<

Bukayo Saka: Little Chilli

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by oh to be a goon, Jun 6, 2020.

?

What #1 position would you use Saka for?

1. LB/LWB

2. LW

3. LCM

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. 14Henry

14Henry Well-Known Member

Thats Englands starting line up for the next few years.

Pickford/Henderson
    TAA
    Maguire
    Gomez
    Chillwell
    Rice
    Henderson
    Maddison/Grealish
    Sancho
    Kane
    Sterling

Which Arsenal players are going to get called out?

2. 14Henry

Didnt have a good international career. Walcott did better.

Riou likes this.
  3. Geofranco

Geofranco Well-Known Member

You trolling or somethin? Saka def has a bigger chance of making the LB position his own by 2021 on that team. Even AMN will get chances to play. You don't know how things will change in the next 3 years. Willock and Nelson could improve dramatically and get called up to the first team.

4. Geofranco

Wilshere never played in any major tournaments, but had a stretch of multiple MOTM performances for England.

5. Trilly

Trilly The John Sauce Of Ilford Trusted

Nah I think @Geofranco is closer to the truth here, well IMO anyway.

Every PL or even championship player can bring down every kind of pass in one-off moments. What sets aside players with a 'great touch' is how consistently they do it. Saka's control is above average for sure but he's no Iwobi. Iwobi's touch was up there with Özil Cazorla and Monreal.

Geofranco likes this.
  6. 14Henry

You think Saka starts for England next summer at left back? You think AMN starts ahead of TAA?

I am not trolling I am deadly serious. You said Arsenal players will get the blame for Englanda failings and I have presented you with the likely starting line up of the England team next year and there isnt one Arsenal player in it. Not even close to being one in it.

Artisan likes this.
  7. BigPoppaPump

BigPoppaPump Contrarian

This isn't the 2000s anymore, no one has expectations for England. The pressure isn't as high as it was back then.

8. Geofranco

9. pigge

pigge Wishes Wrestling Fans Liked Him

goat?

10. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

You can see the difference between him Martinelli to Nektiah Nelson willock. He always perform

11. El Granit-Coq

El Granit-Coq Well-Known Member

Out of the 3, Nelson seems like the only one who could turn into something.

Willock and Nketiah never sure what they bring tbh. Never understood why they are highly rated.

12. blaze_of_glory

blaze_of_glory Moderator Moderator

Getting used to this guy playing well game in and game out. He's becoming very decisive for us already.

Makavelii, ASIF and El Granit-Coq like this.
  13. Impact

Impact Well-Known Member

Perhaps rightly so, but our frustrations around our lack of activity has overshadowed what a good piece of business it was getting Saka signed up this summer.

Such an intelligent footballer and has the matching personality to impose his game in pressure moments.

An absolute gem and he's one of our own.

samshere and James Bond like this.
  14. Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility

Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility Not a Closet Spurs Fan

If we can't bring anyone else in, I'd like to see us try him in a more central role instead of wingback.

James Bond likes this.
  15. BigPoppaPump

BigPoppaPump Contrarian

Think he's already overtaken Wilshere as the Hale End GOAT.

DanDare, Oxeki, Makavelii and 3 others like this.
  16. GunnerShy

GunnerShy Well-Known Member

Yup. I'll whisper it, but he's probably a better LCM than Aouar. Just turned 19 playing in a defensively minded disfunctional Arsenal team. He's just going to keep getting better and better.

Think he'll score 5-10 for us on the PL this season if he's given enough Opportunity which. The way the window is going, he will have to be!

DanDare and BigPoppaPump like this.
  17. MutableEarth

MutableEarth Bloody awesome NSFW avatars Trusted

I have to say that I'm extremely excited at how good Saka could become. Watching back recent games, I've been incredibly impressed with his intelligence and diligent work on and off the ball - and I think it's that smart work that really separates him from the others so far. Everyone else still plays with a lack of conviction to a degree - the only other player this season who hasn't, surprisingly, was Nelson v Leicester but he has not been given another minute to build on that.

Either way, Saka has to be a mainstay in this team IMO, with some rotation. I feel his game has become so rounded that there's a real possibility that he can be a dominant presence in the team - and as someone who's seen him as a schoolboy balling for the U18s, I expected him to be an effective player but not THIS crucial!

razörist, Makavelii and lufere7 like this.
  18. Makavelii

Makavelii Well-Known Member

Willock and Nelson would have to improve very dramatically. Unlikely.

I agree that Saka can’t be far away from an England call up.

19. pigge

pigge Wishes Wrestling Fans Liked Him

This kid got David Alaba vibes with him being able to play several positions and deliver. Keep forgetting he just turned 19 last month.

20. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator