• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bukayo Saka: Saka The Net

Is Saka a world class player?

• Yes definitely

Votes: 48 38.7%
  • Close, he’ll get there soon

Votes: 62 50.0%
  • No no at all

Votes: 14 11.3%

• Total voters

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Quite selfishly I hope he sits out England’s next few games. Twitter and the media at large are baying for Foden, and you just know if Saka were to have a poor game against Wales they will feed him to the wolves.

**** the media, I hope he sits it out and is well rested for us when the season restarts.

Why should it be at the expense of Saka? Foden doesn't even play on the right lol. Foden should be in for either Mount or Sterling.

bergholt

Why should it be at the expense of Saka? Foden doesn't even play on the right lol. Foden should be in for either Mount or Sterling.

Yeah but Saka playing is basically only negative from an Arsenal perspective. Risk of injury, risk that he performs well and pumps his value up, etc.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Yeah but Saka playing is basically only negative from an Arsenal perspective. Risk of injury, risk that he performs well and pumps his value up, etc.

Hmmmm, have you considered that Saka playing well in the WC is a bonus to the player himself from a confidence point of view? A Saka that has played well and is full of confidence from the WC has to be a positive for Arsenal.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Hmmmm, have you considered that Saka playing well in the WC is a bonus to the player himself from a confidence point of view? A Saka that has played well and is full of confidence from the WC has to be a positive for Arsenal.

Especially considering its unlikely England make the final, so he'll have had a good campaign and probably 2 weeks rest. Even if they do there's 8 days between the world cup final and the boxing day fixtures.

bergholt

Yeah true, I guess that's the positive side but I can see a lot of potential negatives

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Well played tonight...

FY68RDMXgAEqJL5.jpg:large

... wouldn't be shocked if he adds another trophy to his collection this World Cup!

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
He needs to smell the space in the box like he did for his goal. Something I’ve thought about his games for us too. Can only remember the game against Liverpool when he had the easy tap in.

There were a few opportunities to make a similar movement in the first half but he was hanging on the edge of the box rather than driving in when the ball got crossed in.

Playing really well and in a completely different class to the likes of Rashford and the other England options in his position.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

...too many people to "@" here!

baccy_man

Established Member
Bukayo, should get a lot more game time after Sterling, had to come home I hope that he is not going to be knackered when he gets back home to play for us.

blrgooner

Established Member
The current England formation which Southgate played suits him in terms of getting end product actually. Lots of technical quality on the left hand side with Foden and Bellingham with the running ability of Henderson on his side and Kane dropping back to create. He finds himself in dangerous areas and should get chances even against teams like France.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

This surprised me. Seems like Wenger wasn't that close to the academy and its young players. I took for granted that he would meet them in person at least a couple of times.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
This surprised me. Seems like Wenger wasn't that close to the academy and its young players. I took for granted that he would meet them in person at least a couple of times.

Also means that Wenger has totally cut off ties with Arsenal, not even having the time to give to Arsenals best player amongst the current lot.

avenellroad

John Radford’s son

I don’t think Wenger has been invited back at the club? Or maybe we have but he has turned it down? He does have a busy senior role with FIFA

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Also means that Wenger has totally cut off ties with Arsenal, not even having the time to give to Arsenals best player amongst the current lot.

I don’t think Wenger has been invited back at the club? Or maybe we have but he has turned it down? He does have a busy senior role with FIFA
My point was more about how disconnected he must have been from the academy, while still managing the club, that he didn't get to meet Saka. Or am I reading Saka's comment incorrectly?

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
My point was more about how disconnected he must have been from the academy, while still managing the club, that he didn't get to meet Saka. Or am I reading Saka's comment incorrectly?

I doubt most managers do, especially with a player as young as Saka at the time. I mean I don't think Saka was in the under 23s when Wenger was still the coach because of his age.

Managing and coaching the 25 players you have is enough responsibility as it is.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom