• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bukayo Saka: Saka The Net

Is Saka a world class player?

• Yes definitely

Votes: 48 38.7%
  • Close, he’ll get there soon

Votes: 62 50.0%
  • No no at all

Votes: 14 11.3%

• Total voters

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
Top English clubs don’t put release clauses in contracts. What use is that? If your player blows up then you’re left absolutely naked and open to your English rivals robbing you.

Give the kid big money and a massive contract.

He’s not THAT good either. Look at the level Sterling was playing at when he was at Liverpool? Saka is nowhere near that.
Raheem's last season in Liverpool he had 14g/a in the EPL. He def was not next level compared to current Saka who had 18 g/a in a worse team. Even this current season, Raheem had 18 g/a in the EPL and never really stood out cause he has Foden, De Bryune, Mahrez, Silva to all bail him out. Really hope Saka leaves Arsenal, would be best for his career.

Geofranco

...tailed off a little at the end, but a brilliant season for Bukayp regardless.

Should at least be matching whoever is our current highest earner, if not passing them.
I hoped he would finish with 20g/a. Really disappointing how the season ended for him and the team. Not finishing top 4 was a big blow too many blown opportunities. Still have no faith in Arteta, Kroenkes and Edu.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Top English clubs don’t put release clauses in contracts. What use is that? If your player blows up then you’re left absolutely naked and open to your English rivals robbing you.

Give the kid big money and a massive contract.

He’s not THAT good either. Look at the level Sterling was playing at when he was at Liverpool? Saka is nowhere near that.
I agree with this but he has already blown up. 18 G+A for a 20 year old winger in the PL is absolutely elite. Grealish was posting similar numbers when City went for him last year. The reality is that the big clubs will already be looking seriously at him and there's a chance this extension is already too late.

FWIW I think we'll keep him and probably without a clause as well, but if that's what it takes to get him to sign then I've no problem with it, it's just an insurance clause for the player ultimately for if we don't push on.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Awful tonight, tbh.

Sell.

Riou

Yeah guys like Henry and Vieira were great technicians but absolute units.

Yeah...you sometimes forget that we probably had the most physically intimating team in England, for a while.

Arsenal really changed, a few years into the stadium switch :lol:

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Arsenal really changed, a few years into the stadium switch :lol:
I really struggled with this. It's been straight kids for well over a decade until Sanchez/Özil/Laca/Auba started coming though.

I had just wished we balanced it out OR like gone all out whilst Cesc & VP were here or when Özil and Sanchez were here.

Please don't turn it into a Cesc or VP wankfest btw guys kinda irks me how this forum goes on about them two more than the invincibles.

Riou

I really struggled with this. It's been straight kids for well over a decade until Sanchez/Özil/Laca/Auba started coming though.

I had just wished we balanced it out OR like gone all out whilst Cesc & VP were here or when Özil and Sanchez were here. Please don't turn it into a Cesc or VP wankfest btw guys kinda irks me how this forum goes on about them two more than the invincibles.

In 06-07, we still had a good amount of experienced players...but by 2009 we had one of the youngest teams in the league, was weird.

Maybe Arsène thought that was the best way to deal with the financial restrictions, while trying to compete with United and Chelsea back then.

Would have liked a better balance though, as you say...not surprised we started winning torphies again, only when our team bought players in their prime again.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Maybe Arsène thought that was the best way to deal with the financial restrictions, while trying to compete with United and Chelsea back then.
Arsène missed a trick here and there in terms of value in the market or certain inexpensive players he could have bought the guy wasn't perfect, but he was largely right. I did buy into it for a while.

It's all we could have realistically done and I see that now.

Geofranco

The whole "you'd love your daughter to bring him home" thing comes across as so patronising. Reeks of "he's one of the good ones". Similar to the treatment Kante gets, it's a bit much.
Think you're reaching a bit. He is simply a young man that was raised right with good values. That's what happens when you come from a loving two parent African home. Respectful, considerate, but not a pushover or naive in anyway. It's actually when they try to act like he is just such a cute boy that is weird and patronizing.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

The whole "you'd love your daughter to bring him home" thing comes across as so patronising. Reeks of "he's one of the good ones". Similar to the treatment Kante gets, it's a bit much.
Bro I didn't want to say anything cause people would think I'm a hater - but yes.

Saka is still seen as a kid by many so it's not as bad as a peer saying that to him, but as a grown man that's not how you'd want to be described. It's how you'd describe Theo Walcott when he was here.

Top Bottom