• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bukayo Saka: Saka The Net

Is Saka a world class player?

• Yes definitely

Votes: 48 40.0%
  • Close, he’ll get there soon

Votes: 58 48.3%
  • No no at all

Votes: 14 11.7%

• Total voters

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
He is dangerous as ever on the half turn and like last week, that created the situation for the goal.

He looks like he needs to level up a bit in terms of his choice of pass. Hopefully work on the training pitch sorts that out.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Nowhere near his best game but he does impact how we play. He looks exhausted and ideally, I'd rest him midweek and after spuds.

blrgooner

Established Member
The team setup now is ideal for him. He is often finding himself in central areas with opposition players pressing him leading to fouls and when the opposition defenders stay back, he has multiple passing options and chances to shoot.Burnley was a bad game for him but I am sure he will improve on that and produce good numbers this season.

scytheavatar

Established Member
The team setup now is ideal for him. He is often finding himself in central areas with opposition players pressing him leading to fouls and when the opposition defenders stay back, he has multiple passing options and chances to shoot.Burnley was a bad game for him but I am sure he will improve on that and produce good numbers this season.

Team setup now is ideal for Ødegaard, and guys like Saka and ESR are being sacrificed for it. They are both being pushed aside for Ødegaard to take control.

blrgooner

Established Member
Team setup now is ideal for Ødegaard, and guys like Saka and ESR are being sacrificed for it. They are both being pushed aside for Ødegaard to take control.
Ødegaard is anyway the most important and best player in the attack. But Saka(and ESR) are definitely not pushed aside.
This team is finally ensuring that Saka can get involved in attacking positions rather than duel with opposition midfielders.
Both against Norwich and Burnley, Saka got into many dangerous positions. Look at the touch map of Saka and see the central positions near the opposition box he occupied. I think this position is where he is at his best.

1632122853043.png

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
Ødegaard is anyway the most important and best player in the attack. But Saka(and ESR) are definitely not pushed aside.
This team is finally ensuring that Saka can get involved in attacking positions rather than duel with opposition midfielders.
Both against Norwich and Burnley, Saka got into many dangerous positions. Look at the touch map of Saka and see the central positions near the opposition box he occupied. I think this position is where he is at his best.

View attachment 4680
Has he ever been good when he plays centrally though? He plays as an AM on the left when we play him and KT on that side and when we played that awful 343 last season he played there as well but starting from a wingback position. Same role in attack but different starting positions. He never really impressed playing there imo.

I feel like his best performances has come when he plays wide as traditional winger either on the left or right tbh. Think of his performances at wingback under Emery or at "LB" and RW under Arteta.

blrgooner

Established Member
Has he ever been good when he plays centrally though? He plays as an AM on the left when we play him and KT on that side and when we played that awful 343 last season he played there as well but starting from a wingback position. Same role in attack but different starting positions. He never really impressed playing there imo.

I feel like his best performances has come when he plays wide as traditional winger either on the left or right tbh. Think of his performances at wingback under Emery or at "LB" and RW under Arteta.
Well I think one of his best performances was against WBA last season when he played a lot centrally IIRC. In any case, his skillset is well utilized when we plays more centrally IMO. He plays on the half turn, makes the defenders commit to him and draws fouls. As i mentioned, both of our goals have come from Saka being in central position.

Gunners1616

He was poor but that's what you get when you are instructed to defend for 85 minutes of the game. People need to understand that it's not about Saka or Pepe or Auba, it's the way we play. You can't expect them to put so much defensive effort and still be sharp going forward. Arteta needs to fck off with this defensive approach and leave them to play their football

Yeah Saka and Pepe missing chances and missing simple passes and controls has nothing to do with Arteta and the system. Their football basics haven't been good enough.

Saka has been incredibly poor technically for a while now. His first touch and his finishing were scary at times. Even last season he missed few sitters so it's not only due to not creating chances.

He still has a lot to prove. It's not a surprise that we struggle to score with him and ESR who have yet to score more than 2 PL goal in a season... It's 5 for Saka. Obviously we don't play the most exciting football style but they have to find a way to score more.

We can't afford 2 starters who can't hardly score 5 PL goals in a season... I don't really care about their age since they are starters now.

Jack badmon

Yeah Saka and Pepe missing chances and missing simple passes and controls has nothing to do with Arteta and the system. Their football basics haven't been good enough.

Saka has been incredibly poor technically for a while now. His first touch and his finishing were scary at times. Even last season he missed few sitters so it's not only due to not creating chances.

He still has a lot to prove. It's not a surprise that we struggle to score with him and ESR who have yet to score more than 2 PL goal in a season... It's 5 for Saka. Obviously we don't play the most exciting football style but they have to find a way to score more.

We can't afford 2 starters who can't hardly score 5 PL goals in a season... I don't really care about their age since they are starters now.

Yet he’s balling out every time for England. I wonder what the difference is?

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Looks like he is over his small slump, got a little more of the ball today as well which is where he is best. Some great covering down the flank as well, not easy to keep those sprints going when you're 3-0 up and cramping.

LG10

Saka was fine besides end product yesterday. He’s much better on rw, pepe will be benched soon based on the stinkers he’s had so far.

The posting in this thread is an embarrassment, you lots heads are gone :lol:
So many w’s today

samshere

Why so serieuse?
The drop off that Saka suffers while being played on the left is lesser than what Pepe suffers, should go with that imo.

blaze_of_glory

Just such a player. It's unusual when he doesn't perform well at this point. The composure to keep going and slot that goal away like that is awesome to see.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Just such a player. It's unusual when he doesn't perform well at this point. The composure to keep going and slot that goal away like that is awesome to see.
The scary thing is that he's not even up to speed yet what with the Euros and all.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom