• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bukayo Saka: Saka The Net

Is Saka a world class player?

• Yes definitely

Votes: 48 38.7%
  • Close, he’ll get there soon

Votes: 62 50.0%
  • No no at all

Votes: 14 11.3%

• Total voters

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

I've read a few articles online by the Sun saying that Saka is keen to move on from Arsenal now this season to City or Liverpool because he wants CL football & he can't get it with us next season at this stage, anyone know if there is any truth he's willing to leave now or whether the Sun has just made that stuff up?

If it's right he's willing to move on now, pretty disappointing by him, he shouldn't have a go at the rest of the club, he didn't show much enthusiasm against Newcastle & Tottenham matches. Eitherway, he's probably better off staying here for another year or 2, he won't get a consistent go starting at City & Liverpool with the players up front they've got already.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
I've read a few articles online by the Sun saying that Saka is keen to move on from Arsenal now this season to City or Liverpool because he wants CL football & he can't get it with us next season at this stage, anyone know if there is any truth he's willing to leave now or whether the Sun has just made that stuff up?

If it's right he's willing to move on now, pretty disappointing by him, he shouldn't have a go at the rest of the club, he didn't show much enthusiasm against Newcastle & Tottenham matches. Eitherway, he's probably better off staying here for another year or 2, he won't get a consistent go starting at City & Liverpool with the players up front they've got already.

It’s probably made up rubbish mate.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀

Big problem comes with the contract then. He's 2 years left. If he resigns that will be a long term contract. Maybe until 2027. Which won't be good for him if he thinks he might want to leave next year if we don't qualify for CL. His fee would be quite high ruling a lot of clubs out.

Maybe tying him down to 2026 with a decent increase in salary with the view of if we don't reach your goals in the next 1 or 2 years we won't stand in your way if a decent bid comes in. Not making it difficult for him.

A football career is too short to be waiting 3 or 4 years to play CL football and a lifetime to challenge for the league again.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
Says the guy who's losing brain cells every day.
200.gif

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

Big problem comes with the contract then. He's 2 years left. If he resigns that will be a long term contract. Maybe until 2027. Which won't be good for him if he thinks he might want to leave next year if we don't qualify for CL. His fee would be quite high ruling a lot of clubs out.

Maybe tying him down to 2026 with a decent increase in salary with the view of if we don't reach your goals in the next 1 or 2 years we won't stand in your way if a decent bid comes in. Not making it difficult for him.

A football career is too short to be waiting 3 or 4 years to play CL football and a lifetime to challenge for the league again.
Even if it's all right & he moves towards Liverpool or City just to play some CL I really doubt he'd get as many games as he'd think & hope. He'd probably just be on the bench & may not even get on for those 2 clubs every game.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Even if it's all right & he moves towards Liverpool or City just to play some CL I really doubt he'd get as many games as he'd think & hope. He'd probably just be on the bench & may not even get on for those 2 clubs every game.
Is 20 league games, and 15 Cup games for Liverpool better than 45 games for Arsenal?

Playing week in and week out and being a first name on the team sheet is overated. When a player retires they won't say well I played 40 games a season. They will say what they won.

There's very few players at City play every game. It doesn't mean they aren't happy.

Liverpool also have some rotation but to a lesser extent. The likes of Konate/Jota etc are much more happier with what has happened this season for them at Liverpool than playing every single minute at Wolves or Liepzig.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

O
Is 20 league games, and 15 Cup games for Liverpool better than 45 games for Arsenal?

Playing week in and week out and being a first name on the team sheet is overated. When a player retires they won't say well I played 40 games a season. They will say what they won.

There's very few players at City play every game. It doesn't mean they aren't happy.

Liverpool also have some rotation but to a lesser extent. The likes of Konate/Jota etc are much more happier with what has happened this season for them at Liverpool than playing every single minute at Wolves or Liepzig.
Ok well if your keen for him to move on then so be it, he's from our academy, I'd much rather him stay here for a number more years & help us for another year or 2 at least like how we've helped him over the years.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
O

Ok well if your keen for him to move on then so be it, he's from our academy, I'd much rather him stay here for a number more years & help us for another year or 2 at least like how we've helped him over the years.
Where did I say I was keen on that?

I'm simply saying this idea of playing every minute is overated and that playing 30 games for a title winning team is better than playing 45 games for a team that doesn't challenge.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

Where did I say I was keen on that?
Ok I apologise about that but still in saying that, wouldn't it be interesting if he ditches us all of a sudden to one of our rivals because we miss out on CL again. He's come up through our academy & made the English squad because & thanks to us. It would look rather bad if he ditches us after 1-2 years then hardly even gets a spot with them after all that.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Ok I apologise about that but still in saying that, wouldn't it be interesting if he ditches us all of a sudden to one of our rivals because we miss out on CL again. He's come up through our academy & made the English squad because & thanks to us. It would look rather bad if he ditches us after 1-2 years then hardly even gets a spot with them after all that.
Yes I agree there. Personally I think he will resign until 2026. He could stay until he's like 23 and if not with 2 years left start to look for a move.

I can't see him leaving this summer.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I wonder if his next contract would have a £100m clause like Grealish did.

He owes nobody nothing though, I don’t want to see that crap when the time comes.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

I can't see him leaving this summer.
We'd like to see & hope he gives us at least 1 more long term contract before he leaves if he does eventually. I'll understand if he does around 25 ( mid 20's) as long as we still aren't in the CL by then. Being at a much younger age early 20's is different to getting in your prime.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba

The only advantage to playing at Arsenal right now is that his path into the England squad is clearer as the main man here than getting less games at a Pool or City. I love this club but I would not advise any young player with ambition to stay here under this cretin of a manager if a bigger club with matching ambition is interested. Careers are short. Go and win as much as you can, don't gimp your trophy case trying to drag Arteta to trinkets.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom