• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bukayo Saka: Little Chilli

Is Bukayo Saka...

• a GOOD inverted right-winger

Votes: 16 12.8%
  • a GREAT inverted right-winger

Votes: 43 34.4%
  • the GREATEST inverted right-winger

Votes: 66 52.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
XAdz4YMi

@Trilly huge call...

Hm nah i'd put Foden above Saka, he has an aesthetic quality that Saka doesn't quite have, plus he's showing a bit more finishing. There might not be a huge gap between them though, if Saka was playing at City he'd be getting way more attention.

Tsl

Foden has been handled way better than Saka tbf. Saka has been overplayed in months now, and you can see that in his recent performences. Unlike Guardiola, Arteta doesn't have the luxury of having world class players on the bench, which has forced him to use Saka that much. Foden is obviously speciel, but I dont think he's a bigger talent than Saka.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

What's his best position?
LCM > LW > LB/RW

I just don't think he's an inverted winger, his game isn't about cutting in onto his stronger foot and playing reverse balls/scoring curlers. The inverted winger role is for goal scorers imo, Saka will chip in but he's more of an enabler.

I would love to see him starting in central areas but drifting out wide, he's good enough of a defender and smart enough to not be a liability as a no8. Remember Di Maria playing central winger at Real? I think Saka could be the best version of himself in that role. He'll be alright anywhere though.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
LCM > LW > LB/RW

I just don't think he's an inverted winger, his game isn't about cutting in onto his stronger foot and playing reverse balls/scoring curlers. The inverted winger role is for goal scorers imo, Saka will chip in but he's more of an enabler.

I would love to see him starting in central areas but drifting out wide, he's good enough of a defender and smart enough to not be a liability as a no8. Remember Di Maria playing central winger at Real? I think Saka could be the best version of himself in that role. He'll be alright anywhere though.

I Would like to see Partey as a 6, with Saka and ESR as 8s in a 4-3-3...feel Bukayo would do well in that role.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
LCM > LW > LB/RW

Good points, equally possibly LW in a 4-4-2? Kind of what Lemar does, or what Giggs used to do. But yeah you're right, he's not a goal scorer.

Also Saka at RW deprives us of Pepe cutting in and shooting on his left foot, which is sort of the best and only thing he offers the team.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Grealish Auba Pepe
Saka​

Next season I’m hearing​

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service
Saka's been unbelievable on the right at times but he hasn't been playing particularly well for a while now, even against West Brom I'd say he was very good but a little wasteful. I think when he's at his best it's the way he can protect the ball with his body and his end product which makes him elite. The Foden comparison is interesting because I think Saka's the slightly more mature player but Foden's more able atm. Who knows how the player will develop though, a lot can change. I personally think ESR is much closer to this level than people realise, people seem to go on about how important moving the ball quickly and tempo is but when someone comes along who does it consistently they just ignore them in favour of individual fire works.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

I Would like to see Partey as a 6, with Saka and ESR as 8s in a 4-3-3...feel Bukayo would do well in that role.
We would have to press and defend very well as a unit but that's basically what City do when they line up with a midfield of Rodri/Fernandinho plus two attacking mids.

So lightweight on paper but they harry you as soon as they lose the ball which means they either win it back or give others time to drop into shape. Sounds easy on paper but idk how Pep does it, it has nothing to do with the quality of the attackers either, just coaching, positioning and work-rate.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
LCM > LW > LB/RW

Here's an idea, play a narrow 4-4-2/4-2-2-2 with Saka on the left and ESR/Buendia on the right, Partey/Bissouma 2 man midfield, overlapping fullbacks for width and two strikers, maybe Auba plus a target man, or Auba plus Pepe.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Here's an idea, play a narrow 4-4-2/4-2-2-2 with Saka on the left and ESR/Buendia on the right, Partey/Bissouma 2 man midfield, overlapping fullbacks for width and two strikers, maybe Auba plus a target man, or Auba plus Pepe.
Love it. I sound like a broken record right now but with the mish-mash of players we have there is a solution for at least top 6 level football in our current squad.

We just need the right guy at the helm.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
Good points, equally possibly LW in a 4-4-2? Kind of what Lemar does, or what Giggs used to do. But yeah you're right, he's not a goal scorer.

Also Saka at RW deprives us of Pepe cutting in and shooting on his left foot, which is sort of the best and only thing he offers the team.

I think Saka is a bit too young to make statements like he is not a goal scorer. Salah and Mane were not doing anything special at 19.

Saka needs to improve his one v one finishing, more about composure, but his shooting technique is actually decent.

I def think he has 15+ goals in all competitions in his prime, plus if we get more creative midfield play and a better manager, he has the talent to break Henry's assist record too. His movement is already so good, he usually makes the right decisions.

The only thing I have been iffy about him is the first touch. A little inconsistent with it and sometimes not as agile on the turn as I would like.

Those are the two main flaws I see in his game for now. Plus if Pepe's only ability is cutting in and shooting, then we have to get someone more well-rounded. We have too many limited players on the team.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Seems like we just chucked him at RWB last night for the sake of getting him in the team. Offered nothing really from there and I wouldn't expect him too. His versatility is a great attribute but let's not go over the top by playing him everywhere.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Was poor last night. Him and ESR have been over used, over relied on, and played in far too many positions. They’ve carried this team and Arteta on their young shoulders for too long.

Talent like this needs nurturing not burning out.

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
Seems like we just chucked him at RWB last night for the sake of getting him in the team. Offered nothing really from there and I wouldn't expect him too. His versatility is a great attribute but let's not go over the top by playing him everywhere.
We won so it won`t be talked about much but playing him as a right wing back was an awful idea. In a game which we controlled and where the wing backs spent most of their time attacking maybe but it was obvious that we would have to defend deep and it seemed to be Artetas plan as well. Saka played all game as a regular RB and was obviously very uncomfortable, which was always going to be the case with his body shape and things like that completely different.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

We won so it won`t be talked about much but playing him as a right wing back was an awful idea. In a game which we controlled and where the wing backs spent most of their time attacking maybe but it was obvious that we would have to defend deep and it seemed to be Artetas plan as well. Saka played all game as a regular RB and was obviously very uncomfortable, which was always going to be the case with his body shape and things like that completely different.
Yeah and given that we had three RB's on the bench it makes it even more baffling. Saka just wasn't in the game at all and I don't blame him for that. I'd have been glad to give Saka a rest for this one but if he had to play he should've played either LWB or the position Ødegaard was occupying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom