• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bukayo Saka: Saka The Net

Is Saka a world class player?

• Yes definitely

Votes: 49 38.3%
  • Close, he’ll get there soon

Votes: 63 49.2%
  • No no at all

Votes: 16 12.5%

• Total voters

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

He didn't say he would give him for free or peanuts, obviously, we would look for good money for him, but it's fair to say with Vieira here his chances will be limited
"Need to sell" means more like we should sell him for like to get rid of him, which means not big money.

No we don't need to sell him, we need quality depth.

He just in his 2nd EPL season scored a goal per 192 minutes from the wing, and has the potential to play midfield later.

D

Deleted member 102404

Getting difficult.
If he won’t sign then sell for big money.
We simply can’t afford contract holdouts in the squad running their contracts down.
Disappointed in Saka, he seemed Arsenal through and through, but maybe not?

D

Deleted member 102404

What is making you think he won't sign ?
Not sure he won’t, but we’re into the last two years now and he hasn’t.
It’s not a good sign and I do think it could get disruptive to plans.
Just had too much of these contract saga’s for a lifetime. Best to make a decision at 2 years imo and deal with it efficiently.
He is a brilliant player, but we can’t afford to be selling him on the cheap in Jan or next summer.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
He is my favorite youngster so it hurts me to say you are right about this
He is injury prone and does not have top class ceiling like RVP did. He is also young and English, think we can get a decent amount for him.

Geofranco

Why? He gives us goals and assists. You can’t have a squad of 11 players. And he is Arsenal inside out.
I believe his goal scoring was a purple patch. But I also never rated Aaron Ramsey. ESR is good, I just don't see star potential with him and he looks like one of those types that will always have nagging injury issues.

Geofranco

How stupid that would be without an amazing offer.

He has 4 years in contract with not big wages.

He is no Iwobi. We can sell him with 2 years in contract later if he doesn't fire up or keeps getting injured.

Weird to see this from a person who is active in the Academy threads, wtf.
I don't mean we should sell him immediately. But we should keep an eye out for offers in the next couple of years depending on his form. I think with his injuries and also limited ceiling, he would be the best candidate out of the current group to sell and get good money from the deal.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

ESR is the type of player Chelsea or Liverpool would sell for 30m and Arsenal fans would be all like 'omg how come we can't ever sell our players like them?'.
Esr is a good player and he provided a very good return. If he done that for Chelsea i don't think they'd be looking to sell him anytime soon. And if they did it would be for more than 30 million.

Issue with ESR is does he force himself into thw team and if he doesn't is he happy being a rotation player. If he is great if he isn't then move him on. Same with any player tbf.

On Saka i think he will sign a new contract. And it better he signs when we are on form. That's the mistake we made with Alexis not striking whilst the iron was hot. If we are in a good place come the WC just give him what's needed to get it over the line.

Geofranco

Getting difficult.
If he won’t sign then sell for big money.
We simply can’t afford contract holdouts in the squad running their contracts down.
Disappointed in Saka, he seemed Arsenal through and through, but maybe not?
He has to do what's best for him and his family. It's God first, family and then football. The young man has been arsenal player of the season the last two years and isn't even 21 yet. But a lot of fans still doubt him, I feel like Klopp would bring out the best in him. He would be a monster in that system.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Saw a stat that his recent non penalty goals numbers aren’t looking very good.

Needs a goal this evening.

Geofranco

Saw a stat that his non penalty goals aren’t looking very good.

Tbf he has never been a goal scorer even in the academy. Still think he can get you 15 goals in his prime in all competitions and like 10 assists, season in and season out. He has that type of raw talent and intelligence. With his dribbling, movement and other talented forwards to play off. Sterling is not a natural finisher, but playing with a lot of creative players and having elite movement made him very productive in the final third even with all the chances he misses.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Been saying for a while he’s not a natural finisher.

World class creator in the making but you can’t teach goalscoring imo.
I checked his numbers and 9NPG is okay for his age tbh, but I do remember the latter end of the season being quite bad.

If it wasn’t for those two late season penalties the numbers were looking quite bad. Can’t find a game by game log anywhere though.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
He didn't say he would give him for free or peanuts, obviously, we would look for good money for him, but it's fair to say with Vieira here his chances will be limited
They play different positions. Its like saying sell lokonga because we have holding

Makavelii

Saw a stat that his recent non penalty goals numbers aren’t looking very good.

What was the stat?
FBREF has has him at 0.27 non-PK goals per 90 mins last season. That's stellar for a 20 year old winger in the prem.

He also won as many penalty kicks as he scored (2 for 2), so they count.

Why are people talking about selling Saka in this thread? Madness.
I suspect he just has his agent in his ear playing hard ball for a better salary, shorter contract and perks.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I don't mean we should sell him immediately. But we should keep an eye out for offers in the next couple of years depending on his form. I think with his injuries and also limited ceiling, he would be the best candidate out of the current group to sell and get good money from the deal.
Okay sounded weird from you. "We need to sell him." is a very strong sentence.

Like I said, he is no Iwobi, but already in his 2nd season shows he can score well. Has end product, and no, I don't think it was only an purple patch.

But yeah his injuries are a worry so 1-2 years will tell us if he can do it.

He has versatility, and Arteta goes with 2 AMF's basically so he is a great depth player to have with his potential.

D

Deleted member 102404

He has to do what's best for him and his family. It's God first, family and then football. The young man has been arsenal player of the season the last two years and isn't even 21 yet. But a lot of fans still doubt him, I feel like Klopp would bring out the best in him. He would be a monster in that system.
Don’t now anyone who doubts his ability.
Financially he doesn’t need to leave Arsenal.
If he does leave it won’t be because of God or family.

Anders Harbo

Angry Scandinavian #6
I believe his goal scoring was a purple patch. But I also never rated Aaron Ramsey. ESR is good, I just don't see star potential with him and he looks like one of those types that will always have nagging injury issues.
He doesn’t need star potential to be an excellent player for us in years to come.

Top Bottom