldn’t have to worry about him offensively due to the wingers skill set then in addition to that he’s a physical beast. More than the pace it’s his strength that shocks me, at 21+ he’s going to be a rock.

Looking at Ricardo at Leicester but with a better cross and shot as the fullback he could be.

6. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Prefers To Be Called Dennis

He is actually very capable wide forward. Can be a real terror in the final third. At 18 in PL he hasnt been able to show it yet. But his confidence is growing. He is starting to use his physique more and more.

It will be interesting to see how he does when Arteta tries him there again!

Macho, Artisan and Geofranco like this.
  7. Sydney-Gooner

Sydney-Gooner Well-Known Member

I'm also a bit sceptical of him making a Bale like transition from LB to LW. He has the physique but not the pace.

8. Taylor Gang Gunners

Taylor Gang Gunners Shame is a dish best served cold Trusted

He plays the same in an attacking sense whether he’s LW or LB. I love the simplicity of his game- he’s not got twinkle toes but he’s very affective and has a lot of running power.

If he works on the defensive side of his game (not to say he’s defensively poor, his numbers are very good) then he could be a hell of a LB or even a LWB.

Him and Bellerin both looked good on the overlap from full back positions. Could be a weapon going forward.

Impact, El Granit-Coq and Trilly like this.
  9. Keplaz

Keplaz Well-Known Member

Man of the match today. He is a tidy player. I genuinely think fullback has to be his future. Excellent going forward and solid defensively. Kept going even at the end.

10. Macho

Macho Well-Known Member

I think he can be a capable LW for sure. He’s not a LB.

Squillaci likes this.
  11. HaffBR

HaffBR Active Member

He can be a good offensive LB. I don't know, but at this point I believe that Tierney dude was become somewhat redundant with Saka's explosion.

12. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Prefers To Be Called Dennis

I trust Arteta here but honestly I see no reason why he cant become a player who play both positions to very high standards. Already getting praised how quickly he learns and pick up things.

Love this talent!

GypRosetti and Pepes blue pill like this.
  13. Keplaz

Keplaz Well-Known Member

I don't see it. He is effective in the final third but I don't know if he has enough guile to play LW. I think he can be a quality modern full back like Alaba or Cashley.

GypRosetti likes this.
  14. Pepes blue pill

Pepes blue pill Well-Known Member

This boy would be getting more hype but all the focus is on martinelli at the moment, not that im complaining, I would rather all our young players were allowed to go under the radar

15. Eaststander74

Eaststander74 Jury Lite II

I see, and would rather see him as a winger who can defend rather than a LB who can attack.

Squillaci likes this.
  16. Tourbillion

Tourbillion Angry 24/7

A couple of poor passes forward to players in central positions but otherwise excellent.

17. Mo Britain

Mo Britain Doom Monger

When Saka plays a key role at left-back in winning England the World Cup a grateful nation will cast its eyes back and demand recompense for the man who first made him a left-back.

"Good ebening! Arise Sir Unai Emery!"

Geofranco, truth_hurts and GypRosetti like this.
  18. RunTheTrap

RunTheTrap Well-Known Member

I would love to see him on the plane for England. I’m being 100% serious and not in anyway hyperbolic when I say he’s better than Chilwell and Rose.

People are way too obsessed with positions, on paper he’s a left back but if you watch the game he’s mostly left wing. Same with Trent and Dani Alves, they’re out on the right wing. Let’s just be grateful one of our own is getting minutes and recognition

#254 and Pepes blue pill like this.
  19. RunTheTrap

RunTheTrap Well-Known Member

Yeah, imagine if we had another Bellerin/Debuchy situation. That could be a really interesting headache for Arteta.

20. boonthegoon

boonthegoon Well-Known Member

Only issue I see with him playing at LB is that he is letting players to cross easily. Most of the crosses came from the left today as well. He squares up with the man he is defending against, but when they cross, he barely closes them down. I still have hopes on him to be a top class LW as well. That shot power..uff. Will be amazing if he goes through a Bale like transformation with his pace and physique.