• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bukayo Saka (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

baccy_man

Established Member
I Remember there was a lot of talk about Saka, leaving before he signed his current contract so I would not be too worried at the moment and I doubt that Arsenal, are going to let him go without making some kind of decent offer to keep him.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
He’s in a strong position. I wouldn’t accept anything less than £30 per hour and 7 weeks annual leave (can carry it over too, none of this ‘use it or you lose it’ bollocks) if I was in his position. **** ‘em!

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
We're actually not in a great position here, two years left on the contract isn't much. Time to sort this out.
I don't think we're in that weak a position yet - he's on a really low salary atm (relatively) so he's going to want to secure a proper life changing contract, rather than try and see it out. 2.5 years is still a long time in football, it wouldn't be worth the risk on an injury. Plus he's in an ideal position with his career at Arsenal right now. There's a risk he leaves but I think it's more likely be gets a release clause into a long term contract if he's thinking like that (which is still probably unlikely)

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
We're actually not in a great position here, two years left on the contract isn't much. Time to sort this out.

Maybe I’m mad but I feel like fending off Pool shouldn’t be too difficult? Like we should be able to convince him we’re on the same track they were, even if it doesn’t transpire. Like how long does Klopp stay there anyway, once he leaves they drop off. And it’s not like he’s a young star in a dead squad, he can see the rising tide around him with ESR, Ødegaard etc.

If City go for him that’s different, cos nothing Arsenal do can ever compete with them, it’s guaranteed PL titles.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Maybe I’m mad but I feel like fending off Pool shouldn’t be too difficult? Like we should be able to convince him we’re on the same track they were, even if it doesn’t transpire. Like how long does Klopp stay there anyway, once he leaves they drop off. And it’s not like he’s a young star in a dead squad, he can see the rising tide around him with ESR, Ødegaard etc.

If City go for him that’s different, cos nothing Arsenal do can ever compete with them, it’s guaranteed PL titles.

Similar vibes to Sterling forcing his move to City imo.

We have to finish this season really strongly.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
Should have already extended his contract but Saka loves the club so I think he stays if the offer is good enough. What Arsenal shouldn't do is try to low-ball him and make him upset.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Reckon Castles had to smoke a cigarette after writing this.

Probably ****** himself silly after he looked at the traction it pulled.

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
Hope we don't wait till when he has 1 year on his contract. He's a very saleable asset, and if we can get 80m for him then that goes a long way towards replacing him.
The last person the club bought to play RW cost 72m and Saka is at least twice the player in comparison, so no 80m doesn’t go a long way towards replacing him lol:

samshere

Why so serieuse?
The last person the club bought to play RW cost 72m and Saka is at least twice the player in comparison, so no 80m doesn’t go a long way towards replacing him lol:
We overpaid for Pepe. Come this summer Saka will have 2 years left on his contract. If we don't get him to extend, then I'll be very surprised if we get more than 80m for him.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

do you lot reckon 90k would do it? Nearly double his reported salary.
I think his agent will drag this out as long as possible. If I recall correctly, it was a bit of a mess last time. It will probably be worse now.

All the more reason to get the old codgers off the books. Ideally, we ship out Auba, and don't renew Laca. We'll probably need significant wages for a new striker as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom