• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bukayo Saka: Saka The Net

Is Saka a world class player?

• Yes definitely

Votes: 48 38.7%
  • Close, he’ll get there soon

Votes: 62 50.0%
  • No no at all

Votes: 14 11.3%

• Total voters

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I find some comfort in that he’s not firing on all cylinders just yet?

There are really strong performers elsewhere for now and the season is long so he will be needed later.

The comfort is mostly because even at his base non spectacular level he’s still a key player and facilitates good things on the pitch. All about patience with young Saka.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
I find some comfort in that he’s not firing on all cylinders just yet?

There are really strong performers elsewhere for now and the season is long so he will be needed later.

The comfort is mostly because even at his base non spectacular level he’s still a key player and facilities good things on the pitch. All about patience with young Saka.
The one thing we can always say of Saka though is that he never hides. I saw this with him even in the academy. He was one of the few Hale end prospects that wasn't soft. He had what they call the clutch gene. All the intangibles in spades. Would always step up and score, assist or win a penalty in the most important games. Elite mentality, good football IQ, above average technical ability, good movement, versatility and crossing ability where the reasons I knew he was gonna make it here. There were other Hale end players who looked smoother on the ball and even more technical, but they just didn't have the mentality and played soft when the going got tough. Chris Willock was a bit like that. Still one of my fav prospects, guy dribbled like Nasri, made it look so easy.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

The one thing we can always say of Saka though is that he never hides. I saw this with him even in the academy. He was one of the few Hale end prospects that wasn't soft. He had what they call the clutch gene.

Oh for sure. Listen, I don't know if he ever becomes the goal machine (or if he even needs to be) but when the chips are down out of everyone he's defo that guy.

I have high hopes for Jesus, but to date whenever we've needed someone when it's not going great it's always been him absolutely.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Think Zinchenko has actually been not the best for Saka. Has shifted weight of possession over to the left and he suffers from similar issues to Pepe when we were very left sided in the past

Different players obviously and Saka is way better so still looks good but we aren't getting the best out of him like we didn't get the best from Pepe

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Think Zinchenko has actually been not the best for Saka. Has shifted weight of possession over to the left and he suffers from similar issues to Pepe when we were very left sided in the past

Different players obviously and Saka is way better so still looks good but we aren't getting the best out of him like we didn't get the best from Pepe

Yeah, defo space for a more attacking full back on the team. Hopefully Cuffy can get that spot if he continues his development curve.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Sp**s were ****ting themselves any time he got the ball they sent 3 over to him ever time lmao. Lads the black Ribery.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Oh for sure. Listen, I don't know if he ever becomes the goal machine (or if he even needs to be) but when the chips are down out of everyone he's defo that guy.

I have high hopes for Jesus, but to date whenever we've needed someone when it's not going great it's always been him absolutely.
Word on the street is Pepe got dropped for nice btw.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
Yeah, defo space for a more attacking full back on the team. Hopefully Cuffy can get that spot if he continues his development curve.
Man if Cuffy puts it all together he'll be so dangerous as an attacking fullback. Him and Saka down that wing will be stuff of nightmares. Tomi and White are a bit too conservative. But gotta give white credit he has done pretty well this season.

TheGreatWright8

Player:Jesus
Man if Cuffy puts it all together he'll be so dangerous as an attacking fullback. Him and Saka down that wing will be stuff of nightmares. Tomi and White are a bit too conservative. But gotta give white credit he has done pretty well this season.
Is he the one at Rotterdam ?

Bucephalus

Also, as a team, we are so much better with Saliba and Ben White pushed to right back. I don't want to see Cedric again. But for Saka, Cedric's attacking (or, at least overlapping) abilities opened up space, which Ben doesn't really do. Saka seems a bit quiet this season. But either Ben will learn, or Saka will adjust, like he's done so many times already. I'm not even remotely concerned about him.

TinFish

Great player. But the White/Saka partnership is no where near as good as the Zinny/Martinelli on the left.

I've noticed our play skews to the left more when Zinny starts.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
I agree. I’ve made peace with the fact he’s not really going to skip past players and test the keeper regularly but his overall influence, ball progression and approach play is almost faultless. Just needs to tighten his touch and passing a tiny bit and that’s it really.

I don’t think people should expect lots of goals, that’s not his game.
My post about him not being a dribblar i
Åt the start of the season getting all downvotes funnily

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
I agree. I’ve made peace with the fact he’s not really going to skip past players and test the keeper regularly but his overall influence, ball progression and approach play is almost faultless. Just needs to tighten his touch and passing a tiny bit and that’s it really.

I don’t think people should expect lots of goals, that’s not his game.
I think knowing WHEN to skip past a player is extremely important. I don’t want to evoke his name to start a comparison, but I think that’s something Pepe struggled with. You need to know when to pick your battles. Recycling possession really helps us strangle the opposition. Saka didn’t really test Perisic that often, but if you remember the United game he was bullying Malacia from the start. Pepe would have tried to beat his fullback all the time and then lose the ball. Those breakdown in attacks can be **** for a team like us because we aren’t the best off the ball.

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Saka was refraining himself too much a bit in the first half. White not doing much overlap to help him, probably worry about Son might quick counter. In the 2nd half, Saka came out of his own shackle a bit and the result is Jesus scored. It’s funny watching tot players constantly doing double up when Saka’s on the ball. His ability to keep/play the ball while under pressure is impressive.

Top Bottom