• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bukayo Saka: Saka The Net

Is Saka a world class player?

• Yes definitely

Votes: 48 38.7%
  • Close, he’ll get there soon

Votes: 62 50.0%
  • No no at all

Votes: 14 11.3%

• Total voters

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Bit different but I remember a Beckham effigy with a noose round its neck after his sending off in 1998. Pearce, Waddle, Batty and Southgate are the last group to escape real hate after the penalty misses. Football fans can be quite scummy tbh.
That colombia player that got murdered remember that…

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
I get the feeling he’s producing despite of Mick, and I’m expecting a decline in his numbers next season.
I expect him to put up better numbers. Think Jesus will really connect well with him. I expect his assist totals to go up. We really need another LB to push Tierney and two more quality CMs to really compete.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
I expect him to put up better numbers. Think Jesus will really connect well with him. I expect his assist totals to go up. We really need another LB to push Tierney and two more quality CMs to really compete.
Yep, I expect him to take another step up this season. We need to protect his condition a lot more this season than we did last season. Almost ran him ragged out of desperation and we need to make sure he has a very long career.

Entropics

Established Member

Seems people only think he's not elite because he's not a great finisher, in a team where he didn't have to do virtually everything by himself I'm pretty sure he solves that problem.

He's elite, any team would love to have him.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
He's got another level in him. At the moment the only thing that's letting him down is his decision making, he gets himself in to fantastic positions (usually due to his own skill) but then shoots instead of a simple square or pass. I think it's sometimes a lack of trust of others.

We need to go up a level as a team for him to also raise his game.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

He's got another level in him. At the moment the only thing that's letting him down is his decision making, he gets himself in to fantastic positions (usually due to his own skill) but then shoots instead of a simple square or pass. I think it's sometimes a lack of trust of others.

We need to go up a level as a team for him to also raise his game.
He always had good decision making in the academy that was one of his best attributes. I believe it's more composure that's the issue. Things are moving at a much faster pace in first team level. Usually making quick assessments of things and executing with precision is what separates great players from average players. Hopefully with more experience and reps he improves this aspect of his game.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Need to be hearing some positive contract news soon, getting a little anxious...

1970*Gooner

Established Member

Player:Rice
Yep, I expect him to take another step up this season. We need to protect his condition a lot more this season than we did last season. Almost ran him ragged out of desperation and we need to make sure he has a very long career.
I agree he is still young, due to mismanagement he was run ragged, let's hope that's not the case this season he has the potential to be a very good player.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
One of the best players around.
Has it all and still so young.

Definitely doesn’t have it all - loads he can improve but a big talent.

Something to be mindful of though is the premium we attach to emerging players who exceed expectations at a young age.

It’s now expected of Saka to produce match winning performances and people will get on his back if he doesn’t.

What gives me hope more than anything that he’ll be fine is his character. I just hope he stays injury free because he has played a LOT of football already.

Top Bottom