• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bukayo Saka: Little Chilli

Is Bukayo Saka...

• a GOOD inverted right-winger

Votes: 16 12.8%
  • a GREAT inverted right-winger

Votes: 43 34.4%
  • the GREATEST inverted right-winger

Votes: 66 52.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
He’s clearly best in that RW position, but I think he’d be an absolute monster as an 8 in a midfield three.

We could have had him and Musah in the same team, makes me physically sick.

Musah is so physically developed already. Even more than Saka. He is bigger and faster. I think they play him on the wings in Valencia, but he definitely will be midfielder in his prime. Has everything both physically and technically to be a devastating CM. Just needs some refinement and to gain more experience.

Harz

Did he himself say anything about where he prefers to play?

The amount of talent we bled out of the academy in the past few years is terrible. I'm a firm believer that Saka would also be missed out on if our left backs were fit.

Iceman10

Established Member
Don’t know if this is a big deal, could be if a repeat pattern forms more as time goes on, but I do wonder about some silliness creeping in about Saka being clinical with chances to add to goal count when we are ahead to finish off matches. The manager definitely should not point to this, Saka has taken so much load in carrying the team this season, and I blame it all more on the selection of the player on the other flank, for example it should have been Pepe instead of Willian, to help with overall goal scoring and goal count.

Willian has two assists lately but they have been pretty basic assists with the goal scorers doing most of the work. When Pepe runs at opposition defences set up with “low block” they are really off balance because they know the risk of conceding penalties. Having Pepe on the other flank would relieve some over-reliance on Saka. Starting to really run out of patience with Mikel over some of his starting XI decisions.

Last edited:

MikeVinna

Established Member
Don’t know if this is a big deal, could be if a repeat pattern forms more as time goes on, but I do wonder about some silliness creeping in about Saka being clinical with chances to add to goal count when we are ahead to finish off matches. The manager definitely should not point to this, Saka has taken so much load in carrying the team this season, and I blame it all more on the selection of the player on the other flank, for example it should have been Pepe instead of Willian, to help with overall goal scoring and goal count.

Willian has two assists lately but they have been pretty basic assists with the goal scorers doing most of the work. When Pepe runs at opposition defences set up with “low block” they are really off balance because they know the risk of conceding penalties. Having Pepe on the other flank would relieve some over-reliance on Saka. Starting to really run out of patience with Mikel over some of his starting XI decisions.

Same here. For any other manager Pepe would probably be a guaranteed starter on that left side by now. Arteta is, once again, trying to be too clever by persisting with Willian. Imagine if Pepe had played these games lately where he’s been benched. I really believe he would have made a big impact in those games.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
He lost the ball 12 times apparently but I still love his game. He's exhausted but we can't afford to rest him as Arteta has benched Nelson who might be able to deputise. I think last season he buries those chances. It's fatigue and pressure and it's not fair on him.

Kav

Established Member
He’s clearly fatigued. His level of intensity has dropped over the last 10 games or so. He’s also still a youngster and we should expect inconsistent performances from him. The fact that he’s been so good is a testament to his qualities.

If managed properly he can be our best asset.

Harz

He’s clearly fatigued. His level of intensity has dropped over the last 10 games or so. He’s also still a youngster and we should expect inconsistent performances from him. The fact that he’s been so good is a testament to his qualities.

If managed properly he can be our best asset.
He already easily is our best asset. Won't be long before the bald **** tries to sign him up.

Harz

Yeah I bet we keep him up at night.
He does it all the time. It's not about us being a current threat. It's about: 1) ensuring we never actually become a threat, and 2) attaining a Bayern-like status where City can buy any player in the league if they so desire.

wolfkidultman

He does it all the time. It's not about us being a current threat. It's about: 1) ensuring we never actually become a threat, and 2) attaining a Bayern-like status where City can buy any player in the league if they so desire.

Stop talking rubbish. They buy top players wherever they come from. They buy from the Premier League as much as anyone else. If Pep decides to buy Saka then it’s because he’s a top player, not because he’s worried about where Arsenal might be in relation to Man City three years down the line.

Harz

Stop talking rubbish. They buy top players wherever they come from. They buy from the Premier League as much as anyone else. If Pep decides to buy Saka then it’s because he’s a top player, not because he’s worried about where Arsenal might be in relation to Man City three years down the line.
Right, except they signed Mahrez, Walker and Sterling from direct competition. They don't exclusively sign from PL rivals, but they make an effort to do so if possible. Saka is exactly the type of winger they're going to need soon, and they'll probably be asking if he continues to perform well.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
They can give us 150m if they ever want him in 2-3 years and if we still outside CL other than that they shouldn't bother.

wolfkidultman

Right, except they signed Mahrez, Walker and Sterling from direct competition. They don't exclusively sign from PL rivals, but they make an effort to do so if possible. Saka is exactly the type of winger they're going to need soon, and they'll probably be asking if he continues to perform well.

Real stretch considering Leicester and Sp**s as direct competition. In that case Chelsea and Man United have done the same with Chilwell, Kante and Maguire. If you have the means to sign highly performing players then they you do it, even more so if they’re homegrown. These are greater benefits than any tinfoil hat argument about doing so to weaken competition. Top clubs sign top players.

Harz

Real stretch considering Leicester and Sp**s as direct competition. In that case Chelsea and Man United have done the same with Chilwell, Kante and Maguire. If you have the means to sign highly performing players then they you do it, even more so if they’re homegrown. These are greater benefits than any tinfoil hat argument about doing so to weaken competition. Top clubs sign top players.
Kante is more or less a similar transfer, but Chilwell and Maguire had nothing to do with winning the league. Sp**s are competition, whether you accept it or not.

Of course they sign top players, but if they have to decide between two top players, they go for the one in the league. Pep always does this.

wolfkidultman

Kante is more or less a similar transfer, but Chilwell and Maguire had nothing to do with winning the league. Sp**s are competition, whether you accept it or not.

Of course they sign top players, but if they have to decide between two top players, they go for the one in the league. Pep always does this.

Completely unfounded nonsense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom