<

Bukayo Saka: 2019/20 Performances

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Aevi, Aug 9, 2019.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. celestis

celestis Arsenal-Mania Veteran Moderator

A month ago I said Saka would overtake Nelson very shortly if he wasn't careful . It's happening . Not because Nelson isn't as talented but Saka knows his game inside out almost too well for an 18 year old. Only going to get better . What a monster.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2019
  2. Geofranco

Geofranco Well-Known Member

Saka already has such an impressive final ball. Low crosses, high crosses and showed good composure with the finish.

Perfect technique to curve the ball into an angle the goal keeper could not reach.

The guy just has too much impact in the final third to be a fullback.

I get the concerns with his passing, combination play and first touch, but those are things that can be improved.

The physical attributes, guile and fearlessness he always shows are things not easy to emulate or teach. Either you have it or you don't.

He clearly has a very strong mentality and already knows what he wants to do before he receives the ball, even though it doesn't always come off, at least we know he is not afraid to try.

Once he fills out his frame by like 21/22 and gets more experience which hopefully will lead to better decision-making, he will be a menace for years to come.

3. Big Poppa

Big Poppa Well-Known Member Trusted

The benefit of a loan is continuity (if it’s the right club and manager). There is no substitute for learning each week in unpredictable, competitive situations where people will hurt you to win.

It’s incredibly tough for youngsters to come out of the cold every 4 weeks and perform, especially when playing with a different XI each time.

drippin likes this.
  4. Big Poppa

Allow number 10. Midfield is too open.

Ceballos over Özil

5. Big Poppa

Word!!

krackpot, Mark Tobias and Rex Banter like this.
  6. Mark Tobias

Mark Tobias Mr. Agreeable

This here is our best youngster. Has a face I want to smash until he starts playing, then I want to mother his children. Absolute gem this.

7. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Dishonest To His Federation

Spent entire last year trying to explain to people who only wanted to see Amechi and felt somehow like Saka was stealing his thunder that Saka is a beast in his own right.

At 18 year old he is showing a lot that gets you excited for the future!

krackpot likes this.
  8. drippin

drippin Well-Known Member

What? Why? You want to beat up innocent children? o_O

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Let's hope people understand that young players will have ups and downs, just like older players, just more.

DanDare likes this.
  9. Maybe

Maybe Well-Known Member

I think ESR is 2 levels above every other youngster we have, but it's the injuries that are holding him to show that.
    The way ESR runs with the ball is really special and when he starts playing his position he will be able to show that.
    Saka, like Nelson, doesn't play the same way for the senior team like they do for youth. They are scared to take people on for now but Saka looks closer to getting rid of that fear.

10. Mark Tobias

No idea. It is completely irrational but I don't like his face. Also, he's 18, technically he's an adult now...
    But I love this kid. Was more a stupid joke than anything.

11. drippin

Yeah I know. So you developed this "want" in the last two weeks when it was legally more appropriate? :D

12. HollandGooner

HollandGooner Well-Known Member

Just to stay on topic Saka has all the ingredients to make it here.
    @Big Poppa think we can play with Ceballos and Özil just with Torreira beside them.

blaze_of_glory likes this.
  13. Mark Tobias

Well his face didn't bother me when I watched him before. I don't know how to explain it. Like he has this stupid look on his face and looks like he is going to cry or something. Then he starts jamming and my irrational logic is replaced with love... Really love the way he plays. He puts in deadly crosses.
    Seems to just go about his job. Can guarantee he'll be one of my favourite players if he continues in this manner.

14. hydrofluoric acid

Are we talking about beating up 18 year old face on here? I don't get the joke...

15. Mark Tobias

No we're talking about how the 18 year old with a 'punch me' face suddenly becomes a hero due to the elite way he handles himself on the pitch. Keep up, Hydro.

16. hydrofluoric acid

His face is adorable! Like one of those small pokemon who destroy larger pokemons!

If you are having trouble with his face may I remind you of even more punchable face in Dele Alli?

Tourbillion and Mark Tobias like this.
  17. Mark Tobias

Far more punchable, very true.
    Love the Pokemon description!

hydrofluoric acid likes this.
  18. drippin

Yeah, he has unique looks for sure. Kind of interesting to see where it develops with age.

1+2 points with red card to opponent is quite something in tough away game for an 18-year old. He also hit the cross to Torreira which was a great goal chance.

Mark Tobias likes this.
  19. al-Ustaadh

al-Ustaadh Professor of Twitter

Nelson is also better suited behind the striker in my opinion. He’s no winger at this level. Hard for him to get games there too with the other players we have. Worry his career may go the way of Iwobi in that sense.

krackpot and celestis like this.
  20. Mark Tobias

Everytime he was on the ball we looked more exciting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.