Bukayo Saka: 2019/20 Performances

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Aevi, Aug 9, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Penn_

Penn_ Established Member

The coolness with how he took his goal was reminiscent of Henry.

yybecause likes this.
  2. Hunta

Hunta Shivering Right Now Trusted

I don’t like him at RW, his body positing is all wrong when he plays there.

LCM > LWB > LW > LB > RW

3. dka91

dka91 Well-Known Member

Have to agree, absolutely excellent finish but he doesn't look right on the right (no pun intended)

4. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

Well playing him in many positions really could affect his development next season he either have to be LW or AM.

Zidane would be proud with that finish

5. MikelHadADream

MikelHadADream Well-Known Member

Great finish but I think in general he struggled a bit today. I'm not a big fan of him as a forward in a front 3, especially on the right. I think he is most effective on the left side of the pitch where he can combine with players, not sure on his best position to be honest, he's so versatile.

DanDare likes this.
  6. Furious

Furious Xhaka Propagandist

He obviously hasn't got enough sauce to play at RW yet, but as long as he scores and we win then he's one step closer to be able to master the position.

Sanchez11, bingobob, Trilly and 2 others like this.
  7. TromsoGooner

TromsoGooner Well-Known Member

Great goal but doesn`t look comfortable on the right and actually had a very poor game apart from the goal. 47 per cent pass completion.

8. samshere

samshere Why so serieuse?

Guy can play as a goalie and still be world class.

9. TinFish

TinFish Active Member

He's much better on the left. I actually like him as a LWB tbh

10. Mrs Bergkamp

Mrs Bergkamp Well-Known Member

Played out of position and looked lost but he worked things out for himself, scored and was solid. He's much better on the left but on the right, he was still as effective as Pepe and Nelson have been. He's just a baller and very articulate in his interview. Technique and intelligence. The legacy of Graham and Wenger being revived.

11. James Bond

James Bond Moderation Consultant

Think a fair bit of that was down to having no idea what page Cedric was on given it was his first start for the club. Agreed though that Saka still looks much worse when played on the right overall but if he needed to start there again vs LCFC then throwing Bellerin behind him would help settle him.

12. Monstar-Gunn4r

Monstar-Gunn4r Well-Known Member

Managed to get his goal against arguably the best organised defence in the premiership on a half chance. Probably struggled more than he would on the left but just goes to show if you give him half a chance he'll take it.

13. Trilly

Trilly The John Sauce Of Ilford

Yeah but I also run east London.

Oxeki likes this.
  14. dashsnow17

dashsnow17 Established Member

15. Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Dennis_Bergkamp_10 Well-Known Member

What a talent. Is he eligible for England or do you guys need to compete with an African country?

16. razörist

razörist Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Idk is Bukayo a traditional English name?

Trilly likes this.
  17. Idiotologue

Idiotologue Well-Known Member

You framed the question wrongly. He's both eligible for England, and England does need to compete with an African country for his services, it's not X or Y.

18. Flying Okapis

Flying Okapis Most Well-Known Member

The melting pot that England has somewhat become will see a lot of 'non traditional' first and surnames in the future.

It should be great for the national teams talent pool.

I imagine how Saka progress's over the next few years will determine which nation he selects.

19. razörist

razörist Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Thank you for this. Nobody would have understood what @Dennis_Bergkamp_10 meant otherwise.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10 likes this.
  20. bingobob

bingobob Fan of Technicians Who Show Great Character

He was isolated out on the right. Still delivered when it mattered.