<

Bukayo Saka: Little Chilli

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by oh to be a goon, Jun 6, 2020.

?

What #1 position would you use Saka for?

1. LB/LWB

2. LW

3. LCM

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. oh to be a goon

oh to be a goon Active Member

2. Rex Banter

Rex Banter Got Swerved By Gallas Trusted

Golden boy.

SA Gunner likes this.
  3. MutableEarth

MutableEarth Bloody awesome NSFW avatars Trusted

I'm intrigued by what kind of role he's gonna play in this coming season. My guess is he will continue to be used in the diverse way that Arteta has used him since becoming head coach. I actually think he'll play more games in midfield this season, IF we go for a 433. Would be nice to see him get more games at LW again. Either way, he'll be of interest now that he's a known quantity.

RunTheTrap likes this.
  4. sdotzdot

sdotzdot Well-Known Member

I reckon he will have a bit of a quieter season, won’t start as many games but loads off the bench. Valuable experience for him regardless.

That isn’t necessarily bad, he’s so young and just signed a contract and although he was fantastic last season we need to be weary of overestimating and burning him out. Slower the pace the more rewards long term.

5. Geofranco

Geofranco Well-Known Member

He is going to finish the season with 15+ assists. Prob 7 goals in all comp.

6. DasBootist

DasBootist Well-Known Member

In a midfield three, plz

RunTheTrap likes this.
  7. RunTheTrap

RunTheTrap Well-Known Member

He’s gonna be a squadie for the most of the season and rightly so. We can’t afford to ruin this kid’s future like this club did with so many talented youngsters. All I want is for him to ball out in the Europa league and cup games in midfield. Apparently, he’s been tried out as a 10 in training and I would love to see that in action against some fodder.

Moleque likes this.
  8. Jury

Jury Mission Accomplished

He’ll be even better this season, no doubt about it. We’ll see outstanding performances far more often and more goals and assists. There’s no going backwards with him, he’ll kick on again. 8 goals, 9 assists in the league, so a peak Ryan Giggs return expected.

Ciscoo likes this.
  9. Macho

Macho Well-Known Member Trusted

Hope to see him used more centrally next season. I guess Willian kinda makes sense if these two are going to occupy the same roles next season (LW & AM)

Artisan likes this.
  10. MutableEarth

Apparently they went with this in training and they like the idea. Such is his intelligence he seems to be adapting really well in this regard.

Macho likes this.
  11. MutableEarth

Here's a post I made over 2 years ago regarding Saka :lol:

Not a bad prediction in the end. He's now played all 4 of those positions.

12. drippin

drippin Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

13. Macho

Always thought it would be Reiss Nelson or something. Not as good a scout as Mutable.

Saka has the confidence though clocked that from the moment I saw him.

Riou likes this.
  14. MutableEarth

To be fair, I thought (still think) it could be Reiss. Saka has that resilience that made me believe he would make it without much fuss but Nelson at his best is the most talented one. The last 2 years have been difficult for him because of how little he has played and he's lost a lot of confidence - doesn't even look like the same player at times. That said, I have no doubt he'll be a fixture if he gets starts to get his groove back. Saka will be a star regardless.

Riou, krackpot and Macho like this.
  15. Pyres7

Pyres7 Active Member

Why do people want him to play central? He's one of our most effective players out wide so I'd like him to stay there.

truth_hurts likes this.
  16. Macho

Most importantly, hes got all the tools
    There was a vacancy before Willian
    He's one of our own and I personally would like to see him take centre stage, I think he can do it.

As long as he plays I don't really care though, certain players are above whatever position they get put in to and this lad is one of them.

Artisan likes this.
  17. Pyres7

Pyres7 Active Member

Oh I don't doubt that he could do it, but he was probably our most dangerous wide player last season (apart from Auba for different reasons) so I thought it would make more sense to let him build on that.

You're right though, he's gonna be a beast wherever he plays.

18. Riou

Riou Non-Stop Nostalgia

Last edited: Aug 22, 2020
  19. MutableEarth

Freddie really refined his game, particularly in terms of off the ball movement. Really added an element to his game and maximised his end product.

20. REWB

REWB Member

If we are smart we will convert him into a fullback like alphonso davies. He has the skillset for it. Not sure if Saka passing and link up play is good enough to be a consistent top player higher up the pitch. I believe he has the potential to be only a very good forward player but A world class fullback if we train him into that direct.

Trilly likes this.