• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bukayo Saka: Saka The Net

Is Saka a world class player?

• Yes definitely

Votes: 50 37.3%
  • Close, he’ll get there soon

Votes: 66 49.3%
  • No no at all

Votes: 18 13.4%

• Total voters

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Gave Rose + Denis a runaround today, definitely a good performance unlucky not to get a goal or an assist. Looks like hes adjusting to everyone trying to foul him whenever he has the ball

TinFish

This guy, although not being the standout in each game plays with great consistency. He plays very maturely, and not like his age at all. A nailed on starter for me. The guy seems to be really comfortable and with that his confidence and go about nature of the game is improving.

The kid is clear of Sancho

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
Just a matter of time before the goals and assists start flowing for him. This guy has played so much football recently for club and country and gotten a lot of experience and is still only 20.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
I'll be honest, i love this kid, but i have doubts. I don't doubt he will be a very good player, but i doubt he has that x factor to take Arsenal back to the CL and competing for the PL. If that is where we want to be, the front three at the moment doesn't offer enough.

Geofranco

I'll be honest, i love this kid, but i have doubts. I don't doubt he will be a very good player, but i doubt he has that x factor to take Arsenal back to the CL and competing for the PL. If that is where we want to be, the front three at the moment doesn't offer enough.

Saka will be world class in his prime for sure. For now, he is the least of the teams worries. I thought the x factor was meant to be coming from expensive signings like Auba, Laca and Pepe? Those guys are not good enough, cause if they were, the team would legit be competing for the league, especially with one more talented CM who is better than Sambi, Xhaka and AMN.

Bloodbather

Established Member

I think it depends on his physical development and his shooting technique, mainly. He still looks very slight on the pitch, I think putting on some muscle will help him be able to push people off more easily and open up his game. Improvement of his shooting technique will determine whether he can be someone who can produce 10+ goals in a season.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
I think it depends on his physical development and his shooting technique, mainly. He still looks very slight on the pitch, I think putting on some muscle will help him be able to push people off more easily and open up his game. Improvement of his shooting technique will determine whether he can be someone who can produce 10+ goals in a season.
I actually think he’s physically great. It’s not easy to shrug him off the ball. My issue is his end product and of late, work rate. Like I said, he is good now and will be a very good player, but will he become what Arsenal need? I’m not sure. If you could have Raphinha RW, or Saka, who do you pick?

Henry boi

When he's on it he's a joy to watch, I like that he has effective tricks too. Only thing missing is the final product at the moment but I'm not taking anyone over him in the league.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Have this strong hunch that Smith-Rowe's current good form and accolades will act to spur Saka on to the next level of his game. Although they are not in direct competition for places, there will be that competitive edge around the two of them as Hale Enders. Saka (for now) has been overtaken by ESR but wouldn't be at all surprised to see his form and numbers pick up significantly either in the back end of this season, or next season.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
He floats with the ball. He can go left or right. Also, his crossing is a real weapon. Watching him bend his foot around the ball is just exciting. I <3 this lad so much.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Watford was one of his better games this campaign.
I know they are young but said last season that we needed the numbers from our attacking player to be better if . ESR has really stepped up to the mark, Hopefully Saks can do the same.
I think he is capable of getting a decent ratio of goals/assists.

Geofranco

Watford was one of his better games this campaign.
I know they are young but said last season that we needed the numbers from our attacking player to be better if . ESR has really stepped up to the mark, Hopefully Saks can do the same.
I think he is capable of getting a decent ratio of goals/assists.

Players also have to convert the chances he creates. The guy could have had 4 assists against Watford. Saka has led the team in total assists since he broke-through into the first team plus wins a lot of penalties and fouls in dangerous areas. This talk of Saka not having end product is dumb. There are more ways to affect a team that scoring goals. Sadio Mane and Mo Salah were not clinical players at Saka's age. He still has a lot of time to improve his finishing. Wenger did say it was until a player was 23 before you know what you really have.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Players also have to convert the chances he creates. The guy could have had 4 assists against Watford. Saka has led the team in total assists since he broke-through into the first team plus wins a lot of penalties and fouls in dangerous areas. This talk of Saka not having end product is dumb. There are more ways to affect a team that scoring goals. Sadio Mane and Mo Salah were not clinical players at Saka's age. He still has a lot of time to improve his finishing. Wenger did say it was until a player was 23 before you know what you really have.
Yes I agree & have always said combined goals/assists when it comes to numbers.
I am just saying that i think Arteta has put the gauntlet down to ESR, Saks & Ode to get better numbers this season. At the end of the day its his job on the line
I know the Wenger 23 thing & yes that is why people need to be more understanding with both players & manager imho as they are learning but should improve as they gain more experience.

Bloodbather

Established Member

I actually think he’s physically great. It’s not easy to shrug him off the ball. My issue is his end product and of late, work rate. Like I said, he is good now and will be a very good player, but will he become what Arsenal need? I’m not sure. If you could have Raphinha RW, or Saka, who do you pick?
I think that's because he has good balance, though. Adding strength could make him more potent.

As for the choice between Raphinha and Saka, I think Raphinha is the better player at the moment because of his end product but Saka has the higher upside because of his football intelligence.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I think that's because he has good balance, though. Adding strength could make him more potent.

As for the choice between Raphinha and Saka, I think Raphinha is the better player at the moment because of his end product but Saka has the higher upside because of his football intelligence.
Saka has the better upside only looking that he is almost 5 years younger and is starting quality at Arsenal and almost England national team.

Raphinha was playing in Portugal many years at this point of his career. There is no contest, but yes, Raphinha currently has better end-product.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
There are facets of his game that are so advanced for his age. His decision making is excellent. He makes the correct decisions 9 times out of 10 whether he executes them correctly or not. He understands his own game.

There's something of Sterling about him physically. Not a heavyweight, short, but deceptive body strength and he knows how to use his body to shield the ball effectively.

For his age the numbers he's putting up are fine but he's going to push on in that respect with age and experience I've no doubt. A bit more composure with his finishing with come.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

There's something of Sterling about him physically. Not a heavyweight, short, but deceptive body strength and he knows how to use his body to shield the ball effectively.
Sterling is 170 cm and Saka is 178 cm. Are you Dutch if 178 cm is short?

In football for a winger, 178 cm is never "short".

Top Bottom