• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bukayo Saka: Saka The Net

Is Saka a world class player?

• Yes definitely

Votes: 48 40.0%
  • Close, he’ll get there soon

Votes: 58 48.3%
  • No no at all

Votes: 14 11.7%

• Total voters

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Open your eyes. He's not the only one who looks poor. Nearly the whole team look poor tbf.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
There's always been fan speculation to whether we could use him in midfield similar to Silva/De Bruyne, think he has had a couple of games against Brighton and Sheff Utd there and looked bright. Whether that happens long term I'm not sure.

His ability to play a number of positions may hinder him in the long run. I like him on the left as I think he's better dribbling towards the byline on that side and it also keeps Pepe on the right. Tbh I still think he's looked his most dangerous at LB for us. He was the big focal point of the team from there, similar to Tierney now, but I genuinely think he was better at it.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
His future is in CM, just not enough end product for a forward player. Needs to add goals and assists if he’s gonna be a RW.
Said after he basically made the assist for the team's only goal.

Even if it wasn't effectively the assist move, that was the action that unbalanced the defence and made the opportunity, Saka on the half-turn creating the chance as we've seen so many times before.

Like with Iniesta, these players are not reflected as much in the numbers, and unless you are watching them often people struggle to quantify their importance (Iniesta remains one of those players whose brilliance we all agree upon but finding ways to reflect it in statistics eludes is a bit).

Saka is fine where he is. Saka + an end product winger and striker is the perfect balance. That's precisely what we have in Pepe and Auba.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Said after he basically made the assist for the team's only goal.

Even if it wasn't effectively the assist move, that was the action that unbalanced the defence and made the opportunity, Saka on the half-turn creating the chance as we've seen so many times before.

Like with Iniesta, these players are not reflected as much in the numbers, and unless you are watching them often people struggle to quantify their importance (Iniesta remains one of those players whose brilliance we all agree upon but finding ways to reflect it in statistics eludes is a bit).

Saka is fine where he is. Saka + an end product winger and striker is the perfect balance. That's precisely what we have in Pepe and Auba.
I agree and those skills would benefit us more and suit him more if he played deeper. Saka with 4 players in front that can score and assist makes the most sense. Also he’s great at tackling and winning the ball back also both Saka and Partey can receive passes from the GK and CBs and have us in the final third.

blrgooner

Established Member
Don't understand the criticism actually. He had a poor first half but was probably our best player in the second half. I think he had 4 key passes yesterday. He was had a key involvement in the goal..
There is absolutely nothing wrong with Saka. He will get numbers too if we are able to play decent football behind him. It's not a coincidence that he looked much better after partey came on

Ciscoo

His future is in CM, just not enough end product for a forward player. Needs to add goals and assists if he’s gonna be a RW.

I’ve thought for a while we need another winger. If they play up top with Auba and Pepe, end product isn’t enough though. They need to be much less limited on the ball.

That player won’t be easy to find. Until then, we need Saka/ESR wide more than in midfield.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

I’ve thought for a while we need another winger. If they play up top with Auba and Pepe, end product isn’t enough though. They need to be much less limited on the ball.

That player won’t be easy to find. Until then, we need Saka/ESR wide more than in midfield.

Last summer, I was banging on about the need for a winger but I wanted more of an Allan Saint-Maximin on the other wing as teams would probably double up on him like they do at Newcastle now which will free up space for other players.

Ciscoo

Last summer, I was banging on about the need for a winger but I wanted more of an Allan Saint-Maximin on the other wing as teams would probably double up on him like they do at Newcastle now which will free up space for other players.
We could do a lot with ASM. Sancho would’ve been perfect.

Pop Tart

Established Member
Should of been benched at the end of last season when he came into poor form and should be benched now.

Won't happen though as Saka is the media darling and everyone likes him as he comes across such a nice guy.
At least we found the new scapegoat for you this term. Well done

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
At least we found the new scapegoat for you this term. Well done

I like Saka and and rate him highly, but his standard peformances dropped in the final third of last season and his peformances so this season apart from the WBA match have been poor. I don't believe Saka should be viewed as an automatic starter in current form and I'd like to see ESR start ahead of Saka against Burnley.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
I dont think he had a great game yesterday but he still had moments and looked dangerous.
The problem we have is getting enough goals.
The downside of young players at times is they are not always gonna produce 'numbers'
For us to have a really good season, Saka, ESR, Ode all have to be getting goals/assists. You certainly need more experienced players such as pepe & your main striker to be hitting very good numbers.

The thing is we dont know if Saka, ESR & Ode are capable of it just yet.
This has little to do with the coach tbf. Its mainly down to the players. Im sure they are all working on their finishing in training

The reason Man U transformed was fernandes coming in getting crazy numbers.

We need all our young players to up their number. a breakout season from one of them would be great.

I do think Saka is more than capable of a decent numbers and will develop that side of his game..

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
With our squad, i think we can switch to 4-3-3 with Saka - Partey - Ødegaard. I always think LCM is the best place for Saka

I gotta shout out my man @razörist here. He made an interesting comparison. The way Di Maria was used in Madrid’s La Decima season, in a 4-3-3 is how we could use Saka. I think his potential in that role is huge.

Around the 70th minute yesterday we went to a 4-3-3 with a midfield of Partey - ESR - Ødegaard. Ødegaard and Saka would interchange and we started playing some free flowing football. With the likes of Saka and ESR getting into promising positions.

Uncle Mikel said he eventually wants us to play in a 4-3-3 shape. I think now we have more players suited to a 4-3-3 midfield than a 4-2-3-1.

LG10

Saka was fine besides end product yesterday. He’s much better on rw, pepe will be benched soon based on the stinkers he’s had so far.

The posting in this thread is an embarrassment, you lots heads are gone :lol:

Latest posts+

Top Bottom