• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bukayo Saka: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
People seriously need to calm down with this agenda that Tierney is apparently an injury prone player. Now there's the agenda that Saka, as good as he's been, can be a better LB than him.
****ing hell :lol:
We can only go by what we've seen so far. Hopefully the lad has just been unlucky but it's been a worrying first few months from the injury perspective.

Marjorie

Thread Monopolizer

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
For me, Kolasinac has looked the most effective out of the 3 under Arteta. I’m not sure if Tierney really 1st choice like that.

If Saka applies himself and fully decides to embrace lb, there is no reason he can’t become better than Tierney in the future you never know.
Tierney behind Saka is the dream. Saka should be allowed to flourish as a LW.

HaffBR

Designer of fancy pyramids
I think he is more a threat and is more consistent as offensive LB that can add a extra offensive force with his crosses and runs etc than as a pure winger. I also think he is OK in the defense too.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
He will need to add more to his game to make it as winger here. I believe in his talent, but his dribbling can be a bit predictable. If his first touch becomes more consistent he'll go to another level.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
He will need to add more to his game to make it as winger here. I believe in his talent, but his dribbling can be a bit predictable. If his first touch becomes more consistent he'll go to another level.
This.

More drops of the shoulder and more twinkle toes please, Bukayo.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Sancho would like us I feel, good mates with Nelson and he’s always back in London every chance he gets.

Just whether or not we have the 100M plus for him.
Feel like we would have held off on Pepe if there was even a small chance. It’s a shame we aren’t doing better, proper attractive destination we are.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

He's in with a shout at being player of the season at this rate

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Feel like we would have held off on Pepe if there was even a small chance. It’s a shame we aren’t doing better, proper attractive destination we are.

I kind of preferred Ismaila Sarr in the summer based on how well he played against is in the EL.

He was younger, cheaper and so far has outperformed Pepe for a sh*te team. Could’ve had money saved to go after a Sancho or whoever this summer then.

I think we’ll get back there as a destination, in terms of European cities it’s probably the most attractive to play in.

Other clubs like Real and Barca have the prestige but location wise it’s hard to beat London if you’re a young millionaire who works 5 hours a day tops.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
PFA young players nomination too if more of the end product comes in the PL.

The young player of he year award is a joke, Sterling won it last year and he has been a starter in England since 2012 ffs :lol:

Would like to see the awards changed...no player nominated for the main award can also be nominated for the young one, would also like a lower age limit (or a player who at least hasn't already played season after season as a starter) want to see others get a chance to win it.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
The young player of he year award is a joke, Sterling won it last year and he has been a starter in England since 2012 ffs :lol:

Would like to see the awards changed...no player nominated for the main award can also be nominated for the young one, would also like a lower age limit (or a player who at least hasn't already played season after season as a starter) want to see others get a chance to win it.
Probably should be a cap on how many times you can be nominated for it if they wanna keep it at this age. When you've been nominated for something like 2-3 times then you're not inexperienced anymore lol.

I see why it used to be the age it is but these days you're getting fantastic players extremely young. In my opinion it should be under 21 (u21 when season started).

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

I think it’s fine how it is tbh. Maybe just make it a year lower as I think it’s currently something like “they have to be 24 when the season started”?

Otherwise you’re just punishing players like Sterling for being a phenomenal young talent.

Riou

I think it’s fine how it is tbh. Maybe just make it a year lower as I think it’s currently something like “they have to be 24 when the season started”?

Otherwise you’re just punishing players like Sterling for being a phenomenal young talent.

That's ridiculous though, he has been a star in England for years...young player should be about someone who has burst onto the scene in the last year or two, not someone who has been a star for Liverpool and City for seven :lol:

Trent probably should have gotten it last year, or maybe even Neves...should be a younger/less games cap or something.

Last edited:

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

That's ridiculous though, he has been a star in England for years...young player should be about someone who has burst onto the scene in the last year or two, not someone who has been a star for Liverpool and City for seven :lol:

Trent probably should have gotten it last year, or maybe even Neves...should be a younger/less games cap or something.
Shouldn’t young player just be for someone who’s young?

You’re more talking about a rookie of the year type award.

A lot of young players in football don’t get to have that instant impact as they usually start with minimal apps and minutes. Compared to a rookie in the NBA who will definitely get the opportunity to showcase their talents.

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
Criteria should be very simple: Candidates should be no older than 20. Done. I'm fine with the player--if he deserves it--also being nominated for the main award. Why not, they're all footballers still. The young and main award would be a nice coveted double to aim for.

Riou

Criteria should be very simple: Candidates should be no older than 20. Done. I'm fine with the player--if he deserves it--also being nominated for the main award. Why not, they're all footballers still. The young and main award would be a nice coveted double to aim for.

Just like giving more players a chance to win an award, my main issue is with 24 being the cut off for the young one tbf.

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
Just like giving more players a chance to win an award, my main issue is with 24 being the cut off for the young one tbf.
23 is a joke. players peak at 26/7 ... 23 isn't 'young' in football terms anymore. There is still room to improve obviously, but it isn't young.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom