• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bukayo Saka: Saka The Net

Is Saka a world class player?

• Yes definitely

Votes: 50 37.3%
  • Close, he’ll get there soon

Votes: 66 49.3%
  • No no at all

Votes: 18 13.4%

• Total voters

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Agreed but I think a lot of his game will be trying to track back and nullify the threat of Mbappe/Theo Hernandez as they’ll try to overload that side.

Let’s hope the folk in Qatar don’t make those lights too bright 👀
Seperately I might put my life savings on Saka to concede a penalty.

Securing the bag while simultaneously winding up the Sakuals>>>

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
It’s done now man, we should talk about his supposed lack of right foot or something.

On that note, I can’t recall many two footed left footers. Vp, Robben, Giroud, etc all shamelessly one footed yet habitual winners.

Apart from striking the ball trying to score or finish a move I think it’s an unrealistic expectation and Santi level ambidexterity should always be kind of a bonus. Discuss?

Don't particularly think Saka is all that one footed 🤷‍♂️ You're never gonna put him in the Santi bracket obv but he's fine in that area imo.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

We look too much for physical attributes and the excitement factor when we look a wide men and players in general I feel.

Saka isn't going to win you a lot of aesthetic points compared to some. He's quick but not lightning, isn't going to dazzle you with loads of step overs or going glory hunting with 30 yard shots.

Saka is almost robotic and I mean that as a huge compliment. He makes the right decision virtually every time to a degree that is freakish for a player his age.

His football intelligence is what sets Saka apart from virtually all of his peers.
That consistent robotic nature is arguably why you could limit his ceiling too.

As an attacking player you kind of do need that ability to turn in a 9/10 or 10/10 sometimes and being able to do that without the lightning pace/crazy dribbling/crazy finishing is difficult from the wing. I genuinely can't think of a winger that has been/is viewed as world class that didn't have something like that. Hazard, Neymar, Sterling, Son, Mahrez, Dembele, Mbappe, Vini Jr, Salah, Mane, Sane, Gnabry, Alexis, Di Maria and so on.

I think his IQ and that consistency put him head and shoulders above his peers, he plays like an experienced player already and that will always do well for him but his peers will catch up to him in that regard with games played. You can't be a world class player on IQ alone, the more certified names I listed above also had great footballing intelligence, it's pretty much the base for being a WC player.

Do you see him adding something to his game or you think he can become world class from just doing the right things?

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Football genuinely looks easy for wide players who can go inside or out.

Off the top of my head Vini Jr, Dembele and Mbappe just do one fake shot/cross and like three defenders will go flying. :lol:

Those guys are elite though but it even works with Perisic, barely any pace but always able to get his shot/cross off because defenders just can't gamble on one side.
Agree in general although tbf Perisic and Dembele are outliers, can't demand our players to play like that there are very, very few players as comfortable with either foot as they are. Dembele especially, this clip still kills me every time I watch it

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Agree in general although tbf Perisic and Dembele are outliers, can't demand our players to play like that there are very, very few players as comfortable with either foot as they are. Dembele especially, this clip still kills me every time I watch it

Absolute joke :lol:

Is Perisic a natural? Thought it was just trained, similar to Son.

D

Deleted member 102404

The reason why it matters is because people make Saka into this teddy bear that needs to be babied so whenever someone criticises his performance you guys call it “hate”.
I think there is a general trend to under rate players that don’t cost a lot of money.
I watch a fair bit of the leagues outside the PL and some of the player held up as the worlds best are not at Saka’s level.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
I think there is a general trend to under rate players that don’t cost a lot of money.
I watch a fair bit of the leagues outside the PL and some of the player held up as the worlds best are not at Saka’s level.
Any names? I presume Leao will be one.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
It's like someone who treats outsiders better than their own family. There has been a trend of some so called fans underrating and even hating on academy products that are Arsenal true and true. The academy is literally the only thing that a supporter can be romantic about. Young kids coming through that understand the ethos of the club.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Absolute joke :lol:

Is Perisic a natural? Thought it was just trained, similar to Son.
I love the confused look on his face, like he thinks having two equally good feet is a normal thing :lol:

Perisic is natural and a lot more comfortable with his left than Son, could go either way since his Dortmund days. Remember him coming on to score against us back around 2010 times, had a weird career with a couple poorly timed moves and flourished late but he's unfortunately a very good player.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
That consistent robotic nature is arguably why you could limit his ceiling too.

As an attacking player you kind of do need that ability to turn in a 9/10 or 10/10 sometimes and being able to do that without the lightning pace/crazy dribbling/crazy finishing is difficult from the wing. I genuinely can't think of a winger that has been/is viewed as world class that didn't have something like that. Hazard, Neymar, Sterling, Son, Mahrez, Dembele, Mbappe, Vini Jr, Salah, Mane, Sane, Gnabry, Alexis, Di Maria and so on.

I think his IQ and that consistency put him head and shoulders above his peers, he plays like an experienced player already and that will always do well for him but his peers will catch up to him in that regard with games played. You can't be a world class player on IQ alone, the more certified names I listed above also had great footballing intelligence, it's pretty much the base for being a WC player.

Do you see him adding something to his game or you think he can become world class from just doing the right things?

Well, I think that Saka will improve aspects of his game with experience / coaching but I agree that he's not going to fundamentally change / evolve the player he is. He has a ceiling and though he's above average in pretty much all of his physical attributes there's not one that strikes you as being really exceptional.

To me it's output that will define how good he is. By the time he's 24 or 25, goals and assists are going to be the barometer of which classification he falls into.

I think his output is already starting to push on this season. 10 goal contribution in 14 PL games, 3 in 3 at the WC that's pretty good and I'd argue that he's not been on top, top form in most games this season. He seems to be finding that knack of contributing goals and assists even when he's not at his best.

I don't think Saka is going to be viewed as a stand alone star player by most, he's always going to be a cog in the wheel type, if an important one.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
AM... "Saka needs to get rid of this school kid image already, ffs!"

Bukayo... "Lets help everyone with their spelling!"

The lad’s adding a touch of class to the game and country. Bit different from the days of Gazza guzzling vast quantities of alcohol and playing stupid pranks all day.

Tsl

I dont understand the eagerness to keep discussing Bukayos ceiling. It is not set in stone that he will be one of the best in the world, just as you cant say his potentiel is limited. Only a few predicted Cristiano to become the goalmachine he became when he was 21 years old. Bukayo has been Arsenal's player of the year two years in a row, is currently one of the best winger in the league and has just scored three goals in his first world cup starting for one of the best football nations in the world. Lets just enjoy him, his doing everything right at the moment.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
The lad’s adding a touch of class to the game and country. Bit different from the days of Gazza guzzling vast quantities of alcohol and playing stupid pranks all day.
It would've been nice if Wenger didn't lock himself in the Red (and White) Keep hoarding his pennies but rather come down off the Iron Throne (made of our enemy's cannons) and mingled with the yutes.

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service
I think his IQ and that consistency put him head and shoulders above his peers, he plays like an experienced player already and that will always do well for him but his peers will catch up to him in that regard with games played.
Happy to hear you mention his IQ, glad you're catching up. IQ never stops being an advantage though.

For the record, Martinelli's showing he's a very high IQ player as well even though people never mention that for stylistic reasons.

Top Bottom