<

Bukayo Saka: 2019/20 Performances

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Waevi, Aug 9, 2019.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MutableEarth

MutableEarth Bloody awesome NSFW avatars Trusted

Mate, talk about jumping the gun :lol:. Saka is special - but so is Sancho.

I think his actual versatility works in this regard - he's very effective all along that left hand side because of his footballing IQ and ability to play in tight spaces. I think while LW is still probably his best position, there's a hell of a lot of mileage we can get out of him as an LCM in a 433 system.

tcahill, Football Manager and Trilly like this.
  2. Football Manager

Football Manager Copy & Paste Merchant

I’m glad you haven’t do that to me yet.:D

Last edited: Jul 9, 2020
    MutableEarth likes this.
  3. MutableEarth

I rarely put people on the ignore list as it is, I even took Rich & Reed off it. I just don't have the patience for repeated antagonism. I'm here to talk football, not engage in petty squabbles and agendas against players (even ones I don't like).

tcahill, BigPoppaPump, Trilly and 3 others like this.
  4. Trilly

Trilly The John Sauce Of Ilford Trusted

I want him to look at Foden and Greenwood and keep pushing. He’s in elite company and should use that as motivation.

MutableEarth likes this.
  5. 9jagooner

9jagooner Well-Known Member

Let's not forget Bukayo played left back for a long time and learned the trade of that position. This has helped him a lot playing on the right and supporting Bellerin or Cedric. This is something Pepe needs to learn.

6. MutableEarth

Conversely, I want the rest of the Hale End lads to look at Saka and use him as motivation too (especially Nelson, I'm tired of firming corn for backing him :lol:). He's testament to what diligence and bravery can do.

Trilly likes this.
  7. Geofranco

Geofranco Well-Known Member

He doesn't need to look at anyone. Saka is clearly very motivated individual already and has a strong family backing him. Foden and Greenwood may look more elegant on the ball, but they are not more capable. Saka is a better athlete than both, naturally stronger and much more versatile. Greenwood is just a better finisher and Foden a better passer.

samshere likes this.
  8. lazyfreak

lazyfreak Member

Of course he did. That's because I showed him up in one f***ing post in the Maitland-Niles thread not too long ago! He made a few claims which I proved him wrong and he didn't even bother replying. Instead he went hiding so he can protect his image that he's the AM resident academy expert and then put me on ignore! Bang up job there isn't it!

9. samshere

samshere Why so serieuse?

Agree with this. I won't be surprised if Saka ends up having a better career than them.

10. samshere

samshere Why so serieuse?

On that thought, England are really spoiled for talent aren't they with Foden, Greenwood and Saka.

11. Trilly

Trilly The John Sauce Of Ilford Trusted

I'm not saying they're better than him.

I'm saying they're already kind of being labelled as England's big three prospects. They should all be using that as inspiration.

I don't think we can say we know anything about how motivated Saka (or any of them are). It's easy to be motivated when you're playing for that first contract but when you get that first big payday can you keep pushing? Are you going to ball out in Miami this summer or come back early and work on your game?

Gooner1988TK and Symbia like this.
  12. UnitedBeard

UnitedBeard Active Member

Instead of playing someone who understand the meaning of derby and will likely give everything what he got, the manager would rather play Pepe. Oh Arteta. :facepalm::lol:

13. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

14. Hunta

Hunta Shivering Right Now Trusted

England deserve to lose him for keeping him with the u19s earlier this year. Should have been in the u21s at least.

15. GDeep™

GDeep™ Dissociating

Doubt he’ll go with Nigeria.

16. Sammy1887

Sammy1887 New Year, Same Hate For Reed

17. <<reed>>

<<reed>> Meme Merchant

Saka #7 done, Coutinho/Willian #10 next
    Blimey

18. Sammy1887

Sammy1887 New Year, Same Hate For Reed

Fraser #14?

19. <<reed>>

<<reed>> Meme Merchant

God willing

Sammy1887 likes this.
  20. Oxeki

Oxeki New Threads, Old Tweets

Hell yeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

American_Gooner likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.