• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bukayo Saka: Saka The Net

Is Saka a world class player?

• Yes definitely

Votes: 48 38.7%
  • Close, he’ll get there soon

Votes: 62 50.0%
  • No no at all

Votes: 14 11.3%

• Total voters

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Saka just proves how impossible is to be effective on the RW for Arteta, you literally have to go past 2 players and score a screamer, that's how the setup works. The boy was smart enough to switch to the left and get us a W there.
People only see this for Saka unfortunately.

Credit to Saka for abandoning post briefly to break the deadlock anyways, to cap it off with the trademark Özil celebration as well was perfect.

Kav

Established Member
Saka just proves how impossible is to be effective on the RW for Arteta, you literally have to go past 2 players and score a screamer, that's how the setup works. The boy was smart enough to switch to the left and get us a W there.
All this discussion about our right side, does this mean we should be giving Pepe some slack since even the fan favorite Saka is having a hard time? Or do we only give consideration to young academy talents or only English players?

On another note, I’m pleased he’s taking things to another level with his finishing. I hope he keeps the confidence going. He has all the talent in the world to be a world class player.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
We've got to be careful with Saka.

Yeah, he's really important for us but he's played way too much first team football for his age. We're too reliant on him.

It worries me that by this mid / late twenties he'll be shot with injuries.

Agreed, I definitely think we need another winger that the manager can rely on (Arteta see's no future for Pepe). Ideally someone that can offer us what Saka does but from the left, would give us more variety.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

All this discussion about our right side, does this mean we should be giving Pepe some slack since even the fan favorite Saka is having a hard time?
Pepe is done, but anybody playing there should have been given the benefit of the doubt which isn't always afforded.

Under Arteta unless we get a play maker out there I am not sure how else it would work. Think Bernado Silva would work there for example.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Under Arteta unless we get a play maker out there I am not sure how else it would work. Think Bernado Silva would work there for example.
I don't think a playmaker would work there either simply because our RB is moving to a central area while the winger stays isolated on the right. Playmakers wide usually work better with FB's who are attacking space, which doesn't happen on the right side with us. It's also the case with left footed wingers on the right, they like to cut inside but it's hard as our RB is not making a run and taking one defender with him, so our right winger is always marked by 2, and Pepe really struggled with that.

The system was obviously copied from Man City, but the difference is that their 10 and 8 are making runs, and Xhaka, Sambi, and Ode will never do that. I think the only player who would make runs is ESR, but he will be shifted to the left so Ode can play. The more I think about Ode, the worse that whole deal looks.

Atm, we need a player with the dribbling ability of Saka and the shooting of Pepe :lol:

mirrorstares

People only see this for Saka unfortunately.

Credit to Saka for abandoning post briefly to break the deadlock anyways, to cap it off with the trademark Özil celebration as well was perfect.

He was getting called out for being ineffective before this match, needs to improve, not having a good season etc.

Granted it's tame compared to what Pepe gets, but it's there.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

He was getting called out for being ineffective before this match, needs to improve, not having a good season etc.

Granted it's tame compared to what Pepe gets, but it's there.
Was talking specifically about the difficulties whoever plays RW in Arteta’s system faces, not the form and etc.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Lovely goal and took charge if the game. Him, Tavares and Lokonga popping up all ever the pitch was a joy to see. I hope the injury isn't a bad one. Love him ❤

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Pepe is done, but anybody playing there should have been given the benefit of the doubt which isn't always afforded.

Everytime we mentioned it we were told that it was just another excuse being made. Smh, this place sometimes.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐

Yeh Saka is a bit more of an actual midfielder rather than a forward so he is more suited to holding the position down. Pepe should be considered an inside forward and therefore needs that overlapping RB.

Bloodbather

Established Member

All this discussion about our right side, does this mean we should be giving Pepe some slack since even the fan favorite Saka is having a hard time? Or do we only give consideration to young academy talents or only English players?
Some of us have been making that argument in defense of Pépé since his first season. It's actually worse for Pépé than Saka because Pépé is an inside forward, not a midfielder. He becomes completely useless when he's used to provide width on the wing.

The truth is, Pépé was better suited to Emery's tactics and Emery got sacked before Pépé could adapt to the PL. We ended up wasting 72 million pounds for nothing.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Some of us have been making that argument in defense of Pépé since his first season. It's actually worse for Pépé than Saka because Pépé is an inside forward, not a midfielder. He becomes completely useless when he's used to provide width on the wing.

The truth is, Pépé was better suited to Emery's tactics and Emery got sacked before Pépé could adapt to the PL. We ended up wasting 72 million pounds for nothing.
Hear me out, but I think the position behind the striker is the biggest problem facing us right now. Even more so than the striker and midfielder. What if we tried out Pepe as a 10/SS?

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Hear me out, but I think the position behind the striker is the biggest problem facing us right now. Even more so than the striker and midfielder. What if we tried out Pepe as a 10/SS?
I think at this stage, it's worth a punt. Pepe rarely seems to link well but he has a good engine and if he can do what Laca does and gets shots on target as well, then who knows.

Kav

Established Member
Lacazette is the link but when ESR and Saka play they don’t play a lot of balls into Lacazette to form triangles. Ødegaard is capable of doing this but he and Lacazette are hardly on the pitch at the same time.

Our right side has suffered for years. The most production from that side came when Özil would play a through ball for Bellerin to run onto and then do a low cross or cut back for either Auba, Lacazette or Özil to tap in the net.

We don’t have that overlap or players doing the interplay on the right. Watching the football this season it doesn’t matter who plays the right (Saka, ESR, Pepe or Ødegaard) they all get double teamed and there is no overlap either. It’s clearly by design but the question must be asked is it worth it?

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
It's "The Arsenal Way" to focus most of our attacks down the left, Henry-Pires-Cole.

Good to see Mikel knows his history, but also good to know that Saka has enough quality to be a match winner on that side anyway.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom