• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bukayo Saka: Little Chilli

Is Bukayo Saka...

• a GOOD inverted right-winger

Votes: 16 12.8%
  • a GREAT inverted right-winger

Votes: 43 34.4%
  • the GREATEST inverted right-winger

Votes: 66 52.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
The newspapers should leave Saka's private life alone. It's no-ones business but his where he lives or how much his house is worth.

He's the sort of kid that should be being held up as a role model for young academy players in this country. Well educated, intelligent, humble, well spoken, polite....And a very good footballer of course.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I don’t get the negative angle… They’ve just reported that he’s alleged to have splashed out on a big house… This is par for the course when you become a star.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I don’t get the negative angle… They’ve just reported that he’s alleged to have splashed out on a big house… This is par for the course when you become a star.
Footballers houses have been robbed a lot in recent years. I'm pretty sure it would be better not to advertise the houses to even more potential robbers. This is not morally right.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Footballers houses have been robbed a lot in recent years. I'm pretty sure it would be better not to advertise the houses to even more potential robbers. This is not morally right.
Irresponsible if you look at it from that angle, yes. I was under the impression something more sinister was happening when I read about ‘middle aged white men’, as if jealously or racism was at play. It’s nonsense. Most footballers have this stuff written about them. It’s tabloid fodder and nothing more.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz

I think that it's more to do that they did a similar piece for Foden - said he bought a new house for his mum. Saka leaves his modest home to join the elites. On its own, it appears to be nothing since normal people aren't reading that site every day - those who do will develop a bit of a bias as they read from story to story compared to us who do a one off.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Ian Wright...Arsenal legend.

Bukayo Saka...Arsenal star.

But every time I see a video with Patrick Vieira in it, I can't focus on anything but him tbh...I can't believe we had him for 9 years at our club, I am so proud of that, honestly he's probably our best ever player...if you think you know what makes a great midfielder, but have never seen Paddy play, just watch any of his comps on YouTube...just elite at everything.

Alexs

Patrick was Wenger’s absolute master stroke. Along with TH14 the best Arsenal player I’ve watched, and the most influential (Brady comes 3rd for me).

The only downside was we had 4 years of will he, won’t he leave. And then he left. Totally irreplaceable despite Wenger being criticised for not doing so.

So funny to see him sat next to Roy Keane as a pundit. They hate each other.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
The only downside was we had 4 years of will he, won’t he leave.

You are always going to get that with a player as good as Vieira, tbh...as long as it doesn't affect the team's performance or the player's performance, then it's fine...and in those 4 years Arsenal won 2 league titles, 3 FA Cups and Vieira was voted in team of the year 3 times...so it's all good!

The only downside for me, was Patrick not getting to play for Real Madrid...he seemed to really want to play for them before his career ended, shame they undervalued him so much and he joined Juve instead (a year later)

Alexs

Yes I agree. We had it with Brady, Stapleton, Patrick, Cesc and many others. It’s always difficult to take though. As a fan you want to believe such great players love the club as much as you do.

I don’t begrudge any of them now but was gutted at the time. I don’t even begrudge RVP but it helps if they move abroad.

I guess that’s why O’Leary and Adams hold special places for me, although I don’t think Real Madrid were ever in for Tony.

Pyres7

You are always going to get that with a player as good as Vieira, tbh...as long as it doesn't affect the team's performance or the player's performance, then it's fine...and in those 4 years Arsenal won 2 league titles, 3 FA Cups and Vieira was voted in team of the year 3 times...so it's all good!

The only downside for me, was Patrick not getting to play for Real Madrid...he seemed to really want to play for them before his career ended, shame they undervalued him so much and he joined Juve instead (a year later)
Always got the feeling that Real wanted Vieira to play the Makelele role for them, which would have been a massive waste of his talents.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Patrick was Wenger’s absolute master stroke. Along with TH14 the best Arsenal player I’ve watched, and the most influential (Brady comes 3rd for me).

The only downside was we had 4 years of will he, won’t he leave. And then he left. Totally irreplaceable despite Wenger being criticised for not doing so.

So funny to see him sat next to Roy Keane as a pundit. They hate each other.
Not convinced they hated each other, even at the height of their rivalry always got the impression Keane had more respect for Vieira than some of his own team mates.

Alexs

Hatred and respect in equal measure I’d say. Hardly an unusual position for RK. I feel the same.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

@Juan Matas Beard @Tree Points @UnitedBeard :love:

Your boy Shaw knows quality. Respect to Shaw for honest praises while Saka has kept Rashford & Sancho on bench. ;)

"Shaw said: "Honestly, I love him. I would just love it if he was my child. I love him like that.

"I feel that you could ask anyone in the squad that and they would say the same thing, about what a good guy he is.

"I didn't know him before I came to the camp and I didn't know what he would be like but I've got on so well with him.

"I would love him to be my brother. He's so cool, he's so funny. He makes everyone laugh - and he doesn't meant it. He's not a loud person but the way he is and the way he speaks is so funny.

"Someone like that in the camp is good to have and he gets everyone laughing. We all love him and appreciate the way he is."

Shaw hailed Saka for his on-pitch performances as well, and has called on the winger to keep his displays at a high standard in the latter rounds.

The left-back added: "He's unbelievable - and he's still only 19. That's a scary thing.

"He takes everything in his stride and he's not fazed by anything. When he's come in, he's been brilliant so far.

"I keep telling him that hopefully he keeps it up and he keeps impressing everyone.""

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

@Juan Matas Beard @Tree Points @UnitedBeard :love:

Your boy Shaw knows quality. Respect to Shaw for honest praises while Saka has kept Rashford & Sancho on bench. ;)

"Shaw said: "Honestly, I love him. I would just love it if he was my child. I love him like that.

"I feel that you could ask anyone in the squad that and they would say the same thing, about what a good guy he is.

"I didn't know him before I came to the camp and I didn't know what he would be like but I've got on so well with him.

"I would love him to be my brother. He's so cool, he's so funny. He makes everyone laugh - and he doesn't meant it. He's not a loud person but the way he is and the way he speaks is so funny.

"Someone like that in the camp is good to have and he gets everyone laughing. We all love him and appreciate the way he is."

Shaw hailed Saka for his on-pitch performances as well, and has called on the winger to keep his displays at a high standard in the latter rounds.

The left-back added: "He's unbelievable - and he's still only 19. That's a scary thing.

"He takes everything in his stride and he's not fazed by anything. When he's come in, he's been brilliant so far.

"I keep telling him that hopefully he keeps it up and he keeps impressing everyone.""

Honestly, he's so likable and he's won me over which is so hard for a player that's not my own. I know @BigPoppaPump thought this was condescending from Shaw but his intentions were honest and good, I've honestly never heard Shaw speak this positively about any of our own except for Juan Mata.

Characters like Saka in the dressing room are equally as important as the Keane's and Vieira's. Saka seems like a very intelligent, well-spoken guy as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom