• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bukayo Saka: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
You may get to see him play live if God is great for Nigeria. Naija boys!

Though I wouldn’t want to lose another Arsenal player to the Africa Cup mid season. :(
I hope he chooses Nigeria, so I can finally get to watch him live but that's unlikely TBH. Think he'll choose England over us. I wouldn't blame him tbh

I think he fancies his chances with the England team. Which ever National team he choose to play for, he has the quality to play for them.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
I hope he chooses Nigeria, so I can finally get to watch him live but that's unlikely TBH. Think he'll choose England over us. I wouldn't blame him tbh

I think he fancies his chances with the England team. Which ever National team he choose to play for, he has the quality to play for them.
I’m not English nor Nigerian (could be though - have to do an ancestry someday) so I don’t have a horse in the race. But I don’t look forward to the prospect of Saka laying them on a plate for a bunch of Tottenham players.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I'm delighted he's signed. I hope he stays fit and goes on to have some real consistency. He has been a real breath of fresh air and I trust him on the ball and he's so easy to watch. It says he's signed up for four years. Is that a four year extension until 2025 or a new contract until 2024?

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I’m not English nor Nigerian (could be though - have to do an ancestry someday) so I don’t have a horse in the race. But I don’t look forward to the prospect of Saka laying them on a plate for a bunch of Tottenham players.
That's assuming those vermins produce a player good enough for the English NT. Dele Alli and Kane are the only two that comes close, but even they are beginning to fade into obscurity.

Hopefully, Mourinho does the coup de grace on them and they return back to midtable mediocrity

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Think I've upgraded again from an Arsenal supporter to a fan and supportef again.

Saka and Tierney means in theory our left side is sorted for nearly a decade. Am over the moon with this news.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Think I've upgraded again from an Arsenal supporter to a fan and supportef again.

Saka and Tierney means in theory our left side is sorted for nearly a decade. Am over the moon with this news.

A decade. That's wishful thinking. We will probably sell those 2 in 2 years time when the big boys come knocking.

truth_hurts

A decade. That's wishful thinking. We will probably sell those 2 in 2 years time when the big boys come knocking.

Will be for big effing money if we do and they only cost a combined 25m. 125m worth of player now :)

truth_hurts

And, some people desire for us to become like Dortmund anyway!

It's worked from Raul, Vinai and the boys. I'd be content now if Auba signed and we had minimal summer activity. They've won!

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
And, some people desire for us to become like Dortmund anyway!

It's worked from Raul, Vinai and the boys. I'd be content now if Auba signed and we had minimal summer activity. They've won!

Dunno about Auba. If it's on the same wages now I dont mind. However if he is looking 300/350k a week no chance. We cant afford another 30+ player collecting over a million with no resale value or big dips in form.

Midfield and defence still needs work. At least one player in each.

truth_hurts

Dunno about Auba. If it's on the same wages now I dont mind. However if he is looking 300/350k a week no chance. We cant afford another 30+ player collecting over a million with no resale value or big dips in form.

Midfield and defence still needs work. At least one player in each.

It would mirror Özil in that we would be paying more than we want to as we are desperate to keep our star. I believe widget far more out of Auba then we have Eurgh-zil though.

I agree we need serious reinforcement in our central areas, but am aware that it might take more than one window.

If we were to sell the deadwood, sign Saka and Auba to new deals and buy a genuinely world class cm, I could live with buying a genuinely top notch xb in another window.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
Nigeria can piss off BTW. Always sniffing about our players. Worse than Ireland and Scotland ffs

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

It would mirror Özil in that we would be paying more than we want to as we are desperate to keep our star. I believe widget far more out of Auba then we have Eurgh-zil though.

I agree we need serious reinforcement in our central areas, but am aware that it might take more than one window.

If we were to sell the deadwood, sign Saka and Auba to new deals and buy a genuinely world class cm, I could live with buying a genuinely top notch xb in another window.
Aubameyang for all his weaknesses has been more important on the pitch than Özil was in the last few years of his deal. There are also far less question marks over his commitment on and off the pitch or questions of character and desire. The fact is Aubameyang is being linked everywhere Özil was wanted by Galatasary or some other Turkish based team.

We got bent over because we were meant to be in a new era and two of our star men were running down their contracts. And losing Alexis put pressure to keep Özil regardless of how he was doing on and off the pitch.

the big thing for me is I can leave or take Aubameyang. I see us selling him and having money to refresh the team but I also realise keeping him can be important and we can sell others to rebuild the squad.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant

Another genius in our ranks!

I like Saka a lot as a player. And these are good gcse results.

But I don’t really think getting these results equals to being a genius. I’ve got similar grades.

A friend of mine went to Cambridge, he’s got straight A* in gcse and very good grades in A levels. I think it’s the A-level or IB that set great candidate apart from the average ones, because it’s such a huge step up from gcse.

Top universities rejects lots of straight A candidates too. So I would use the world genius to describe his performance on the pitch more than the gcse grades he gets.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

If Ryan Giggs is worth 20 millions, Bergkamp is worth 100 million

Marco Van Basten
Top Bottom