• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bukayo Saka: Little Chilli

Is Bukayo Saka...

• a GOOD inverted right-winger

Votes: 16 12.8%
  • a GREAT inverted right-winger

Votes: 43 34.4%
  • the GREATEST inverted right-winger

Votes: 66 52.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
Maybe he just isn't a finisher. Giggs only scored like 1 in 9, Di Maria and Ribery have like 1 in 6. Saka isn't Mbappe, leave him be and let him do what he's good at without expecting him to be able to do everything really well.

He is still too young to make that sort of assertion. A guy like Rashford hit the ground running and was scoring consistently when he broke through at 18. He went through a dry spell afterwards and a couple of seasons of inconsistency, poor decision-making and generally selfish play. Saka may end up like Di Maria, but he can also end up like Sadio Mane. I believe he has the talent to become a capable finisher, he just needs more reps and composure. All those things come with experience.

akhil

He is still too young to make that sort of assertion. A guy like Rashford hit the ground running and was scoring consistently when he broke through at 18. He went through a dry spell afterwards and a couple of seasons of inconsistency, poor decision-making and generally selfish play. Saka may end up like Di Maria, but he can also end up like Sadio Mane. I believe he has the talent to become a capable finisher, he just needs more reps and composure. All those things come with experience.
Completely agree. People jumping to conclusions on a 19 year old. When he broke through people said he could be a good left back, now he's our starting right sided forward keeping out our record signing.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Think he'll never be a great finisher those are born with the talent. But he could do the sterling thing of getting into a lot of goal scoring positions and scoring tap ins.

TheIceman85

Think he'll never be a great finisher those are born with the talent. But he could do the sterling thing of getting into a lot of goal scoring positions and scoring tap ins.
I think finishing ability is something you can definitely learn. Some are born with it for sure, I remember when Anelka joined he was such a natural finisher at such a young age. But I think it’s fair to say Henry or van Persie didn’t come across as natural finishers when they first joined. By the time they left the club they were considered elite level finishers. Saka is young enough that, with the right coaching, he can develop in many different ways.

Geofranco

I think finishing ability is something you can definitely learn. Some are born with it for sure, I remember when Anelka joined he was such a natural finisher at such a young age. But I think it’s fair to say Henry or van Persie didn’t come across as natural finishers when they first joined. By the time they left the club they were considered elite level finishers. Saka is young enough that, with the right coaching, he can develop in many different ways.

I remember Van Persie used to always hit the post, but he had elite technique. Saka has decent shooting technique. That volley he scored against Wolves in 19/20 season was very nice. I think people will be lying if they say they thought Messi and Ronaldo would be scoring 50 goals in their prime years when they watched them play as teenagers. They were supremely talented, but did not show signs of elite finishing. Even Theo Walcott improved his finishing over the years. It's one of the areas that can be improved with more reps and experience, so long as the player has the right mentality and is actually talented. I think finishing is easier to improve than first touch and passing technique.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
For the next few seasons, I would be more than happy if he keeps his current level in everything he does. Even without elite finishing, he is still amazing on the ball, a very direct and hard working player. Every time he gets on the ball you expect something from him.

He will add more goals with time, that's a natural process for most top players, which he certainly is. I'd also say his goal tally is deflated because of the mess at the club.

GunnerShy

Not a natural finisher at this level but such a talented footballer that I fully expect him to become an very good/elite finisher in the next 2-3 years.

He wasn't great Thursday night but after an injury I was really pleased with the way he went past their players.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Not sure why he was risked today. He has looked for weeks like he was in the red red zone. Played well let's hope its nothing too serious but we needed him so much more for Thursday.
No options really ESR injured Ødegaard injured no auba Willian stinks.

mirrorstare

Was fun seeing him in a free role, not really lightning the place up but couple of good moments, linked up decently with Pepe and of course was part of that first goal.

Hope he's ok

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
He’s not playing against Prague. If he picked up even a tiny pull, that’s him gone for few weeks. If it’s a dead leg, he’ll be ok. But Mikel only said ‘thigh problem’... Videos of him walking like John Wayne onto the coach are hardly inspiring either 🤣

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
Saka's favourite person of the night. :love:

l750td8o5ms61.jpg

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I like that he is getting a little spiky now, like when he doesn't get calls from the ref or is fouled, that will add to his game if he channels it right...what a player.

Impact

Established Member
Incredibly intelligent footballer. Has excelled at LB, LW, LCM, RW, RB (brief cameo) and now #10/RCM for us. His IQ means his performance floor anywhere is quite high while his ceiling is huge. Arteta spoke some time ago about not necessarily knowing where his best position will end up being and I agree. Every time he plays a new position (bar RB) you get the impression that he could quite easily become a world top 10 player in that role over time. Fantastic talent and he is one of our own.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Incredibly intelligent footballer. Has excelled at LB, LW, LCM, RW, RB (brief cameo) and now #10/RCM for us. His IQ means his performance floor anywhere is quite high while his ceiling is huge. Arteta spoke some time ago about not necessarily knowing where his best position will end up being and I agree. Every time he plays a new position (bar RB) you get the impression that he could quite easily become a world top 10 player in that role over time. Fantastic talent and he is one of our own.
I settled on a central role about a year ago. In this era of wingers basically being strikers I'm not too sure if that's where he'll end up.

His skill set screams attacking midfielder to me. I don't really want him finishing off moves, I see him starting them. I look forward to seeing him under a top manager.

Geofranco

I settled on a central role about a year ago. In this era of wingers basically being strikers I'm not too sure if that's where he'll end up.

His skill set screams attacking midfielder to me. I don't really want him finishing off moves, I see him starting them. I look forward to seeing him under a top manager.

All of these guys can't end up as attacking mids though. Even Nelson looks best playing there. I guess it's the gift and curse of Wenger's love for wide-playmakers. Rosicky, Cazorla, Nasri, Hleb all sorta fit that mold. I still think Saka has a lot of goals in him, the technique is decent just needs more reps and experience. I also think he has potential to break Henry's assist record in the future. He has shown an aptitude for playing good low and high crosses, over the top balls and through-balls.

Geofranco

Some of his passing, lay offs and movement in between the lines...**** me. Just beautiful to watch.

He can be so slick at times. Sometimes his touch seems a bit off though. I legit believe if he had Iwobi's level of touch and footwork combo, he would very close to world class level already with all his other attributes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom