• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bukayo Saka: Saka The Net

Is Saka a world class player?

• Yes definitely

Votes: 48 38.7%
  • Close, he’ll get there soon

Votes: 62 50.0%
  • No no at all

Votes: 14 11.3%

• Total voters

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
What you said matters really doesn’t matter
Charlie Day Reaction GIF

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service
It’s done now man, we should talk about his supposed lack of right foot or something.

On that note, I can’t recall many two footed left footers. Vp, Robben, Giroud, etc all shamelessly one footed yet habitual winners.

Apart from striking the ball trying to score or finish a move I think it’s an unrealistic expectation and Santi level ambidexterity should always be kind of a bonus. Discuss?
Ousmane Dembele is the exception that comes to mind.
For it to be worth the opportunity cost, the extra options you get have to be genuinely dangerous— no point in having average dribbling ability from your weaker foot in elite sports, you’ll get eaten up. So in a lot of cases, unless you make a huge investment, it’s not really worth it imo. I think sticking to finishing/final ball execution is sensible personally.

You see a similar thing in boxing, boxers rarely switch stance. I think the reason is because you have to be extremely practiced and have a subtle understanding to be a threat from one stance at top level, and your opponent is likely to have experience against both stances.

If, as a natural righty, I decide to devote half my time to developing my southpaw stance, then that divides my experience between two sets of matchups. My southpaw vs southpaw and orthodox, and my orthodox vs southpaw and orthodox, so suddenly my opponent has an advantage in experience as they’ve devoted all their training time to learning to fight either a southpaw and orthodox fighter from their one chosen stance while I’ve halved my experience in the match up because I’ve been training four different match ups.

But there may well be football innovations to come that identify where certain new types of two footedness are beneficial in terms of opportunity cost.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
From the England vids this lad seems the most popular guy in the squad, they all absolutely love him to bits, he must be an absolute top lad.

Face of England and Arsenal at 21 ffs, if this lads agent has any competency he’s getting him a massive massive contract.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Wingers better than Saka:
Salah
Mahrez
Foden
Dembele
Sane
Gnabry
Khvicha
Vini Jr
Rodrygo
Leão
Rashford
Kulusevski (debatable)
Sterling (debatable)

Anybody else that you believe should be added?

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
This just reminded me of sth a friend said on watsapp after the Iran game. The BBC thumbnail for the story was of some of the white players celebrating. He said "Watch this space - second we play **** they'll put up a photo of Saka there..."

And sure enough there was Saka holding his head in his hands in the thumbnail after the USA game...

Prob just a coincidence tbh but it did make me think...
It’s never coincidental. Trust me. I work in the media/advertising industry and I can tell you that anything that goes out to the public has to go through many eyes. It’s like the nonsense that Balenciaga pulled the other week. There is no way someone higher up didn’t veto that.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Its funny that the only ones who are scared of Saka not getting any criticism because he asked a legend politely for photo with him are the ones who never criticized Pepe with his baby face and his virgin ugly beard even if it was proven game after game he is propably the worst buy that has been ever done in the PL.
Almost forgot what rancid posting you're capable of.

Why are you joking about Pepe's patchy beard for anyway when you don't even have patchy hair.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Really interested to see how Saka does against Theo Hernandez on Saturday. Nicolas Pepe gave him a rough time:

👀

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Don’t like how Saka has been infantilised by the media. They’re softening him up so he’ll never be a killer, like they did with Walcott. I remember Almunia calling him out for being “too nice” and Saka is going down the same path.
Yeah, it’s how they like their black guys, quiet and humble, so they over play it. Subtle racism at it’s heart. Makes you think what an earthquake Muhammad Ali must have been back in the day. Loud, boastful, political, a philosopher and a killer against any white guy who stepped in the ring. He broke the mould, but it seems 50 yrs later, people are still trying to put it back together again.

Last edited:

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Really interested to see how Saka does against Theo Hernandez on Saturday. Nicolas Pepe gave him a rough time:

👀
Uhmmmbappe didn’t play in that game right? Idk how much tracking back Saka will have to do to thwart him. Hopefully not much

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

👀

Pepe's exploits are now irrelevant and he should remain in his coffin sadly.

One thing I will add is it's interesting how it's a given on here Zaha would have done better at Arsenal etc when the fact is whenever these two join up for the NT Pepe often outshines him.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Wingers better than Saka:
Salah
Mahrez
Foden
Dembele
Sane
Gnabry
Khvicha
Vini Jr
Rodrygo
Leão
Rashford
Kulusevski (debatable)
Sterling (debatable)

Anybody else that you believe should be added?

We considering these players at their peak or how it stands now? I'd take Saka over a few of these names.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Pepe's exploits are now irrelevant and he should remain in his coffin sadly.

One thing I will add is it's interesting how it's a given on here Zaha would have done better at Arsenal etc when the fact is whenever these two join up for the NT Pepe often outshines him.

Just for reference sake Pepe has 4 goals and Lacazette 9 goals in Ligue 1 this season too about the same as certain attackers at our club but it’s a “farmers league” so it doesn’t count.

:lol:

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Yeah, it’s how they like their black guys, quiet and humble, so they over play it. Subtle racism at it’s heart. Makes you think what an earthquake Mohamed Ali must have been back in the day. Loud, boastful, political, a philosopher and a killer against any white guy who stepped in the ring. He broke the mould, but it seems 50 yrs later, people are still trying to put it back together again.
Muhammad Ali would be an earthquake if he were born today, someone who speaks truth to power and has the charisma looks and wits to back it let alone the talent and heart. Greatest athlete ever no one comes close.

6666Louis

Not for me. He’s hasn’t done as much as Saka, and he’s probably the most replaceable in our front line. I still rate him highly though.
This season Martinelli has been better than Saka,

He has destroyed every single defender he has been up against, whereas Saka has been a bit quiet.

But agree, last season was different.

Who has the highest ceiling? Hmmm, maybe Ødegaard hehe

Latest posts+

Top Bottom