• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bukayo Saka: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

DasBootist

The melting pot that England has somewhat become will see a lot of 'non traditional' first and surnames in the future.

It should be great for the national teams talent pool.

I imagine how Saka progress's over the next few years will determine which nation he selects.
He'll play for England, Ffs. Sooner than you think...

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
He was isolated out on the right. Still delivered when it mattered.

It's an ongoing issue for the team. People will tell you it's evidence of Pepe's lack of quality.

Team has been left sided since Emery spammed every match with Kolasinac. Xhaka building with his left foot contributes to this as well

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Hope he starts to get a settled spot in the side soon. Last thing we want to do is turn him into some sort of Chamberlain, even if Saka is at a higher level.

After Brighton I’d like to see him get a run as a CM in a three. He has all the attributes to be a proper box to box midfielder.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
What a beautiful finish. He’s so easy on the eye. What a player we have for the future. I’m interested to see which position be eventually settles in, I’ve given up trying to predict :lol:.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I wouldn't get too worried about position, I think it'll probably end up being more central especially under Arteta but you look at Foden and it's clear that Pep will be using him both wide and centrally because he's capable of playing both, similar to how he's used Bernardo Silva. I feel Saka is the same, depending on the game, options available to him, how he wants us to play then Saka could be used either centrally or wide but I think predominantly it'll be more central as we look to progress more toward playing 4-3-3 although at the moment we still have to bring in a couple of midfielders in order to transition to play that way effectively. I wouldn't be too fixated on Saka having to nail himself to either being a midfielder or a winger (I don't think he'll end up as a left back now). He's shown he's capable of playing both why rule out him playing on of those position just for the sake of being able to label him one or the other.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I wouldn't be too fixated on Saka having to nail himself to either being a midfielder or a winger (I don't think he'll end up as a left back now). He's shown he's capable of playing both why rule out him playing on of those position just for the sake of being able to label him one or the other.
Exactly. As long as he’s involved and making an impression as opposed to floating around on the periphery without the confidence or ability to make something happen, then his position—wherever he ends up—shouldn’t come as a problem to him. I think his attitude as well as his talent make him genuinely versatile.

Bloodbather

Established Member

I agree that Saka is a bit early in his development to be pigeonhold to be a certain position, but at some point - possibly starting from next season - it does need to be decided where his primary position is going to be so that he can get clarity on it and adjust his focus accordingly.

For me, that position is more likely to end up being LW, not LCM. I've seen enough of him creating from the wing and being able to move centrally from the left to consider LW his likely future position. I think he's going to end up more of a Bernardo Silva than he does Sadio Mané, if that makes sense - someone that's better suited to be a part of your front trio but still plays like a midfielder rather than a forward and can also start in your midfield.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Seconding the wish that Saka narrows down his positions to one or two to avoid a chamberlain situation.

He’s pretty much the perfect footballer though even down to his interviews he nails it. He’s defo the poster boy for Arsenal atm.

Impact

Established Member
I wouldn't get too worried about position, I think it'll probably end up being more central especially under Arteta but you look at Foden and it's clear that Pep will be using him both wide and centrally because he's capable of playing both, similar to how he's used Bernardo Silva. I feel Saka is the same, depending on the game, options available to him, how he wants us to play then Saka could be used either centrally or wide but I think predominantly it'll be more central as we look to progress more toward playing 4-3-3 although at the moment we still have to bring in a couple of midfielders in order to transition to play that way effectively. I wouldn't be too fixated on Saka having to nail himself to either being a midfielder or a winger (I don't think he'll end up as a left back now). He's shown he's capable of playing both why rule out him playing on of those position just for the sake of being able to label him one or the other.

I would also add Arteta's style (structured and detail-oriented) as opposed to Wenger's (fluid and creative freedom) puts less of an onus on the player to understand how to perform in their designated starting position.

It likely means players will find it easier to adapt to their new roles because they will be well drilled and instructed beforehand.

It's why for example Kolasinac has adapted easily to playing LCB despite no playing history there (though you obviously will note his lack of quality - which good coaching can only mitigate not change).

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I would also add Arteta's style (structured and detail-oriented) as opposed to Wenger's (fluid and creative freedom) puts less of an onus on the player to understand how to perform in their designated starting position.

It likely means players will find it easier to adapt to their new roles because they will be well drilled and instructed beforehand.

It's why for example Kolasinac has adapted easily to playing LCB despite no playing history there (though you obviously will note his lack of quality - which good coaching can only mitigate not change).
Arteta seems to have a synthetic approach in that he seems very structured and detail-oriented but not to the point of rigidity. Wenger's fluidity was definitely a strength when backed by the recruitment of intelligent, technical, athletic and intuitive players who were capable of micro-managing themselves. Not so much later on!

harunh

Hope he starts to get a settled spot in the side soon. Last thing we want to do is turn him into some sort of Chamberlain, even if Saka is at a higher level.

After Brighton I’d like to see him get a run as a CM in a three. He has all the attributes to be a proper box to box midfielder.

Saka is humble, Chamberlain isnt humble and Saka is also a few levels above above Chamberlain and he is only 18, Saka will be 1/20 best footballers in the world in many years to come, the kid is a top rare talent, he is a blessing to Arsenal :D

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
EcMHArGWkAEe9lY

...there is errr, quite a lot going on here...

lomekian

Essays are my thing

Agree generally buy Kola played LCB in the world cup, so he has some previous

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom