• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bukayo Saka: Saka The Net

Is Saka a world class player?

• Yes definitely

Votes: 50 37.3%
  • Close, he’ll get there soon

Votes: 66 49.3%
  • No no at all

Votes: 18 13.4%

• Total voters

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service
It’s all the same people who won’t shut up about media narratives who seem to be effected and impacted most by them
I couldn’t give a **** what the media say about bukayo unless they start a hate campaign, the fact is that he seems a decent bloke and is an absolute monster on the pitch

All hail Bukayo!!

samspade

Also, the way he recovered from the pen miss to take pens for Arsenal as well as they nuts he showed to grab his England place with both hands and stave off competition from darlings the media and public have been baying for like foden shows he’s more than just a little boy whatever anyone thinks about him.

He’s just elite, proves people wrong over and over, and he believes in himself

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

The Office Lol GIF by NETFLIX

That part killed me 🤣🤣🤣🤣

@Nacho moving lethal 😭

samspade

What an absolutely ridiculous thing to say. You from UK?

In any case Saka was one of the 3 black players who missed the pen and got abuse, only one of them got cards and sympathy (to my knowledge, they might has all gotten card murals).

This could be because Saka is really good at football compared to the other two, has a cute demeanour or is at a more family orientated club, could be a bunch of reasons, but its a stark contrast to Rashford who got his mural defaced.

The issues people are getting at with the infantilisation of Saka and Kante in particular compared to Rashford and Sancho known for wearing flashy chains or drinking magnums inbetween games goes over the heads of a lot of you on here. Evidence by the "what the hell is the problem" responses found on here.
Are you saying the media are trying sanitise him to make him more acceptable to back because they’re racist or something? Or overreacting with good vibes because they’re overcompensating for racism? Or something else entirely?

I agree it’s a problem, and there’s a whiff of racism surrounding reactions to flashy black men, but it’s difficult to know what do about it other than give each other time to integrate properly and try to discuss it openly and honestly.

If we’re worried about saka being a *****, I don’t see that at all. Blokes a natural at handling the limelight, pressure, bouncing back etc. even if he doesn’t do flashy things, I think he’s a ballsy bloke, his playstyle reinforces that for me.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

These kind of subtle subtle things are rarely understood on A-M, that it happens to be in the Saka thread makes it even more difficult as people think it’s agenda based.

If you don’t get it you don’t get it, I wouldn’t even bother going into what you’ve just touched on here.

Yeah starting to realise there's no point, I don't know if folks think it's an attack on Saka because it's absolutely not, the opposite.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
These kind of subtle subtle things are rarely understood on A-M, that it happens to be in the Saka thread makes it even more difficult as people think it’s agenda based.

If you don’t get it you don’t get it, I wouldn’t even bother going into what you’ve just touched on here.
You guys are overthinking it. I don't think the media is painting saka this way in an attempt to subliminally reform you. They're just pigeonholing him into whatever category they think they can monetise the best.

On the level of ordinary people Saka is like a 6 out of 10 in the 'good boy' stakes. As a footballer he's a 9. He is 'marketable' as a good boy. Maddison is marketable as a 'bad boy'. I think that's all there is to it.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

You guys are overthinking it. I don't think the media is painting saka this way in an attempt to subliminally reform you. They're just pigeonholing him into whatever category they think they can monetise the best.

On the level of ordinary people Saka is like a 6 out of 10 in the 'good boy' stakes. As a footballer he's a 9. He is 'marketable' as a good boy. Maddison is marketable as a 'bad boy'. I think that's all there is to it.

Do you think I am a bad boy poster or a good boy poster?

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
If you’re a “be like him/her” kinda parent then sure :lol:

Saka isn’t the only way you have to carry yourself as a pro athlete, but if that’s really him (which I think it is) then more power to him.
Hey then tell your kids not to follow Saka's style. You can tell them to be a fashionista like Bellerin or a bad boy like Sancho, so long as they are happy. Y'all are reaching hard as ****.

Geofranco

Nothing subtle or deep about it. Everybody with a brain understands media manipulation. Unless y'all believe it's sinister and they are setting Saka up for failure in the future. I don't see the problem of being portrayed as the good, smart, hardworking lad that every father would want his daughter to date. Disney channel branding is going to make him more marketable and family friendly.

db10_therza

Trusted ⭐

Idk what’s happening here. We’re so starved of Arsenal right now we’re literally inventing agendas 😭😭

Geofranco

Some of it feels downright patronising from the media, and I always thought the same about Kante too. It's like this is the way yous should behave, don't get too high on yourself. Like Nacho said, show any individuality at all and you'll be torn down.
Players only get torn to shreds when they start underperforming. Media are going to twist the narrative in any way that creates a good story and people talking, whether it's positive or negative. If Saka underperforms, especially as he gets older it's gonna be that he just doesn't have that killer in him. Just like with Beckham it was that he went too Hollywood. Hell, they even did it with Bellerin. It's the vegan diet and his modeling lol. Or maybe it was just the injuries that zapped his incredible athleticism which was the reason he looked like a top prospect/talent when he broke through.

samspade

Idk what’s happening here. We’re so starved of Arsenal right now we’re literally inventing agendas 😭😭
Sometimes I think certain other posters think it’s their duty to society to try to isolate bits of conversation that are contentious among arsenal fans (maybe things that show some bias) and just sit in that zone, debating over minute differences day and night

Ofc there’s people like me who like to supplement their serious discussion with a little helping of trolling too

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Some of it feels downright patronising from the media, and I always thought the same about Kante too. It's like this is the way yous should behave, don't get too high on yourself. Like Nacho said, show any individuality at all and you'll be torn down.

Top posting this. Have to play ball with the media or they won’t churn out this sh*te PR patter

db10_therza

Trusted ⭐

Sometimes I think certain other posters think it’s their duty to society to try to isolate bits of conversation that are contentious among arsenal fans (maybe things that show some bias) and just sit in that zone, debating over minute differences day and night

Ofc there’s people like me who like to supplement their serious discussion with a little helping of trolling too
I might need a recap. As it stands now I think the media has an evil agenda to portray saka as wholesome, guys that like saka have an agenda to use his baby face as a weapon if his performances go south, the haters have an agenda to extrapolate his baby face to “on the pitch moisture” (?) and Kante is not a good example of anything.

Tbf I think there’s elements of truth to all of these but idk if it’s discussion worthy. I mean I miss Arsenal too but…

Entropics

Established Member

The emasculation of Bukayo Saka by the media is definitely a thing, nobody here is prepared for that kind of discussion though. It's no wonder it goes way over the heads of most people.

db10_therza

Trusted ⭐

The emasculation of Bukayo Saka by the media is definitely a thing, nobody here is prepared for that kind of discussion though. It's no wonder it goes way over the heads of most people.
I have enormous issues with this statement. “Emasculation”??! Coz being a good person surely can’t be reconciled with being masculine? Careful where you set that can of worms down…

Entropics

Established Member

I have enormous issues with this statement. “Emasculation”??! Coz being a good person surely can’t be reconciled with being masculine? Careful where you set that can of worms down…

Go back to infantilization then or whatever term for identity removal works out for you

I agree with you anyway, almost nothing about it relates to football.

If you want more conspiracies, this whole thing seems like an attempt to avoid discussion of his subpar world cup performances. Go back a couple of pages and is a moderator on Snack Media's payroll who started this debate.

Arsenal Quotes

"Surely what will be their last attack.

A good ball by Dixon, finding Smith for Thomas, charging through the midfield... It's up for grabs now! Thomas! Right at the end!

What an unbelievable climax to the League season"

Brian Moore on the Thomas' winning goal at Anfield in 1989

Latest posts

Top Bottom