• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bukayo Saka: Little Chilli

Is Bukayo Saka...

• a GOOD inverted right-winger

Votes: 16 12.8%
  • a GREAT inverted right-winger

Votes: 43 34.4%
  • the GREATEST inverted right-winger

Votes: 66 52.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

The fact that our wings would have both atm if it were not for Wenger really hurts me. That's definitely among Wenger's biggest sins. If I were god he'd go to hell just for that.
Gnabry? Wenger wanted to keep him. In Gnabry’s own words “Arsenal wanted to keep me badly”. He correctly put his development and career first and we can only wish him well.

Wenger did his upmost to rehabilitate him and mend his confidence. Wenger built him, Gnabry knows this.

He wanted to leave and there was not much we could do (add Bayern shenanigans to the mix). You shouldn’t listen to twitter news.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Gnabry? Wenger wanted to keep him. In Gnabry’s own words “Arsenal wanted to keep me badly”. He correctly put his development and career first and we can only wish him well.

Wenger did his upmost to rehabilitate him and mend his confidence. Wenger built him, Gnabry knows this.

He wanted to leave and there was not much we could do (add Bayern shenanigans to the mix). You shouldn’t listen to twitter news.

I hate when people act like it was Arsenal’s fault he left. Gnabry left cos Bayern wanted him and regardless of where we sent him on loan or his progression at Arsenal he would have went there.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
The fact that our wings would have both atm if it were not for Wenger really hurts me. That's definitely among Wenger's biggest sins. If I were god he'd go to hell just for that.

To be fair once he got tapped up by Bayern and they did that shady arrangement with Bremen there wasn’t much we could do.

We also had Campbell, Ox, Iwobi, Walcott, Gnabry all competing for the non-Sanchez wide position.

Nobody could tell at that time that he would be the only one of them that became world class.

The development he’s made in Germany has been immense.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
The lad is a Rolls Royce, so silky when he's on the ball. Like a knife through butter. Really hope he can kick on this season. Pepe needs to up his game because Saka is going to bring him some serious heat for that Rwf position.

nick gould

The lad is a Rolls Royce, so silky when he's on the ball. Like a knife through butter. Really hope he can kick on this season. Pepe needs to up his game because Saka is going to bring him some serious heat for that Rwf position.

They can play in the same team. Saka can play very well on the left. His right foot is quite powerful you know.

Good call. How good is Amaechi? I believe he is very good at dribbling?

I think Amaechi is very talented. Just not long ago many thought he would be ahead of Saka for example. But I think with injuries in a key moment and his career choice of switching teams has not put him back and just not worked so far.

I always thought Saka was the better talent of the two and said so on multiple occasions!

WilshereGone

I’d like to see him develop physically. Improve stamina and hit the gym - he would be the perfect player.

Technically and his understanding is already there.
Honestly I think the only thing that stands out for improvement is his balance imo. Feel like I see him lose his feet easily quite a bit. Maybe that's just core work and hitting the gym as you say. But technically he's amazing and mentally he's even better. His decision making is probably my favourite part of his game.

Wryer

Extremely mature in his pass selection and deciding when to try a dribble or slow things down.

Where exactly is his best position? It's tempting to say midfield because of his awareness, but his size does work against him in that respect.

And I don't think he will become someone like Sterling who has a more direct game and a finisher.

Ifly_Gooner

Saka has the potential to be world class. His work ethic, calmness on the ball, dribbling are very strong and passing, vision are coming through with Arteta's coaching I believe. He must be integrated into the first team in any position Arteta deems fit.

To be fair once he got tapped up by Bayern and they did that shady arrangement with Bremen there wasn’t much we could do.

We also had Campbell, Ox, Iwobi, Walcott, Gnabry all competing for the non-Sanchez wide position.

Nobody could tell at that time that he would be the only one of them that became world class.

The development he’s made in Germany has been immense.
I have to respectfully disagree for the following reasons.
1. It was Wenger's fault to take him to useless loan spells like the WBA one.
2. I followed the kid in the U23 where I could easily see the kid would come good even with my very little football knowledge.
3. Campbell never convinced anyone and had a really low ceiling, Walcott wanted to play in the middle and was quite poor out wide on the technical side, While Ox and Iwobi prefered to be played centrally. Still, non of those players showed Gnabry's potential and some were very injury prone. The proper decision would have been to get rid of those that didn't show enough potential.

Pyres7

I actually thought Gnabry was underwhelming when he was playing for us. There was an occasional flash of brilliance but most of the time I didn't think much of him.

Completely different animal now though.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
I actually thought Gnabry was underwhelming when he was playing for us. There was an occasional flash of brilliance but most of the time I didn't think much of him.

Completely different animal now though.

He looked immense against Sp**s in that one FA cup game. But I don't really recall a lot of dominant performances here. He did have a long-term injury shortly after breaking through. That injury was the beginning of the end for him with his time here.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
Extremely mature in his pass selection and deciding when to try a dribble or slow things down.

Where exactly is his best position? It's tempting to say midfield because of his awareness, but his size does work against him in that respect.

And I don't think he will become someone like Sterling who has a more direct game and a finisher.

Isn't Santi like 5'5, he didn't really struggle playing in the middle for us. Guys like Bernado Silva and David Silva are like 5'7. Saka is 5'10 and doesn't have a small frame either. He just hasn't fully grown into his body. He can easily fill out and become more powerful.

GunnerShy

Correct, this is just a disgraceful rewriting of history. The disaster at West Brom is well documented, and the club has significantly changed the way we loan our players out now.

But the fact is he verbally agreed a new contract then was tapped up by Bayern Munich at the Olympics to back track and leave to Werder. He certainly has no ill will to Arsenal, I suspect he probably feels a little guilty although definitely wouldn't regret it!

To blame Wenger is A grade clown stuff. The villians are Bayern. They're pretty good at it too.

Gooner1988TK

Correct, this is just a disgraceful rewriting of history. The disaster at West Brom is well documented, and the club has significantly changed the way we loan our players out now.

But the fact is he verbally agreed a new contract then was tapped up by Bayern Munich at the Olympics to back track and leave to Werder. He certainly has no ill will to Arsenal, I suspect he probably feels a little guilty although definitely wouldn't regret it!

To blame Wenger is A grade clown stuff. The villians are Bayern. They're pretty good at it too.

Really? Last time I checked Nketiah was sent to Leeds with the intention of him being a starter which did not materialise and was a poor loan. Started just 2 of the 19 games he played, thus one of the reasons he was recalled early was because of the lack of development. No doubt some will still think it was a good move and a significant change of the way we loan players looooool. I wanna know how he was unable to lead the line in a championship team but he’s now leading ours often.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Play for the name on the front of the shirt and they’ll remember the name on the back.

Tony Adams

Latest posts

Top Bottom