• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bukayo Saka: Saka The Net

Is Saka a world class player?

• Yes definitely

Votes: 48 38.7%
  • Close, he’ll get there soon

Votes: 62 50.0%
  • No no at all

Votes: 14 11.3%

• Total voters

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
What an absolutely ridiculous thing to say. You from UK?

In any case Saka was one of the 3 black players who missed the pen and got abuse, only one of them got cards and sympathy (to my knowledge, they might has all gotten card murals).

This could be because Saka is really good at football compared to the other two, has a cute demeanour or is at a more family orientated club, could be a bunch of reasons, but its a stark contrast to Rashford who got his mural defaced.

The issues people are getting at with the infantilisation of Saka and Kante in particular compared to Rashford and Sancho known for wearing flashy chains or drinking magnums inbetween games goes over the heads of a lot of you on here. Evidence by the "what the hell is the problem" responses found on here.
I'd rather Saka have the reputation as a smart, respectful and kind person that every father would let date his daughter than a hardman or sauce fiend. I don't know anything about Rashford and Sancho's lifestyle or behavior off the pitch. I only focus on Arsenal players. Plus even for Kante, why would he complain? It would only be a problem if it actually impacted his real life. Like people meeting him on the street and trying to pinch his cheek or cuddle him lol. Or it affecting him financially or in his ability to get top quality ass. I'm sure he is doing fine in all those areas.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Isn’t this just further evidence though that it’s “good” that saka is portrayed the way he is? I really don’t understand. And I’m too old to understand wt ‘moist’ means in this context. Since when is GOATKante a problematic comparison? You want Saka to get hate like rashford and Sancho? And as an aside I think them manz got hate for politics and being underwhelming respectively.
I think they might be trying to say that in England, black athletes are either treated as thugs or infantilized. I think it's a reach, but the media def pushes certain narratives with subtle racial prejudices. Saka's boyish looks, polite demeanor off the pitch and getting good grades at school def plays perfectly into the good boy trope, which is actually good for his brand as a young rising star. It makes him more family friendly, which in turn makes him more marketable. Even Michael Jordan in the NBA was portrayed as such a great guy to sell shoes and merchandise, but years after his retirement it came out that he was actually a massive asshole. Steph Curry in the NBA was known as the baby faced assassin because of his boyish looks. He didn't lose that image till his 30s after growing a beard.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Isn’t this just further evidence though that it’s “good” that saka is portrayed the way he is? I really don’t understand. And I’m too old to understand wt ‘moist’ means in this context. Since when is GOATKante a problematic comparison? You want Saka to get hate like rashford and Sancho? And as an aside I think them manz got hate for politics and being underwhelming respectively.

I can't speak for Saka like I originally said it's up to him but I'd just say remember your mindset when you were his age.

In a roundabout way, we are all saying Saka should have the freedom to be however and whoever he likes and still be entitled to the same level of respect.

However, when you see many praise him for being a boy scout, a few of us who know the other side wonder what if he isn't as good anymore? what if he stops this good boy image? but yeah whilst he's a good boy and one of the best young players around all good.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

I wouldn't dare compare Sterling to Sterling tbf, completely different players.

You were 100% percent in Eni Aluko's twitter comments after she made that mistake when everyone knew what she meant wasn't you?

Edit: I originally typed 1 million percent for theatrics but you also seem the type to point out 1 million percent isn't a thing. Have to be on point when you're in the public eye such as myself I guess.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
When you see many praise him for being a boy scout, a few of us who know the other side wonder what if he isn't as good anymore? what if he stops this good boy image? but yeah whilst he's a good boy and one of the best players around all good.

Truth 💯

Entropics

Established Member

You wonder if he would receive the same love if he costed England another trophy

There's a good topic there but it's not very relevant to football. Hero Rashford got eventually treated like **** when he was struggling for a while

Its funny that the only ones who are scared of Saka not getting any criticism because he asked a legend politely for photo with him are the ones who never criticized Pepe with his baby face and his virgin ugly beard even if it was proven game after game he is propably the worst buy that has been ever done in the PL.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Honestly I think Saka or at least the way he / the media portray him winds some people up.

He's not a rebel or an outlandish personality he gives the impression of being a humble / down to earth sort of guy and he's got a very compelling backstory. Stuff PR and marketing people dream of.

He's basically the anti- Jack Grealish reputation wise and I'm quite okay with that.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Honestly I think Saka or at least the way he / the media portray him winds some people up.

He's not a rebel or an outlandish personality he gives the impression of being a humble / down to earth sort of guy and he's got a very compelling backstory. Stuff PR and marketing people dream of.

He's basically the anti- Jack Grealish reputation wise and I'm quite okay with that.
It’s not good. When you are built as perfect and you show imperfect behaviour you will be called fake. That’s why I would prefer to be known as an a hole. Only way is up then

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Nope. If you don’t get it just be like db10 and say you don’t get it :lol:

It depends on how Saka feels anyways like I said, but it seems he doesn’t mind people saying “aww” when he fills up the petrol for his range or something. Yet anyways.

My only real beef if I had one is Saka’s humble personality is the only one football fans really praise. If you show any sort of individualism especially when you’re not world class it can be a prob (see “PRashford, Bellerin etc).

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Some of it feels downright patronising from the media, and I always thought the same about Kante too. It's like this is the way yous should behave, don't get too high on yourself. Like Nacho said, show any individuality at all and you'll be torn down.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Nope. If you don’t get it just be like db10 and say you don’t get it :lol:

It depends on how Saka feels anyways like I said, but it seems he doesn’t mind people saying “aww” when he fills up the petrol for his range or something. Yet anyways.

My only real beef if I had one is Saka’s humble personality is the only one football fans really praise. If you show any sort of individualism especially when you’re not world class it can be a prob (see “PRashford, Bellerin etc).

To me it's natural. He broke into the team at 17, that's probably the way a lot of us still think of him. He has a babyface and he has a fairly shy demeanour in interviews which maybe exacerbates his 'boyishness'

I don't know if he's being infantilised or whatever, to me he's being pushed as 'the boy next door / role model' sort, if you're going to get pigeonholed, that's not a bad one to be in.

If you're a parent Saka's probably someone that you'd like your football mad kid to grow up idolising and imitating.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

To me it's natural. He broke into the team at 17, that's probably the way a lot of us still think of him. He has a babyface and he has a fairly shy demeanour in interviews which maybe exacerbates his 'boyishness'

I don't know if he's being infantilised or whatever, to me he's being pushed as 'the boy next door / role model' sort, if you're going to get pigeonholed, that's not a bad one to be in.

If you're a parent Saka's probably someone that you'd like your football mad kid to grow up idolising and imitating.

If you’re a “be like him/her” kinda parent then sure :lol:

Saka isn’t the only way you have to carry yourself as a pro athlete, but if that’s really him (which I think it is) then more power to him.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

drinking magnums inbetween games
The Office Lol GIF by NETFLIX

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Some of it feels downright patronising from the media, and I always thought the same about Kante too. It's like this is the way yous should behave, don't get too high on yourself. Like Nacho said, show any individuality at all and you'll be torn down.
These kind of subtle subtle things are rarely understood on A-M, that it happens to be in the Saka thread makes it even more difficult as people think it’s agenda based.

If you don’t get it you don’t get it, I wouldn’t even bother going into what you’ve just touched on here.

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service
The reason why it matters is because people make Saka into this teddy bear that needs to be babied so whenever someone criticises his performance you guys call it “hate”.
So AG’s a Saka hater too, interesting:lol:

Latest posts+

Top Bottom