• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bukayo Saka: Saka The Net

Is Saka a world class player?

• Yes definitely

Votes: 48 38.7%
  • Close, he’ll get there soon

Votes: 62 50.0%
  • No no at all

Votes: 14 11.3%

• Total voters

Pyres7

Has Saka been withdrawn from the England squad yet? I thought maybe him going off was part of a plan to rest him.
I doubt he'll be withdrawn, he'll be desperate to play for England.

There's so much competition in those attacking positions that he'll want to go and impress again and keep his place in the team/squad.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I doubt he'll be withdrawn, he'll be desperate to play for England.

There's so much competition in those attacking positions that he'll want to go and impress again and keep his place in the team/squad.

Yeah I guess so. I suppose this weekend is just like playing another game for Arsenal anyway.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
That was a lovely pass from Foden and a top finish by Saka.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I watched the game and I gotta be honest, goal aside he didn't have that great of a game just being blunt about it, lost the ball needlessly a few times in the middle of the park and against better sides than Andorra it sets up a really good counter-attacking situation. It seemed pretty uncharacteristic of him, maybe it was just a bit of complacency given the opposition but I don't want to pretend his goal means he put in some clinic when it was far from the case.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
I watched the game and I gotta be honest, goal aside he didn't have that great of a game just being blunt about it, lost the ball needlessly a few times in the middle of the park and against better sides than Andorra it sets up a really good counter-attacking situation. It seemed pretty uncharacteristic of him, maybe it was just a bit of complacency given the opposition but I don't want to pretend his goal means he put in some clinic when it was far from the case.

He has been pretty loose with the ball recently. I always say the only thing that I am iffy about when it comes to Saka is his touch. It can be hit or miss, sometimes giving me Ramsey vibes. He progresses play much quicker than Ramsey, but really one of my pet peeves is players with sloppy touches and under hit or over hit passes.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Happy for Saka to keep putting up numbers.

But how isn't Ramsdale starting over Johnstone, ffs.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

He needs to improve his touch if he wants to keep up with Foden and Greenwood (it’s quite dodgy at times and is rarely mentioned however there are others in the squad routinely labelled as unable to trap a football but if I speak etc.). Early days but they’re starting to pull ahead in their development.

Well more Greenwood tbh because Foden doesn’t even really play like a young player anymore, kid is clear.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Tbf Johnstone has been consistently in the squad for a while now so this is probably a reward for him and a chance to show what he can do, and his superb assist is vindication. He's a decent keeper in fairness.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster

I think I posted about 6 times in the Ramsdale thread saying how he had overtaken Johnston... Well I cocked that right up. Still can't really believe it though. Johnston is decent enough, but with the noises Southgate was making, I assumed that Ramsdale would be a shoe in

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I think I posted about 6 times in the Ramsdale thread saying how he had overtaken Johnston... Well I cocked that right up. Still can't really believe it though. Johnston is decent enough, but with the noises Southgate was making, I assumed that Ramsdale would be a shoe in
Yeah, that's what I tried to warn about being too confident about it. Managers don't easily give a new squad member straight pass to starting over earlier squad members, unless the talent level is on a quite different level, or there are some other things affecting. This can affect the squad negatively.

Top Bottom