• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bukayo Saka: Saka The Net

Is Saka a world class player?

• Yes definitely

Votes: 48 38.7%
  • Close, he’ll get there soon

Votes: 62 50.0%
  • No no at all

Votes: 14 11.3%

• Total voters

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Plenty of athletes are nice and humble off of the field and killers on it. It's not like this is a violent sport where you need screws loose to be good at it like the other football and/or combat sports. You can tell Saka is a killer during games.

I'm pretty certain Wenger said that of Suarez, that he's a fantastic person off the field but once he steps over the white line he turns into a killer.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
The reason why it matters is because people make Saka into this teddy bear that needs to be babied so whenever someone criticises his performance you guys call it “hate”.
I really don’t think his teddy bearishness has anything to do with that…

Plenty of people spread hate towards Granit Xhaka in the past and others stood up for him. Is he a teddy bear too?

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
I really don’t think his teddy bearishness has anything to do with that…

Plenty of people spread hate towards Granit Xhaka in the past and others stood up for him. Is he a teddy bear too?
Nobody infantilises Xhaka. If people start going “look how grabbed his d*ck staring down those Serbs 🥹”, I’ll say the same thing about him.

db10_therza

Trusted ⭐

Nobody infantilises Xhaka. If people start going “look how grabbed his d*ck staring down those Serbs 🥹”, I’ll say the same thing about him.
That’s my whole point!

Saying there’s some causal link between whether or not a player is “infantilised” and is hated/liked on by members of this forum is a bit of a stretch.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
That’s my whole point!

Saying there’s some causal link between whether or not a player is “infantilised” and is hated/liked on by members of this forum is a bit of a stretch.
It’s not this forum, it’s the media and society in general. Remember that wall full of letters for Saka because he missed a penalty? Other players aren’t getting that treatment. It’s just like Kante.

db10_therza

Trusted ⭐

It’s not this forum, it’s the media and society in general. Remember that wall full of letters for Saka because he missed a penalty? Other players aren’t getting that treatment. It’s just like Kante.
Ah ok fair enough. I thought you were talking about guys on here. Fk knows what the broader public are doing.

That said I’d rather he had a “good boy” rep within the masses than a bad boy rep. Again Xhaka comparison is useful here - feel like half the cards be got was on rep alone…

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Just let them argue with themselves. Defence mechanisms always engaged and at 100% with young B. Even complaining about how the media treat him now gets you attacked.

The other day I got attacked because he was having a bad game despite saying absolutely nothing about him. He didn’t do much besides the goal but look how people run here to rub faces in it :lol: compare that to other players who would have a mid game while managing to grab a goal and it’s night and day.

db10_therza

Trusted ⭐

Have to say I’m still confused. Are you guys then moaning about “the media” saying nice things about him? Surely this is infinitely better than the media scapegoating him? You guys do generally want the best for our players no?

Moaners gonna moan…

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
Have to say I’m still confused. Are you guys then moaning about “the media” saying nice things about him? Surely this is infinitely better than the media scapegoating him? You guys do generally want the best for our players no?

Moaners gonna moan…
They just have agendas. Saka has destroyed all their passive aggressive nonsense and now they hate that the media is too nice to him lol. Like I stated previously, it's better for his brand. Kinda like Giannis in the NBA, it's the same nice guy image, but a killer on the basketball court. Funnily enough, most former and current NBA players also always use subtle tactics to try to discredit Giannis.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Moaners gonna moan…

Well, let me break it down for you.

- Somebody made a statement, saying "I don't like how the boy gets infantilised, I seen it with Walcott and he became permanently moist." I'd say this is closer to an observation than an outright complaint but whatever.

- Someone else says, "ya fr, but he prob likes it for all we know"

- Then a few of you come in and say "well what's the problem? what's the big deal? Why can't he be treated like a child?! GET OFF HIS CASE"

- Then someone explains what the problem is and who's mainly doing it

- Then someone else says, well ok. Don't get what you're moaning about though.

Article gets released about him having an 8 year old pen pal mid argument for further emphasize his cuteness. The media and people on here could treat him normally but I suppose that's too much to ask for many.

Geofranco

I mean Saka was 19 years old and missed the last penalty in major European tournament and received racial abuse, which I feel was actually exaggerated. I honestly think the whole racial abuse thing was overblown by the media, they sensationalized the whole thing. Majority of people were very supportive of Saka after the miss.

Geofranco

Well, let me break it down for you.

- Somebody made a statement, saying "I don't like how the boy gets infantilised, I seen it with Walcott and he became permanently moist." I'd say this is closer to an observation than an outright complaint but whatever.

- Someone else says, "ya fr, but he prob likes it for all we know"

- Then a few of you come in and say "well what's the problem? what's the big deal? Why can't he be treated like a child?! GET OFF HIS CASE"

- Then someone explains what the problem is and who's mainly doing it

- Then someone else says, well ok. Don't get what you're moaning about though.

Article gets released about him having an 8 year old pen pal mid argument for further emphasize his cuteness. The media and people on here could treat him normally but I suppose that's too much to ask for many.
Walcott was always moist lol. Saka at no point in his career has ever come off as soft. Some of y'all on here would be on **** watch if you missed a penalty with millions of people watching and I'm sure most of you are late 20s into your 30s that post on this forum regularly. Saying, but he prob likes it for all we know is also a major assumption. At this point it's harmless to his career and brand, so why should he rock the boat? Some of y'all have some agent of chaos energy.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I mean Saka was 19 years old and missed the last penalty in major European tournament and received racial abuse, which I feel was actually exaggerated. I honestly think the whole racial abuse thing was overblown by the media, they sensationalized the whole thing.

What an absolutely ridiculous thing to say. You from UK?

In any case Saka was one of the 3 black players who missed the pen and got abuse, only one of them got cards and sympathy (to my knowledge, they might has all gotten card murals).

This could be because Saka is really good at football compared to the other two, has a cute demeanour or is at a more family orientated club, could be a bunch of reasons, but its a stark contrast to Rashford who got his mural defaced.

The issues people are getting at with the infantilisation of Saka and Kante in particular compared to Rashford and Sancho known for wearing flashy chains or drinking magnums inbetween games goes over the heads of a lot of you on here. Evidence by the "what the hell is the problem" responses found on here.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

What an absolutely ridiculous thing to say. You from UK?

In any case Saka was one of the 3 black players who missed the pen and got abuse, only one of them got cards and sympathy (to my knowledge, they might has all gotten card murals).

This could be because Saka is really good at football compared to the other two, has a cute demeanour or is at a more family orientated club, could be a bunch of reasons, but its a stark contrast to Rashford who got his mural defaced.

The issues people are getting at with the infantilisation of Saka and Kante in particular compared to Rashford and Sancho known for wearing flashy chains or drinking magnums inbetween games goes over the heads of a lot of you on here. Evidence by the "what the hell is the problem" responses found on here.

:lol::lol::lol:

Saka needs level up from a Twix to a cuban link real soon. Has to be the next chapter in his career 🙏

db10_therza

Trusted ⭐

Isn’t this just further evidence though that it’s “good” that saka is portrayed the way he is? I really don’t understand. And I’m too old to understand wt ‘moist’ means in this context. Since when is GOATKante a problematic comparison? You want Saka to get hate like rashford and Sancho? And as an aside I think them manz got hate for politics and being underwhelming respectively.

Top Bottom