Bukayo Saka: 2019/20 Performances

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Aevi, Aug 9, 2019.

1. Trilly

Trilly The John Cross of Ilford

I don’t think there’s an issue with calling a spade a spade, especially in the heat of the moment.

If somebody is playing crap then they’re playing crap regardless of age/fitness, right?

BigPoppaPump likes this.
  2. Hleb's Sirush

Hleb's Sirush Well-Known Member

I don't agree with those posts too. Atleast not when these are posted before the player has had a decent chance to show what they can do.

EL, League cup and even some FA cup games we should be playing a lot of the youngsters. It will be harder to give them a lot of minutes in the League. But even then if you score or put in a promising performance like Saka did today, you probably will even get some minutes in the league too depending on injuries or suspensions.

Trilly and hydrofluoric acid like this.
  3. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Easily Triggered

If someone is taking their first steps you try to understand why he is playing badly. But Saka wasn't even playing badly, he had some cool ideas that didn't come off and was getting attacked for it constantly.

But yeah its alright. But why spend your time on youngsters when the seniors are playing even worse I never get. And I would also add that senior playing well helps the youngster more than youngster playing well helping the senior. So I would use my full force on the clowngang in the squad rather than on our future!

Geofranco and MutableEarth like this.
  4. Tourbillion

Tourbillion Angry 24/7

This kid can be a star.

5. Ashybashy86

Ashybashy86 Well-Known Member

It's a good point. I seem to remember him playing well in a pre-season game against Benfica. Their left back just couldn't deal with him. Got an assist that day if remember correctly. His assist for Laca against Chelsea in pre-season a couple of years ago also came from the right. I guess he's just more in his element on that side.

6. Trilly

Yeah I agree, but there’s nothing wrong with acknowledging if they are playing badly.

Why don’t you adopt your approach to Pepe? You’ve already said he will be dross in a few seasons.

7. RunTheTrap

RunTheTrap Well-Known Member

Admittedly he was poor the first half but he grew into the game showed his qualities. One thing I like is how direct and willing he was to take on players. Even if he lost the ball he kept being direct. That’s probably the best thing you can do when playing in an open game like today. Just be direct and something might come off.

8. hydrofluoric acid

24 year old. Thats senior player in my books. 80 M player. If no 15/15 goal/assists this season then its failure. Bang average player by the looks of it so far. Barely an improvement on Mikitaryan.

Geofranco and Ashybashy86 like this.
  9. UpTheGunnerz

UpTheGunnerz Phallus Obsessed

People writing of Pepe, writings on the wall for that :D

Bukayo, keep it up kid. World is your oyster.

10. Tir Na Nog

Tir Na Nog In Big Trouble If He Speaks

Starting him vs Villa might be a bit much considering we've got a league cup tie mid-week which'll be perfect for him.

Pepes blue pill and Ashybashy86 like this.
  11. hydrofluoric acid

Yeah I doubt he is starting a PL game soon. We shouldn't rush these things.

12. Beksl

Beksl Sell All The Youngsters

Great performance tonight!

13. Trilly

Adapting to a new league is not as tough as adapting to first team football but it still is a challenge.

Picking and choosing to suit your preferences mate.

14. hydrofluoric acid

Tbh I didnt rate Pepe in France either. Just dont rate him as high as others.

15. Trilly

Do you mean 15 goals+assists combined or 15 goals and 15 assists?

16. hydrofluoric acid

15/15 goals/assists. 30 combined.

17. Trilly

:lol::lol:
    Alrighty.

Artisan and ThlRama like this.
  18. Ashybashy86

Barely an improvement on Iwobi either so far. Of course we need to give him time because we don't really have a choice. It's looking like he'll need a tap-in to get his first goal. Hopefully he scores soon and it helps with his confidence.

hydrofluoric acid likes this.
  19. hydrofluoric acid

Nothing wrong with hoping that. We are due to have finally a elite wide forward. I will still give passing grade if he manages double figures in both.

Trilly likes this.
  20. Ashybashy86

Tbh, I'm not writing him off. I'm just underwhelmed at the moment, and that's not just because of his price tag.