• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bukayo Saka: Little Chilli

Is Bukayo Saka...

• a GOOD inverted right-winger

Votes: 16 12.8%
  • a GREAT inverted right-winger

Votes: 43 34.4%
  • the GREATEST inverted right-winger

Votes: 66 52.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xln

Get me Jesus on the phone 📲
If Arteta gets sacked, i just hope Freddie comes in again for 1-2 months to push in another 2 of our youth. They seem to have more balls than our seniors

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Wow, he was great. Couldn't have used his chance better.

I would have thought that he might not even make a proper appearance (apart from 20 minutes from the end or so) over the others, but here we are, and now Southgate has to play him.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Ljungberg watching Saka get man of the match tonight...

f048ee70-2173-48be-b402-457eacf5198a_screenshot.jpg

baccy_man

Established Member
Pleased for Saka, he had a really positive affect on the team getting forward with the ball as often as he could,
He deserves to play more games on the performance that he put in tonight.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
And to think there are Arsenal fans who didn't want him to make the squad so he can get a rest.

This is what its all about, your player, making an impact on the biggest stage. I used to love watching Cole and Campbell for England.
This tournament and match experience will make him a better player for Arsenal as well. He's still learning every game and learning from different coaches; different pressure: different team mates... It's invaluable. Awesome to have an Arsenal player as man of the match tonight. Friends who support other premier league teams are all sitting up and taking notice now as well. Couldn't be more pleased for him.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

This tournament and match experience will make him a better player for Arsenal as well. He's still learning every game and learning from different coaches; different pressure: different team mates... It's invaluable. Awesome to have an Arsenal player as man of the match tonight. Friends who support other premier league teams are all sitting up and taking notice now as well. Couldn't be more pleased for him.
I'm just concerned for the amount of football he is playing. There's even the olympics....

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
What a player. The way he elegantly glides with the ball is just absolutely stunning to watch. Aesthetically it's one of the most beautiful ball carrying styles I can remember seeing, up there with Diaby (though different).

Here on our broadcast in Spain Morientes rightfully called him the man of the match.

It's a bit of a dilemma we have with him and Pepe. They are both best on the right. Saka is just so good at receiving under pressure and turning and pushing the team forward from that position, though, as he did on England's first goal and a number of other times during the match. Pepe on the other hand offers perhaps better end product than Bukayo does.

My gut feeling is that you just can't move Saka off of that position so it should be Pepe that should play on the left...but you do negate a bit of Pepe's ability in that position, both in cutting inside and shooting and also on the way he finds good positions in the box on cutbacks and crosses from there to score.

I wonder if the best decision would actually to be to sell Pepe, as he's a player that should receive a high fee, and putting his money toward a really top, expensive player like Camavinga, or Locatelli perhaps? (de Paul would've been perfect in this scenario, but oh well)

Another idea that occurs to me is buying more of an 8 like Aouar, and pairing him with Thomas and Saka in the middle against low block teams (the ball carrying through the middle between Aouar and Saka could really be a thing to watch), with Pepe on the right and ESR on the left. I actually quite like that idea.

Anyways, beautiful player Bukayo, looking forward to watching him again next season as he continues to develop and hope that we surround him with the quality of football he deserves.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Wikipedia, emphasis mine:

"On 4 September 2020, Saka made his debut for England U21s during a 6–0 victory away to Kosovo.

On 1 October 2020, Saka was called up to the England senior squad for the first time, and made his international debut as one of the starters in a 3–0 victory over Wales."

Now he is starting at the Euros and getting performing at Man of the Match levels.

What a rise. In just over 9 months time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom