• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bukayo Saka: Saka The Net

Is Saka a world class player?

• Yes definitely

Votes: 48 38.7%
  • Close, he’ll get there soon

Votes: 62 50.0%
  • No no at all

Votes: 14 11.3%

• Total voters

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

It’s not that so much, I just genuinely don’t think this discussion would have got as much traction if arsenal was actually playing games. Apologies if my attempts at humour came off as insulting…

I’m just really starved of football tbh… managed to just about get by when there was a WC game every day but now I’m in a state.

View attachment 11305

Don’t be on the fence man. Say whatever you want with your chest 🤣 got these vibes from when you switched it up after trying that humour angle:

:lol:

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

City fans won't exchange Saka for Foden because he is from their academy and they believe he is a better talent lol. Why the **** would Saka get a nose piercing or dye his hair if he doesn't want to? To prove a point to weirdos on here that the media will turn on him? You talk about individuality and you're pressed that Saka is a wholesome well rounded person from a good home? Saka acts the way a young man with his head screwed on straight would, I doubt he cares about the media agendas, it's his family and friends that count.

1670457449983.jpeg

:lol::lol::lol: The tag

But yeah you’re clearly the only one who’s pressed.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Anthony Joshua was never a good boy. Dude was out in dem streets till he found boxing.
Two reasons.

The reformed bad boy who would have been in dead or jail if not for boxing is a nice trope, another convenient box to fit in as a black athlete.

Secondly he was at the top of his game for a while and nobody could chat to him anyway. Rashford, Pogba, Sterling wouldn’t get trashed if they were playing undoubtedly well. Even Auba’s flashy lifestyle was just a bit of a quirk until he stopped banging the goals.

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service
Man I really tried to stay out of it :lol:

I feel like there was enough explanation given before I came in.
I admit I didn’t read everything, but I’m pretty sure a few of us weren't even 100% sure whether we were talking about a racial issue or not

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
I’ll be real I’m not really bothered on if he wants to change the image, I’m sure he wouldn’t allow himself to be restrained by that.

It’s just something that you guys pointed out and I defo agreed with, the whole David Beckham thing today is clear confirmation imo and it’s just sad really.

I don’t really know where to go from here, it’s not a bad thing for him but the wider issue, particularly the flipside for players who aren’t as “wholesome” is sad tbh.

Rooney, Giggs, Terry, Gerrard all come to mind here. Can you imagine if they did what they did and they were black...

Again though, tragic as it is, this is far from the most troubling manifestation of racism in the UK today. It's also not confined to footballers. When a brown british man commits a crime in this country it will always get reported as 'the british bangladeshi known as db10_therza was sentenced to 10 years...'

Özil got it spot on when he said "I'm german when we win and turkish when we lose"...

What's even more tragic is that racism in this country pales in comparison to other places. Seriously Australia is a hell hole for anyone with coloured skin. Why I got so mad when they released that video about Qatar.

Anyway. Thank God for Bukayo Saka is my takeaway from all this :)

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Rooney, Giggs, Terry, Gerrard all come to mind here. Can you imagine if they did what they did and they were black...

Again though, tragic as it is, this is far from the most troubling manifestation of racism in the UK today. It's also not confined to footballers. When a brown british man commits a crime in this country it will always get reported as 'the british bangladeshi known as db10_therza was sentenced to 10 years...'

Özil got it spot on when he said "I'm german when we win and turkish when we lose"...

What's even more tragic is that racism in this country pales in comparison to other places. Seriously Australia is a hell hole for anyone with coloured skin. Why I got so mad when they released that video about Qatar.

Anyway. Thank God for Bukayo Saka is my takeaway from all this :)
Yeah it’s sad and I have no doubt that if we had more large minority groups playing football here it would happen to them too.

Özil example is a great one, same problem different minority group.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

This just reminded me of sth a friend said on watsapp after the Iran game. The BBC thumbnail for the story was of some of the white players celebrating. He said "Watch this space - second we play **** they'll put up a photo of Saka there..."

And sure enough there was Saka holding his head in his hands in the thumbnail after the USA game...

Prob just a coincidence tbh but it did make me think...

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

This just reminded me of sth a friend said on watsapp after the Iran game. The BBC thumbnail for the story was of some of the white players celebrating. He said "Watch this space - second we play **** they'll put up a photo of Saka there..."

And sure enough there was Saka holding his head in his hands in the thumbnail after the USA game...

Prob just a coincidence tbh but it did make me think...
Examples like this are so blatant you sometimes genuinely wonder if you are overthinking it and it’s just coincidence.

But then you look back at history and realise it’s absolutely not a coincidence. :lol:

samspade

Examples like this are so blatant you sometimes genuinely wonder if you are overthinking it and it’s just coincidence.

But then you look back at history and realise it’s absolutely not a coincidence. :lol:
It’s a 100% real. I have absolutely zero trust in our institutions now, every inquiry we ever carry out finds that they are corrupt, racist and sexist, without fail it seems.
A huge proportion of the refs are from the north-west too, officiating is in the ****ing toilet in this game

samspade

No drama, just made a simple observation and the Bukayo Sakuals are in their feelings now.
You were talking a crock of Sh*t earlier though….
The reason why it matters is because people make Saka into this teddy bear that needs to be babied so whenever someone criticises his performance you guys call it “hate”.
When detailing why it matters you said it was because AM posters would push back against criticism of his performances— an absolute non event to be quite honest

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

When detailing why it matters you said it was because AM posters would push back against criticism of his performances— an absolute non event to be quite honest

It’s done now man, we should talk about his supposed lack of right foot or something.

On that note, I can’t recall many two footed left footers. Vp, Robben, Giroud, etc all shamelessly one footed yet habitual winners.

Apart from striking the ball trying to score or finish a move I think it’s an unrealistic expectation and Santi level ambidexterity should always be kind of a bonus. Discuss?

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
It’s done now man, we should talk about his supposed lack of right foot or something.

On that note, I can’t recall many two footed left footers. Vp, Robben, Giroud, etc all shamelessly one footed yet habitual winners.

Apart from striking the ball trying to score or finish a move I think it’s an unrealistic expectation and Santi level ambidexterity should always be kind of a bonus. Discuss?
RVP had a pretty decent right foot. Messi too, remember the stat that year where Villa got relegated and he had scored more with his right foot than they had as a team altogether for most of the season.

Santi level of ambidexterity is definitely a bonus but being able to pass a ball with your weaker foot without breaking a leg should be required. Saka is not useless in that regard but that and his finishing are two of his biggest areas for improvement.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆

What’s your point?

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

You were 100% percent in Eni Aluko's twitter comments after she made that mistake when everyone knew what she meant wasn't you?

Edit: I originally typed 1 million percent for theatrics but you also seem the type to point out 1 million percent isn't a thing. Have to be on point when you're in the public eye such as myself I guess.

No but if you link me I'm happy to troll her, too.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom