• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bukayo Saka: Little Chilli

Is Bukayo Saka...

• a GOOD inverted right-winger

Votes: 16 12.8%
  • a GREAT inverted right-winger

Votes: 43 34.4%
  • the GREATEST inverted right-winger

Votes: 66 52.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Black Noir

I don't personally understand why it's got to a point where it's like either Saka or Pepe for the RW spot. In my mind they're quite different players. For me Saka is purely creative, he's a winger, whereas Pepe is more productive, he's a forward. I'd play both of them on either flank.
I do not care who plays LW or RW out of Pepe and saka , both are starters for now even though I am not biggest Pepe fan he is the best goalscorer out of the wide men for us and Saka is best creator out of the wide men and Auba should only play up top or not at all. And Laca is awful outside hold up play.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Worst match from him in an Arsenal shirt, needs time to recover from his Euro adventures, I think. Would drop him next match in favour of Martinelli. Surprisingly poor tracking back, which is something he used to be good at. Both goals came from the left.

mirrorstare

Hopefully just a bad day in the office and none of this losing his mojo or purple patch over. He looked, for the first time in a while, like a young prospect instead of a gamechanger.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

To me it looks like it’s reached the stage where his freshness and natural talent has finally been suffocated by the great leader KimTeta. We’ve all seen how six months of isolation ‘has absolutely destroyed Martinelli - Saka is now also lost to the leader.

ESR will be the same by Xmas. God help the kids. 🙏

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Just remembered this, as they rest of the game was terrible.

When Saka got his first touch of the ball today, didn't anyone hear the Chelsea fans booing him?

If one fanbase in the Premiership would back the racist twitter trolls, over Saka...it would be them!

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻

When Saka got his first touch of the ball today, didn't anyone hear the Chelsea fans booing him?

If one fanbase in the Premiership would back the racist twitter trolls, over Saka...it would be them!
I heard the booing. It wasn't persistent. I think he got applause and then the boos. It was weird.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny

Said in a few places here, its not limited to twitter. This is how a certain small percentage people feel, deep down, sitting at home. The missed penalties is just provided a conduit so they can express their feelings. Maybe it will die out in a few generations.

Was listening to Romesh Rangananthan podcast at the weekend. He said he made a small comment in support of BLM and someone sent him a message that they will find him and end his life. He looked up the person (to see if they could be friends he said 😝 ) and said it wasn't a right wing nutcase, just a regular guy,with family pictures on his accounts.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Worst player on the pitch yesterday, only want to see him on the right.
That was Martinelli. Worst CF performance I can remember in an Arsenal shirt if I am honest.

Saka was pretty brutal though, he's just not ready. Left or right wouldn't have made a difference.

Henry boi

That was Martinelli. Worst CF performance I can remember in an Arsenal shirt if I am honest.

Saka was pretty brutal though, he's just not ready. Left or right wouldn't have made a difference.
Martinalli was starved of service the whole game and was the only one really pressing. I can only think of that one time he was released by holding and couldn't take it on the half turn as the proper chance he got tbf

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚

He barely got touch of the ball (Martinelli). Surely hyperbole.

I don't agree that it doesn't matter if Saka is on the left or the right. He's a creative player and should be facing the play. He's delivered very good performances on the right both for us and for England and I think that is his position. It's a problem, because he and Pepe both are better on the right and I don't agree with others who think it doesn't matter about putting them on the left. They are both less effective on the left. Though I would put Pepe there before Saka, Pepe is more of a pure winger and dribbler and can cope better with the demands of being a traditional left footed left sided winger.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

He barely got touch of the ball (Martinelli). Surely hyperbole.

I don't agree that it doesn't matter if Saka is on the left or the right. He's a creative player and should be facing the play. He's delivered very good performances on the right both for us and for England and I think that is his position. It's a problem, because he and Pepe both are better on the right and I don't agree with others who think it doesn't matter about putting them on the left. They are both less effective on the left. Though I would put Pepe there before Saka, Pepe is more of a pure winger and dribbler and can cope better with the demands of being a traditional left footed left sided winger.
Was definitely hyperbole, I'm just not in a great mood this morning.

I hear your points, but I think in this particular match it doesn't make a difference. You guys said it yourself Martinelli didn't get the ball, that was the case for all of our front 4.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Was definitely hyperbole, I'm just not in a great mood this morning.

I hear your points, but I think in this particular match it doesn't make a difference. You guys said it yourself Martinelli didn't get the ball, that was the case for all of our front 4.
Indeed, Chelsea dominated us tactically and in terms of the control of the match. Saka could've been much better in a couple moments to turn the match but he is clearly lacking sharpness and spark (so I would agree with people saying he was the one to single out for poor performance yesterday). Pepe did well, his play to release Saka was quality and due to our lack of control of the game he didn't really have much other interesting situations to make an effect on the game.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
I don't personally understand why it's got to a point where it's like either Saka or Pepe for the RW spot. In my mind they're quite different players. For me Saka is purely creative, he's a winger, whereas Pepe is more productive, he's a forward. I'd play both of them on either flank.
Yeah but then you are just shifting the dilemma to ESR vs Ødegaard.

Think the idea of two attacking 8's is a very interesting one. I wanted to see Bissouma in for that reason, I think he's good enough defensively to work on his own behind say Saka and Ødegaard.

The cup matches this year are a good opportunity to experiment on tweaking the formation.

Just reminds everyone what a disgusting, racist club they are. Wouldn't want to be like them for anything, even with their success.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Yeah but then you are just shifting the dilemma to ESR vs Ødegaard.

Think the idea of two attacking 8's is a very interesting one. I wanted to see Bissouma in for that reason, I think he's good enough defensively to work on his own behind say Saka and Ødegaard.

The cup matches this year are a good opportunity to experiment on tweaking the formation.
That midfield would never get the ball into the final third. We struggled to construct attacks with Thomas as a 6 behind Smith Rowe and Ødegaard. With Bissouma I can't even imagine. If you want to play that formation you need top ball playing defenders, fullbacks who are good on the ball and good passers too, and a 6 who is a top distributor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom