• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bukayo Saka: Little Chilli

Is Bukayo Saka...

• a GOOD inverted right-winger

Votes: 16 12.8%
  • a GREAT inverted right-winger

Votes: 43 34.4%
  • the GREATEST inverted right-winger

Votes: 66 52.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

oh to be a goon

hmvj1jbq0.jpeg

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I'm intrigued by what kind of role he's gonna play in this coming season. My guess is he will continue to be used in the diverse way that Arteta has used him since becoming head coach. I actually think he'll play more games in midfield this season, IF we go for a 433. Would be nice to see him get more games at LW again. Either way, he'll be of interest now that he's a known quantity.

sdotzdot

Established Member
I reckon he will have a bit of a quieter season, won’t start as many games but loads off the bench. Valuable experience for him regardless.

That isn’t necessarily bad, he’s so young and just signed a contract and although he was fantastic last season we need to be weary of overestimating and burning him out. Slower the pace the more rewards long term.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
He’s gonna be a squadie for the most of the season and rightly so. We can’t afford to ruin this kid’s future like this club did with so many talented youngsters. All I want is for him to ball out in the Europa league and cup games in midfield. Apparently, he’s been tried out as a 10 in training and I would love to see that in action against some fodder.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
He’ll be even better this season, no doubt about it. We’ll see outstanding performances far more often and more goals and assists. There’s no going backwards with him, he’ll kick on again. 8 goals, 9 assists in the league, so a peak Ryan Giggs return expected.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Hope to see him used more centrally next season. I guess Willian kinda makes sense if these two are going to occupy the same roles next season (LW & AM)

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Hope to see him used more centrally next season. I guess Willian kinda makes sense if these two are going to occupy the same roles next season (LW & AM)
Apparently they went with this in training and they like the idea. Such is his intelligence he seems to be adapting really well in this regard.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Here's a post I made over 2 years ago regarding Saka :lol:

I was thinking they would move him to CM because of his physique and all action style but he's pretty firmly a wide player. LW, LB and RW is a good group of positions for him. Reckon him and Amaechi will be U23 starters by November. Well, Amaechi is already a starter now.

Not a bad prediction in the end. He's now played all 4 of those positions.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

So many quality young players in our team right now, but this is the main man out of that group.

So glad the contract got sorted!
Always thought it would be Reiss Nelson or something. Not as good a scout as Mutable.

Saka has the confidence though clocked that from the moment I saw him.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Always thought it would be Reiss Nelson or something. Not as good a scout as Mutable.

Saka has the confidence though clocked that from the moment I saw him.
To be fair, I thought (still think) it could be Reiss. Saka has that resilience that made me believe he would make it without much fuss but Nelson at his best is the most talented one. The last 2 years have been difficult for him because of how little he has played and he's lost a lot of confidence - doesn't even look like the same player at times. That said, I have no doubt he'll be a fixture if he gets starts to get his groove back. Saka will be a star regardless.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Why do people want him to play central? He's one of our most effective players out wide so I'd like him to stay there.
Most importantly, hes got all the tools
There was a vacancy before Willian
He's one of our own and I personally would like to see him take centre stage, I think he can do it.

As long as he plays I don't really care though, certain players are above whatever position they get put in to and this lad is one of them.

Pyres7

Most importantly, hes got all the tools
There was a vacancy before Willian
He's one of our own and I personally would like to see him take centre stage, I think he can do it.

As long as he plays I don't really care though, certain players are above whatever position they get put in to and this lad is one of them.
Oh I don't doubt that he could do it, but he was probably our most dangerous wide player last season (apart from Auba for different reasons) so I thought it would make more sense to let him build on that.

You're right though, he's gonna be a beast wherever he plays.

REWB

If we are smart we will convert him into a fullback like alphonso davies. He has the skillset for it. Not sure if Saka passing and link up play is good enough to be a consistent top player higher up the pitch. I believe he has the potential to be only a very good forward player but A world class fullback if we train him into that direct.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom