• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bukayo Saka: Saka The Net

Is Saka a world class player?

• Yes definitely

Votes: 48 40.0%
  • Close, he’ll get there soon

Votes: 58 48.3%
  • No no at all

Votes: 14 11.7%

• Total voters

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I don't know why A-M always wants Saka to pull huge stats when we don't even create chances. Sterling is one of the worst finishers in the league, but he'll end up outscoring all our forwards because City create a boatload of chances. Even our striker who's one of the best CF in league is struggling to score 10 league goals ffs and yet A-M expect saka to put out great stats.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Technically, yes of course but Auba should still be backed to score a lot of goals throughout the season. It's the coaches job to build the team towards his strengths.

The likes of Saka and Smith-Rowe will improve productivity, I have no doubts. However, there needs to be a season of continued development and adaptation.
Auba should score goals if he gets chances. Ben White & KT may find him with long balls/crosses a midfielder may find him with a good pass its a team responsibility, Auba must work hard also. The young forward creative players like Saks, ESR & Ode need to assist him.

On Auba I do think he will score but was slightly concerned yesterday as when on a 1v1 he couldnt seem to outpace Grant Hanley.
Ode pressed like a madman Auba less so. Perhaps that was a directive but I do still wonder he has lost a bit of something from a physical perspective tbh?

Saka needs to chip in with assists & a few goals,

blrgooner

Established Member
I don't know why A-M always wants Saka to pull huge stats when we don't even create chances. Sterling is one of the worst finishers in the league, but he'll end up outscoring all our forwards because City create a boatload of chances. Even our striker who's one of the best CF in league is struggling to score 10 league goals ffs and yet A-M expect saka to put out great stats.
Exactly. Saka not getting numbers is in the context of a team which had low numbers in general. if we create more chances, Saka will get better numbers. I don`t think there is anything specifically wrong with him w.r.t getting stats. He should have already got atleast one assist against Norwich.

IstraBalagina

Aubameyang too. Ødegaard and ESR need to do more

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
think we will have him for a few years yet just because all the English big dogs seem pretty sacked other than Liverpool

guess maybe with their aging squad & short contracts on attackers could be an option but going to take a big fee for them

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Is he our prince that were promised? The one to lead us out of the blinding darkness? The one to show us the way by being our talisman and superstar? I do believe so, Clifton.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Smith-Rowe
Thought that was one of his worst performances for us. Nothing came off for him. 2nd half there was an easy ball through to auba to hit on the counter. I couldn't believe he couldn't put through.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Another poor peformance again. Drop Saka for the next couple of matches, it might do him some good.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Hasn't looked right this season but he's played a lot of football at a young age. I'm not expecting amazing performances from him every week either. He shouldn't be immune to being dropped.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Guy created our only 2 goals of the season, which are responsible for 6 points. Even when he is a bit under par, he still affects football matches. Sign of a top player.

Tom349

Get him and Tierney away from each other!

Looked far better when he was on the right but in general he needs to get his head in the game. It's passing him by at stages currently.

In saying that his ability to receive through the lines has resulted in our two goals so far this season but he has been uncharacteristically wasteful with the ball.

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
Thought that was one of his worst performances for us. Nothing came off for him. 2nd half there was an easy ball through to auba to hit on the counter. I couldn't believe he couldn't put through.
very little spaces, very defensive side.
he tried but it was hard for him to find a good position to create something, we were attacking with 5 people today.
He is the least of our problems.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
He needs a little break I think.

No matter how talented/mentally strong he is...missing the decisive pen in a final as a teen, can't be easy to deal with.

Feel he really needs to play on the right on the middle though, doesn't have that explosiveness in his game to play on the wing where he can't cut in.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Feels like Saka might be hitting a bit of burn out after his long summer with England.

Think it would be worth letting him sit out for a couple of weeks. Problem is an Arsenal side without a fit Saka in it just doesn't feel right. That's testament to the impact that he's made over the past few seasons.

But we've got to think about him long term and not overplay him. He's played a hell of a lot of first team football for a kid at his stage of development.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
That was always going to happen no matter how talented he is there is period when nothing coming for him he lose some form.

What he need to to do is keep working hard and his form will back

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
He was poor but that's what you get when you are instructed to defend for 85 minutes of the game. People need to understand that it's not about Saka or Pepe or Auba, it's the way we play. You can't expect them to put so much defensive effort and still be sharp going forward. Arteta needs to fck off with this defensive approach and leave them to play their football

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Needs some time on the bench. He is even screwing up the basics which isn't like him. I don't think the LW thing is a good enough excuse. I re-watched a comp of him against United under Emery and he played on the left and he was by far our best attacker that game. He is out of form and he needs some time on the bench. I really wish we signed Aouar as a Willian replacement but we didn't. I guess Martinelli needs to come in.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom